soon to be AMAZE 4G owner! ONE S what!?

Search This thread

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
Read through this whole thread and it seems pretty...childish.
The whole "my phone is better than yours" bit.

Honestly? To each his own, right?
You either want camera buttons, or you don't.
You either want a microSD slot, or you don't.
You either want a removable battery, or you don't.
So on and so forth.

It seems to me that the issue here between GG and JSY is that
GG completely bashed the Amaze and glorified the One S.
It shouldn't be that way. You like what you like. It's not a My Phone v. Your Phone thing.
It's just preference right?

I feel like every phone has it's pros and cons. No phone is "perfect".
If there were a perfect phone, we'd all be using it and never upgrading or buying new phones.
Afterall, how can you improve "perfect"?
And to be honest, perfect is a relative term when it comes to phones on this forum.
EVERYONE wants something different.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with this post. I do apologize.
Feel free to quote and flame me, my feelings won't get hurt.

I just hope we can settle this issue by saying:
"Hey...our phones are different. You like what you like and I like what I like. Let's leave it at that."

Best post in this whole thread. Wayne can come in here and give a more objective opinion because he's owned both phones and I trust his opinion on this one. Now asking him about one s vs s3 is a different story...:D

Reactions: realitysconcierge
G

glacierguy

Best post in this whole thread. Wayne can come in here and give a more objective opinion because he's owned both phones and I trust his opinion on this one. Now asking him about one s vs s3 is a different story...:D

When u trade your sgs3 for one S I'll catch u up to speed ;)

#buyersremorse

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

andy55

Sep 10, 2009
I'm not sure how long you've been around, but Glacierguy is one of the few people who would go out of his way to help the influx of noobs we've had- and he is sorta like a buddy of mine, and it sucks to see him go.. but it is truly pointless comments like yours that makes the truly helpful people like us not want to help at all.
You either contribute to the discussions on XDA, or you take something away from it.. and you decide which it is. I could say much worse than that right now, but I'm not going to bother.

It was a joke, and I think others would agree, you had it coming with a post like that, so lighten up :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fuego77

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Damn it Glacier.. I went to stalking you to see why I haven't seen you posting nowherez.. and I see this "gave away my amaze" crap! Damn it! You are on that short list of people who've been helpful!
I'm about to go read your earlier posts in this thread to see how you glorified the HTC one.. but I have a feeling better development has to be a bit reason! I wasn't awesome-sauce enough to keep you around?? I'm hurt. :( Now I may need to go stalk whatever forums you're more active in, just so you don't miss the pain in the ass I am! :D

There is some sort of button or failsafe or something that most non-removable battery android devices have.. like on my nook color, holding the power button for 8 seconds is the equivalent of pulling the battery.
You're right, someone on a tighter budget, or someone more price aware would have to weigh the pros/cons of contract/no-contract versus cost of phone.. Since I always void warranties as soon as I get a device, buying used for cheaper and going without contract is the only option I consider. I've personally played with a HTC one a bit, and I don't see ENOUGH improvements over the amaze that I would consider it an upgrade - at least not when I'd be losing battery and external sd card access.
I wouldn't recommend the HTC one as an upgrade to someone that owns an amaze already, but user experience IS a big part of the whole thing.. so I can see why some people focus so much on development. All us amaze owners can do it push to get development rocking here, which may require some new contributors, and maybe an attitude change of some of the newer people here(if they want anyone to keep trying)..

Yup, if you hold both volume buttons down and push the power button it shuts it off/ goes into bootloader.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using xda premium

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
When u trade your sgs3 for one S I'll catch u up to speed ;)

#buyersremorse

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

just got back from tmobile where i had a chance to look at the one s and the s3. i must say the s3 has the most beautiful screen ive ever seen on any phone. literally it was stunning. the phone itself felt more sturdy than the s2 did. i personally wasnt impressed at all by the one s, although i do believe it to be an awesome phone for htc fanboys :p to each his own tho, i just know in a few days, my s3 will be in hand :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Read through this whole thread and it seems pretty...childish.
    The whole "my phone is better than yours" bit.

Honestly? To each his own, right?
    You either want camera buttons, or you don't.
    You either want a microSD slot, or you don't.
    You either want a removable battery, or you don't.
    So on and so forth.

It seems to me that the issue here between GG and JSY is that
    GG completely bashed the Amaze and glorified the One S.
    It shouldn't be that way. You like what you like. It's not a My Phone v. Your Phone thing.
    It's just preference right?

I feel like every phone has it's pros and cons. No phone is "perfect".
    If there were a perfect phone, we'd all be using it and never upgrading or buying new phones.
    Afterall, how can you improve "perfect"?
    And to be honest, perfect is a relative term when it comes to phones on this forum.
    EVERYONE wants something different.

I hope that I didn't offend anyone with this post. I do apologize.
    Feel free to quote and flame me, my feelings won't get hurt.

I just hope we can settle this issue by saying:
    "Hey...our phones are different. You like what you like and I like what I like. Let's leave it at that."
    Gonna make this really short and sweet. After weeks of googling youtube videos and other source reviews of pros and cons between Amaze 4g and One S - I have decided to lean towards Amaze = ) for the following YET "HIGH" Pros reason

A) availability to expand memory using MicroSD card - ONE S? = ERRR
    B) availability to swap batteries if needed - ONE S? = tsk tsk tsk
    C) high-end build quality feel and craftsmanship of the device - ONE S? = BOOoo!
    D) the way it looks caters more for "PROS" imho - ONE S? = looks more for beginners = /
    E) dedicated camera and camcorder buttons!! - ONE S? = where the F is it!? = /
    F) front facing cam - 2mp - ONES S? = ok who designed this ****!?

ETC...

I went to a local Staples store and they have both of these devices on display (dummy) and I've compared both - Amaze just feels better on my hand (just personal preference) and yeah sure One S maybe way thinner and much lighter - I prefer a bit of weight so i'll know my phone is there. Could really careless about One S packing one of the topnotch processors (S4) outhere but there's not much of an improvement from S3. And with the ICS rolled out for Amaze - that's what made me even more excited about getting it. I'm not saying ONE series (specifically S) is not a legitimate new lineup for HTC but c'mon... they could've done it BETTER and i just don't see any HTC or other brands outhere that will be able to match what Amaze packs in terms of specs and hardware combined.
    Does lack of Advancing Development steer you away? I mean I have grown to love Sense but Sense 4.0 for the Amaze is still in beta. And there are only WIP AOSP, AOKP & CM9 builds. But once ICS Source is released then it should start to pick up again.
    And Welcome, future Amaze owner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    It's Better To Fail At Originality
    Than To Succeed In Imitation.
    -Mighty Healthy
    Using energy rom u get around 3000 when is used sense 4 beta had around 550mb ram free and got around 3500 on quadrant . And it gets 6700 (more than galaxy note) on antutu on sense 3.6 really badass performance

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
    what prepaid service are you using? And what kind of down speeds are you getting? If you don't mind me asking.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

I'm using the T-Mobile 4GMonthly $30 plan. It comes with 100 minutes talk, unlimited text and unlimited data. The first 5gb of data is 4G/HSPA+ and then after that its throttled. I'm getting very good speeds, sometimes as high as 12-13mbps.