[REF] Android Builds for HD2s - Sense and Stock - Pretty Stable

Search This thread

bartveld

Oct 16, 2007
Thanks for the feedback. I now have resolved the GSM issue with Chucky's DroidRom and I have mattc froyo+sense 1.7 running. Still experiencing freezes, but I've been unable to find any system in them.

First and foremost let me begin by thanking eveyone at XDA for making Android on HD2 possible. I was almost ready to sell my phone and then I found XDA!!! =).... Anyhow, my 2 part question is... I've downloaded FroyoStone Clean and ran it successfully without having to install a custom ROM and the build seems to be very stable without any crashes; My question is do I have to install a custom ROM or can I just continue with my HD2 version ROM 2.13 and Radio 2.10?

Second, its been a while since I've seen any updates for all the current builds out, do you guys know if their are any new updates for the FroyoStone_Clean/Sense versions? Or if the audio issue and the phone call/robot's voice issue have been fixed yet? If these issues have been fixed, can you PLEEEEEEASE add the link since those are the 2 main problems I have with my build, as well as 3G but it seems that I still have a data connection but it appears under "H" which I've never seen on TMOUS network before but my APN is the typical epc.tmobile.com for TMOUS

Phone: HTC HD2
Build: FroyoStone2.2_Clean
ROM: 2.13.531.1
Radio: 2.10.50.26

1. You don't HAVE to flash a custom rom, but it is usually recommended. A custom rom will normally help Android run faster (allows more free memory) and can help with some common issues, which leads to #2
2. The robo voice is a rom related issue. Flashing a custom rom will usually solve the problem completely. There have been many updates to previous Android builds as well as new builds being created. Just check the first page of the Leo Android Development Forum (which is where this thread is located) and choose one you like, HTC Sense (ex. Droid Incredible) or Stock Froyo (what you're using now).
3. The H data connection is a good thing, its faster than 3G.

I use ChuckyDroidRom, found here -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=734238
It is made to run Android so is completely bare-bones winmo, you will NOT want to run windows with this rom. It will work, but there are very few programs/interface enhancements installed. This is made just to boot Android quickly, and has specifically helped with many issues including screen freezes. If you think you will want to run Windows now and then as well as have the ability to boot Android, I personally like http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=651729 . Great windows rom and it runs Android well.

IF YOU HAVE NOT FLASHED A CUSTOM ROM OR RADIO BEFORE, USE CAUTION. this process is NOT the same as installing Android, which is simple and relatively risk free. Incorrectly flashing a rom or radio can brick your phone, making it totally unusable. For more info, read this first -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=653614

Hope this helps. Just search around and read if you need more info, every imaginable question has been answered somewhere in these forums ;)

lilsir

Jun 14, 2010
Is there another way to download this file

http://cotulla.pp.ru/leo/Cotulla_LEO..._WLAN_DATA.rar

When I click on the link I get this error

Not Found

The requested URL /leo/Cotulla_LEO_Android21_HW3D_BT_WLAN_DATA.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2 Server at cotulla.pp.ru Port 80 :eek:

onlymein303

Oct 26, 2010
Denver
No 3G access

I've got a clean install of the Froyostone 2.2. , I can access the TMobile network for phone calls, but can't access the 3G system for internet.
Any clues?
Thanks

my rom version 3.14.531.0
rom date 08/30/10
radio 2.14.50.04
OS version 5.2.21913

Last edited:

ginsmon

Oct 18, 2010
Hi
i have bought an HTC HD2 from India and the phone configurations are given below.
Phone: HTC HD2 T8585
ROM: 1.48.720.2 (71294) WWE
RADIO: 2.05.51.05_2
SPL: 2.08.0000

i would like to upgrade from VM to Android..

Could you please tell which is the good build available and how to i upgrade my mobile.

Please assist me to join to the android family.

Regards,
Ginsmon Joseph.

ik_agnabi

Apr 26, 2008
hello brothers help me plz

brothers i just bought hd2 t mobile version and i need to download android on it can budy help me how i can downlaod please thanks in advance brothers

mariom

Oct 30, 2005
Manchester
Would the OP like to update this post, or at least edit the first post and make it 'No longer maintained or something'? Given that the title is [REF], some maintenance would be welcome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    im sorry to ask this but i was following the other thread that closed and lost track do android works on the hd2 now ? and whats the problems its left with ? the last i heard was the bsod

...really??? seriously
    for real!?
    READ THE FIRST POST!
    Yeah, broken Sense seems to be an issue with these builds with some users, unfortunately.

2 options for preventive measures:

- disable sense and run haret imediately after restart
    or
    - install dual-boot app (my choice :;)
    I have finaly got froyo on my HD2...here the link and is working.
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/yvzt3a

Issues: pressing the power button is getting my unit in a black screen mode and the only way is to remove the battery.
    Second: phone (no dial ton), camera (camera is not starting, just black screen) and battery (battery is not charging).

cheers
    desirebuild_v5 went to a black screen during sleep, but would not recover after i upgraded to Cotulla_zImage_PANEL_ON_OFF_ON_OFF_OFF_GSOD. I could tell the OS was still running just fine, but the screen would not wake. I had to pull the battery.

My wake-up required two presses of the power button instead of one. Other than that, it woke up just fine. Go figure.