[Q] ATT Converted GPE Camera/Wifi don't work after 4.4.3 OTA

Search This thread

apoptosis66

May 12, 2014
I converted my AT&T HTC One M8 to GPE a month or two ago. It has been working great, until yesterday when I applied the 4.4.3 OTA update straight from Google. Now the camara doesn't work "Can't connect to camera", and WIFI won't turn on.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I have never done the OTA update? I thought once I converted to GPE it was the same as a GPE phone.

Thank you in advance for any help.

BerndM14

Apr 8, 2014
I converted my AT&T HTC One M8 to GPE a month or two ago. It has been working great, until yesterday when I applied the 4.4.3 OTA update straight from Google. Now the camara doesn't work "Can't connect to camera", and WIFI won't turn on.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I have never done the OTA update? I thought once I converted to GPE it was the same as a GPE phone.

This thread discusses GPE update + issues Might want to check out that thread it discussed some of the camera issues there.

By the looks of things it seems it doesn't properly update/install if your CID isn't right. Though you might want to check out the GPE threads that's quite easy to find here and discuss more with them. I don't have the GPE conversion myself so.

apoptosis66

May 12, 2014
This thread discusses GPE update + issues Might want to check out that thread it discussed some of the camera issues there.

By the looks of things it seems it doesn't properly update/install if your CID isn't right. Though you might want to check out the GPE threads that's quite easy to find here and discuss more with them. I don't have the GPE conversion myself so.

Thank you, I will definitely check into CID. I forget which one I used when installing there were like 5 available. Its possible I chose the wrong one didn't know there was a right one.

Reactions: BerndM14

StillADefyOwner

Sep 23, 2013

Hi Same happened to me, I reflashed the GPE RUU in fastboot (after backing up data of course) then reboot phone into fastboot and type fastboot writecid GOOGL001 then fastboot reboot then I downloaded OTA and camera and phone is working fine also no lag when rebooting. Not sure if changing the cid after you have updated will work.

apoptosis66

May 12, 2014
Success

Hi Same happened to me, I reflashed the GPE RUU in fastboot (after backing up data of course) then reboot phone into fastboot and type fastboot writecid GOOGL001 then fastboot reboot then I downloaded OTA and camera and phone is working fine also no lag when rebooting. Not sure if changing the cid after you have updated will work.

I changed me CID to GOOGL001 and then flashed the new 4.4.3 RUU and everything is fine. Thank you guys!

Reactions: brittan

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you, I will definitely check into CID. I forget which one I used when installing there were like 5 available. Its possible I chose the wrong one didn't know there was a right one.
    Success

I changed me CID to GOOGL001 and then flashed the new 4.4.3 RUU and everything is fine. Thank you guys!