Need help changing my Gridsize with Xperia Launcher (Xposed Framework)

Search This thread

tripmo

Apr 16, 2014
Singapore
Hello everyone,

I am new to modifying stock launchers.

(that means I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE with rom's / rooting / xposed framework, etc)

For the last few days I have been looking for a way to get a bigger grid size for my Stock Xperia Launcher.
I don't want to use a 3rd party launcher.

In the past I have modifying my Samsung phones (using 3rd party launchers like TSF Shell / Nova Launcher / Widgetlocker, UCCW, Missed it!, etc).

Now I have my Sony Xperia Z1 for 2 months. I used Nova Launcher + Widgetlocker. Then yesterday my WiFi didn't had internet access anymore. So I contacted Sony and I had to reset my phone.

So I start from a new fresh installation now. I was impressed with what Sony had done with Xperia Launcher within these 2 months, I decided I want to use this launcher (no 3rd party launchers)
So now I want to use my Stock Launcher and be able to get a bigger grid size and I want my dock to have 7 instead of 5 icons.

I did some research but I found it confusing so now I need help

On XDA forums I see people talking about using Xposed framework.

Can someone explain me step to step how to used this Xposed framework?
I saw the video that XDA developers made regarding Xposed framework. Which is very clear to me
But how do you implant modules? Where you find these modules?

I just need a bigger Grid size and I want a 7 icon dock, and that is it. My phone I use in Portrait mode mostly, only when Facebooking / Surfing internet / Watching movies I will use Landscape mode.

Can anyone help me out?

Xperia Z1 specs:
Model Number: C6903
Android Version: 4.4.2
Build Number: 14.3.A.0.757

Last edited:

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello everyone,

I am new to modifying stock launchers.

(that means I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE with rom's / rooting / xposed framework, etc)

For the last few days I have been looking for a way to get a bigger grid size for my Stock Xperia Launcher.
I don't want to use a 3rd party launcher.

In the past I have modifying my Samsung phones (using 3rd party launchers like TSF Shell / Nova Launcher / Widgetlocker, UCCW, Missed it!, etc).

Now I have my Sony Xperia Z1 for 2 months. I used Nova Launcher + Widgetlocker. Then yesterday my WiFi didn't had internet access anymore. So I contacted Sony and I had to reset my phone.

So I start from a new fresh installation now. I was impressed with what Sony had done with Xperia Launcher within these 2 months, I decided I want to use this launcher (no 3rd party launchers)
So now I want to use my Stock Launcher and be able to get a bigger grid size and I want my dock to have 7 instead of 5 icons.

I did some research but I found it confusing so now I need help

On XDA forums I see people talking about using Xposed framework.

Can someone explain me step to step how to used this Xposed framework?
I saw the video that XDA developers made regarding Xposed framework. Which is very clear to me
But how do you implant modules? Where you find these modules?

I just need a bigger Grid size and I want a 7 icon dock, and that is it. My phone I use in Portrait mode mostly, only when Facebooking / Surfing internet / Watching movies I will use Landscape mode.

Can anyone help me out?

Xperia Z1 specs:
Model Number: C6903
Android Version: 4.4.2
Build Number: 14.3.A.0.757

use this app to make it

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-z/themes-apps/z-gem-xperia-xposed-xperia-launcher-t2603569

tripmo

Apr 16, 2014
Singapore

Thanks for the reply.
I will try it later on today when I reach home, I am at work now.

1 More question:
When I try this out, will my live Xperia wallpaper still work, in both Lock Screen + Home Screen?

( I am using the live wallpaper that comes standard with the stock Xperia, named Xperia. I use this wallpaper in both Lock Screen + Home Screen )
That is the one with the waves that changes color after lots of side scrolling )

Ben Ling

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 2, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks for the reply.

1 More question:
When I try this out, will my live Xperia wallpaper still work, in both Lock Screen + Home Screen?

( I am using the live wallpaper that comes standard with the stock Xperia, named Xperia. I use this wallpaper in both Lock Screen + Home Screen )
That is the one with the waves that changes color after lots of side scrolling )

Yes the live wallpaper still works on lock and home screen.

Reactions: tripmo

Richy99

Nov 16, 2009
work and the gem module

its what I use for a 7 icon dock and a 5x4 homescreen and 5x5 drawer

Reactions: tripmo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks for the reply.

1 More question:

Yes the live wallpaper still works on lock and home screen.
    work and the gem module

its what I use for a 7 icon dock and a 5x4 homescreen and 5x5 drawer