[MOD] TeamViewer Quick Support 7.0.719 for Cyanogenmod / AOKP / AOSP ROMs

Search This thread

alen1901

Jan 29, 2011
i997 running cm10. dunno what i need to be doing.

pkRU0.png

Move app from sdcard to phone memory. Settings->applications

Sent from SpeedMachine i9023

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
Move app from sdcard to phone memory. Settings->applications

Sent from SpeedMachine i9023

Well, no.
My ZIPs install the app as a system app (under /system/app) so it can't be moved.

Please check if libraries are installed correctly (under /system/lib - libjniscreenshot23.so and libteamviewer-aes.so) and permissions are ok.

Or upload a log.

GragonV

Oct 7, 2012
I'm sorry, but does this mean this app cannot work with other room on other devices (mine is HTC chacha with custom room)
And why doesn't teamview support other phones besides samsung????? I'm confused

karasuhebi

Apr 29, 2010
Orlando
I'll be so happy if some day Google decides to share it's keys with Samsung so they can make it work with the stock AOSP ROMs that ship on my dad's Nexus S 4G :(

fafinaf

Jan 28, 2012
Los Angeles
So by flashing this well be able to control and see our phones from computer right? That's what I am unable to do currently with the normal app installed. Only able to remote view computer and file transfer. Would love to have the aforementioned ability.

underlines

Aug 26, 2011
Bangkok
Is it possible to get the necessary libsurfaceflinger_client.so file which isn't currently present on "Samsung Galaxy Note II JB 4.1.1"? It's not present on the stock rom!

I've downloaded any libsurfaceflinger_client.so I could find through google, and copied it into /system/lib/ with the proper permissions rw-r--r-- but I get at least a "NoClassDefFoundError".

theos0o

Dec 26, 2010
Sitia
Is it possible to get the necessary libsurfaceflinger_client.so file which isn't currently present on "Samsung Galaxy Note II JB 4.1.1"? It's not present on the stock rom!

I've downloaded any libsurfaceflinger_client.so I could find through google, and copied it into /system/lib/ with the proper permissions rw-r--r-- but I get at least a "NoClassDefFoundError".

Did you try the secondary ZIP (the one for FCs) -> http://d-h.st/h8c ?
It has that lib included..

underlines

Aug 26, 2011
Bangkok
Did you try the secondary ZIP (the one for FCs) -> http://d-h.st/h8c ?
It has that lib included..

Oh thanks for mentioning it. Didn't see that one. It's working with the lib pushed to system with the apropriate permissions.

Just saw a little mistake in the updater script btw:
It doesn't set permissions on the included libsurfaceflinger_client.so
Which should go like this AFAIK:

Code:
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "mount", "/system");
ui_print("Mounted /system");
ui_print("Copying files, please wait");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/app/TeamviewerQS.apk");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/lib/libjniscreenshot23.so");
set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/lib/libteamviewer-aes.so");
[B]set_perm(0, 0, 0644, "/system/lib/libsurfaceflinger_client.so");[/B]
run_program("/sbin/busybox", "unmount", "/system");
ui_print("Done!");

Last edited:
Reactions: theos0o

ecesvhs

Oct 25, 2012
how to flash it

how do u flash it??
I'm a biggener woukd u please tell me step by step how to patch it and flash i have samsung galaxy s2 epic 4g touch cm10

karasuhebi

Apr 29, 2010
Orlando
If you were able to successfully flash CM10 and the Google Apps .zip file to your phone, doing this should be a breeze. All you have to do is download the correct .zip file from the OP and flash it through your recovery. :)

ecesvhs

Oct 25, 2012
which one

If you were able to successfully flash CM10 and the Google Apps .zip file to your phone, doing this should be a breeze. All you have to do is download the correct .zip file from the OP and flash it through your recovery. :)

Would u please tell me which zip is the corect for my sgs2 epic 4g touch beta...and is there any chance i could brick the phone with this file??

karasuhebi

Apr 29, 2010
Orlando
Would u please tell me which zip is the corect for my sgs2 epic 4g touch beta...and is there any chance i could brick the phone with this file??
The E4GT is ARMv7, so try the first ARMv7 zip. If it starts FC'ing on you, try the second one. Good luck!

Like all other instances where you flash a .zip through recovery, there's always a chance you'll mess something up but it's very slim-to-none in this case so flash away. :)

madkai

Jul 21, 2007
Oldenburg
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hey, at first: thank for making this possible for AOSP :good:

I tried it on my HTC Sensation with CM10 / 4.1.2 with first link. App starts on phone and I can connect but on PC I only get a black screen. Keyboard works. I read that some more people have this problem, is it possible that the new teamviewer version which is updated for jellybean fixes this issue?
No time for a logcat atm, do you need one?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey :good:

I patched Teamviewer Quick Support APK (originally for Samsung ROMs) and signed it with Cyanogenmod platform keys.
    Runs flawlessly on my SGS i9000 running CM9!

tvi9000cm.png

Download (CWM flashable ZIP)
    * Remember, you need at least 4+ MB of free space on /system to flash those ZIPs!

v7.0.719 ARMv7: http://d-h.st/BAF
    Getting FC (force close) when app starts? Try this ARMv7 ZIP!

v7.0.719 ARMv6: http://d-h.st/NpF

Older builds: here

Enjoy!
    Here is what I did to get it working on CM12.1:
    1. Install latest Quick Support app from Play Store.
    2. Open the app and let it try to install the addon (It will probably fail).
    3. Find the downloaded addon (usually /sdcard/Download) and then copy it to /system/app. Do not modify the apk else Quick Support may not give you the option to remote control.
    4. Reboot phone and run Quick Support. It shouldn't ask to install the addon anymore and also make sure it gets granted root access when you try connecting to it.
    5. If Quick Support is working correctly then you may want to install Teamviewer Host as well for unattended remote control.

If it still doesn't work you should try looking in the Quick Support event logs and also upload them here.
    OP has been updated with v7.0.640 builds.

Thank you theos0o!... I have it working on an SGS with CM10 and Devil's3 kernel... Any chance to let us know the steps you took to patch it?

Thanks!

Sure.

1) Modify AndroidManifest.xml
    Add android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system" under manifest tag.

Example:
    Code:
    <manifest android:versionCode="640" android:versionName="7.0.640" android:installLocation="auto" package="com.teamviewer.quicksupport.market.samsung"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    ..becomes..
    Code:
    <manifest android:versionCode="640" android:versionName="7.0.640" android:installLocation="auto" package="com.teamviewer.quicksupport.market.samsung"
      xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" [COLOR="Red"]android:sharedUserId="android.uid.system"[/COLOR]>

2) Sign your new APK with your ROM's keys, using signapk.jar.
    You can find your ROM keys if it's open source etc.
    Actually all AOSP roms seem to be using the same old key, not changing it, so those files here should work.

Example: java -jar signapk.jar <key.x509.pem> <key.pk8> <input.apk> <signed_output.apk>
    java -jar signapk.jar platform.x509.pem platform.pk8 test.apk test_signed.apk

3) Open your APK using WinRAR or some other archiver, extract the libraries for your phone (ARMv6 -> lib/armeabi, ARMv7 -> libarmeabi-v7a) and push them into /system/lib. Take care of permissions if needed.

4) Push your output signed APK (from step 2) into /system/app.
    OP has been updated with the latest TV QS build!
    Tried the ARMv7 one on my Galaxy Nexus with AOKP jb build 1 but it FCs. What can I do to help? :fingers-crossed:

UPDATE: Pushed libsurfaceflinger_client.so to /system/lib/ and it's working now! Thanks OP

How do you get that logcat ? :p

ps: i added the missing .so for CM9/CM10 to the zip for the ARMv7 from the first post