[Q] No USB-OTG-Connection (CM11)

Search This thread

Prosumer-GER

Jul 16, 2014
I have some problems with USB-OTG-Connections (CM11 Nightly).
When I connect a USB-Stick it works as it should. But if I connect my Nikon DSLR (e.g. to do a tethered shooting with DSLRDashboard) the Camera is not detected by Android.
On my Galaxy S4 (rooted Samsung Kitkat) it works perfectly.

Any suggestions how to get it work on my Galaxy Tab2 as well?

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
When I connect a USB-Stick it works as it should. But if I connect my Nikon DSLR (e.g. to do a tethered shooting with DSLRDashboard) the Camera is not detected by Android.

Tab 2 supports only Pendrive,mouse,keyboard via OTG out of the box. If you wanna connect your camera with it,you need a powered USB HUB. S4 is a high end device; that's why it supports it by default.

Reactions: Prosumer-GER

Prosumer-GER

Jul 16, 2014
you need a powered USB HUB.
That would take me a a lot of flexibility/mobility.
I want to mount my Tablet on my camera tripod.

My idea was, to use the y-cable that came with an external hdd and connect the power port to my 10.000 mAh Battery Pack to get the needed extra-power. I've tried that with the external hdd and it worked: The Galaxy Tab detected the hdd as SD-card and mounted it as usbdisk0.

But when i try the same with my Nikon instead of the hdd, neither Adroid nor the "OTG Troubleshooter" detect anything.

Last edited:

rakeshbro

Aug 28, 2012
That would take me a a lot of flexibility/mobility.
I want to mount my Tablet on my camera tripod.

My idea was, to use the y-cable that came with an external hdd and connect the power port to my 10.000 mAh Battery Pack to get the needed extra-power. I've tried that with the external hdd and it worked: The Galaxy Tab detected the hdd as SD-card and mounted it as usbdisk0.

But when i try the same with my Nikon instead of the hdd, neither Adroid nor the "OTG Troubleshooter" detect anything.

Try this app from Gplay DSLR

Edit :

Is it working on Touchwiz?

Prosumer-GER

Jul 16, 2014
Try this app from Gplay

Edit :

Is it working on Touchwiz?

As mentioned before, I'm on CM11. Not Samsungs Touchwiz. Should I really flash the crappy Samsung-Software? Not sure how to switch back to the STOCK-ROM easily because I'm on CM for ages.
And how can this software help me with my problem? If Android is not detecting my Nikon Camera, I'm pretty sure DSLR Controller (for Canon) can't handle my Nikon too.
My connectivity-issue is some OSI-Layers below, isn't it? ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Tab 2 supports only Pendrive,mouse,keyboard via OTG out of the box. If you wanna connect your camera with it,you need a powered USB HUB. S4 is a high end device; that's why it supports it by default.