CWM Flash help

Search This thread

Orakal

May 4, 2014
Hi , i need a little advice on this n-7000 issue please, heres the background.

Bought phone from ebay£100 working fine with a german DBT rom installed( was a german phone as it was main language on reset)
Used fine for 3 weeks except buying better battery.
Flashed philz cwm6 5.08.5 giving me root and 6.0.3.3, alls well.
Tried to upgrade via odin to a 4.4 cwm but fails so i di it through a zip and starts bootloop, wipe reboot no good still the same.
Reload stock via odin, passes but still loops, efs error.
I had somehow wiped the efs folder and not knowing what an efs folder was didnt have a backup so after 9 hours of reading, flashing back to gb and then rooting to make sure the efs was empty via ktool and explorers it was off to samsung after a stock jb via odin to go back to bootloop.
Thankfully phones just in warranty so new pda and usb and they flash it with LT9XEU.

So i have it back root with Philz-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5-signed(does the orange make it an issue on an open device?)and it works fine and runs fine and i back up the efs folder to a million places with 3 different programs.

Problem i have is, i want a 4.4 rom like most people but i cannot get a cwm with selinux support to run on this phone...heres what i have tried,

Installing philz_touch_6.26.6-n7000 on top of the 1st cwm which gives me black screen after 1st logo not getting to samsung one, but if i boot straight into recovery it does tell me im on 6.0.4.8.
Tried to install philz_touch_6.26.6-n7000 from scratch but get error status 7 in /tmp/(cant remeber)/package.zip.
Tried to install raw_kernel_r4_j43 before asylum rom install but this failed on signature.

That was last night and i thought id ask before trying anything else.I have reflashed stock back on this 6-7 times in 24 hours trying to sort this but im going round in circles.
I can flash the rom in odin no problem but never a recovery file it fails everytime.
Is it as simple as you have to install the 4.4 rom after new cwm as the old jb cant handle it hence the black screen or is there something else i need to do, any help is most welcome as after avoiding a £200 repair bill for a £100 phone i continue with some trepidation, many thanks all.

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
What's the current situation? Are you able to get into recovery? If yes, what's the recovery?

Orakal

May 4, 2014
The phone is running as normal, stock rom and recovery...left it like that after fresh install last night.

Running N7000XXLT9_N7000OXXLT3_XEU with its stock recovery

Last edited:

Orakal

May 4, 2014
Thank you, doing it in that order worked for me,so many threads its hard to find clarity...i thank you for your time.

JohhnieFortune

Nov 10, 2014
Flashing Philz fails

working in my phone without any ERROR.

I am having a similar problem to Kael and could do with some help guys

This is my phone:

Model: GT-N7000
Android Version: 4.1.2 (stock rom)
Band Version: N7000XXLT3
Kernel Version: 3.0.31-1103517, dpi@DELL162#3, SMP PREEMPT Tue Jun 4 20:55:52 KST 2013
Build Version: JZO54K.N7000XXLT9

Odin fails flashing philz_touch_6.12.8-n7000.tar with the following error

<ID:0/011> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> philz_touch_6.07.9-n7000.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/011> Odin v.3 engine (ID:11)..
<ID:0/011> File analysis..
<ID:0/011> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/011> Initialzation..
<ID:0/011> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/011> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/011> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/011> recovery.img
<ID:0/011> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/011> FAIL!
<ID:0/011>
<ID:0/011> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

I am hoping to flash Kit Kat 4.4.4 via Omni ROM . To do this I believe I need to load a ClockworkMod-Recovery - WITH SELINUX SUPPORT which is why I am trying to flash philz_touch_6.12.8-n7000.tar.md5. It fails everytime. If I flash an older version of Philz I understand it won't be compatible with Kit Kat 4.4.4. Is that correct?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

User_99

Jul 3, 2009
Flash Raw4 kernel, reboot recovery again, do all wipes and format and flash 4.5.x Rom and GApps...

JohhnieFortune

Nov 10, 2014
Flash Raw4 kernel, reboot recovery again, do all wipes and format and flash 4.5.x Rom and GApps...

Thanks very much for your help.
I am fairly new to all this and a bit nervous about screwing up and bricking my phone. However, the fact that your reply is succinct, gives me confidence that you advised on this problem before and your method works. I don't understand everything you have listed but I am sure I can find the answers to all I need in this forum.

A couple of things
1) A Raw5 or 6 kernel is available, should i go for one of these. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397000.
2) At what point do I backup so I can recover if things go wrong and how would I do this backup. My phone is not rooted yet.

I appreciate your time. Thank you.

The instructions I was originally trying to follow were these.... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2780703

2. Installation procedures
If you are on the stock Jelly Bean/ICS Samsung firmware:
-Download Philz kernel and copy it to your SD card
-Download a KitKat ROM and copy it to either your internal or external memory
-Download PA-Google Apps and copy it to either your internal or external memory
-Download Raw Kernel r5 and copy it to either your internal or external memory
-Reboot to recovery by holding down volume up, power and home button at once until you are in recovery mode
-Flash Philz kernel
-Go to "Mounts and Storage" and format /system, /data, /preload
-Reboot to recovery again by going to "advanced", "reboot to recovery" or by holding down volume up, power and home button at once until you are back in recovery mode
-Flash Raw Kernel
-Reboot to recovery again
-Flash your ROM
-Flash PA-Google Apps
-Reboot

User_99

Jul 3, 2009
You have a XXLT9 Rom so search in PhilZ Thread for such a Kernel. You can also use a similar one like lt6, lt4, lta. With this Kernel you can root your phone and get a custom recovery in one step. Now you can make a nandroid of your current rom.

Now time for kk. Flash Raw4/5 Kernel and follow the instructions you wrote.

If you want to go back flash Philz Kermel and after thst recover your nandroid backup of your stock rom.

JohhnieFortune

Nov 10, 2014
You have a XXLT9 Rom so search in PhilZ Thread for such a Kernel. You can also use a similar one like lt6, lt4, lta. With this Kernel you can root your phone and get a custom recovery in one step. Now you can make a nandroid of your current rom.

Now time for kk. Flash Raw4/5 Kernel and follow the instructions you wrote.

If you want to go back flash Philz Kermel and after that recover your nandroid backup of your stock rom.

Thanks for your last reply. This all makes sense to me now.

I have found a PhilZ-cwm6-XXLT9-ORA-5.08.5-signed.zip file so I reckon I'm ready to go with these instructions.

Take care and cheers.... John

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So if you want to install kitkat, flash Philz kernel first to get Cwm.. Then flash raw kernel.. Reboot into recovery and wipe and install kitkat rom.