Facebook for HTC Sense doesn't work anymore?

Search This thread

Frammy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi, after i got my new HTC One X (The old one had Display problem)

I can't find Facebook for HTC in Accounts & Synchronisation?!
Only the normal Facebook.

Setting the preferences back and Delete all accounts doesn't work.

How to get it back? :(

hell_freezer

Jul 25, 2010
Balifornia
no worries about that.
since ICS, htc integrate (linked) their facebook for htc with original facebook app (katana).
just sign in and it will showing up on friendstream widget or app.

shmigao

Sep 3, 2009
no worries about that.
since ICS, htc integrate (linked) their facebook for htc with original facebook app (katana).
just sign in and it will showing up on friendstream widget or app.

yes, but then when uploading a photo through gallery "share" with Facebook for HTC Sense the upload fails at 100% (every time).

on a probably unrelated note, installation of LinkedIn for HTC Sense from HTC Hub fails too

williamyi

Feb 24, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Pictures of some of my FB contacts don't show on People. Anything wrong I'm doing?

Most probably the contact is not completely sync the picture yet. It happens to mine too, after awhile the picture will appeared, no worry

Actually every since Sense 3.5, the Facebook For HTCSense is no where to be seen in the Account. Everything is done via official FB, but you still hv the function of uploading a picture via FB for HTCSense, and it works for me everything. Benefit of this is it allows you to tag ppl in picture but the official FB lack of this function

Kudos to HTC Sense

flairmedk

May 15, 2010
Login and Passwords

In response to enyaj, may not help the OP.

Wow I have been having the same problem for some time now (FB for HTC Sense not linking up profile pics with contacts), and my wifes phone would always error on photo uploads) figured out that I changed the FB password awhile back to prevent a possible hacking video issue. If you change your password on FB and use FB for HTC Sense, you must go into: Menu> Settings> Acctounts & Sync. Then delete your FB for HTC Sense account. Then just add account (bottom of screen) FB for HTC Sense and login with the correct email and password. Bam all my contacts pictures sync'd with their FB profile pics, status updates and such are working also. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

anistoona

Apr 11, 2010
I got the same issue .. and after googleing .. I found out that I have to unistall Facebook update ..delete my FB account from Account$Syncing in the settings .. and make a restart,, then add My FB again in Account&Syncing ..