[How to] Move apps to sd without any script & partition.

Search This thread

Venomous Viper 119

Oct 21, 2012
Bidadi
www.themythace.com
Advanced users might already know this, but this is for newbies. This method will help you to move almost all the apps you install to SD card and you needn't have any partition on sd or any a2sd script. You cannot move system pre-installed apps and also few manually installed apps to sd card like tasker, etc., but this method should give you a few more space than you'd normally get on internal storage. Let's get started !

Pre-requisites : Root, Terminal emulator, A pair of sharp eyes, hands to type and a useful brain :D

Steps :
1) Go to play store and download the terminal emulator app, it's free.
2) ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE.
3) Open terminal emulator app. Type,

su

Now hit enter on your keyboard. Grant super user permissions to terminal emulator. Then type,

pm set-install-location 2

Hit enter. Then type,

pm get-install-location

4) Exit terminal emulator. You can even uninstall terminal emulator if you want !
5) Go to manage apps and move the apps you want to sd card ;)

Note : I highly recommend typing in the terminal emulator exactly as I've showed above with hyphens at appropriate places. Else it will not work you.

Enjoy !! :) :cool: ;)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

Last edited:

Venomous Viper 119

Oct 21, 2012
Bidadi
www.themythace.com
Re: [How to] Move apps to sd without any script.

They say swipe partition kills your sd. The advantage of using this method is that you get just enough space for your apps and no partition is needed !

Reactions: bangiz

m_harsh

Feb 9, 2013
Mumbai
This is awesomeeee man.......i Could move all apps even Whatssap n facebook n maps
Hats off:cowboy:

Edit: Sorry didnt work for me...I could move the apps but then they werent responding properly...so i rebooted and its coming systemUI has stopped unfortunately...
REflashing rom now

Last edited:

Venomous Viper 119

Oct 21, 2012
Bidadi
www.themythace.com
This is awesomeeee man.......i Could move all apps even Whatssap n facebook n maps
Hats off:cowboy:

Edit: Sorry didnt work for me...I could move the apps but then they werent responding properly...so i rebooted and its coming systemUI has stopped unfortunately...
REflashing rom now

This can't be the fault of the method. Probably you have done something else wrong that has triggered all of this. Remember, try to keep vital apps meant to be on phone, on phone. That should do fine. I use this method along with the int2ext+ on my Rom here and I haven't had a problem ! How come you did ? And besides, what does a set install location had to do with system ui.apk ? Try again with safety measures...

Sent from my GT-Xperia S using xda premium

Nebudroid

Mar 22, 2013
MILANO
This can't be the fault of the method. Probably you have done something else wrong that has triggered all of this. Remember, try to keep vital apps meant to be on phone, on phone. That should do fine. I use this method along with the int2ext+ on my Rom here and I haven't had a problem ! How come you did ? And besides, what does a set install location had to do with system ui.apk ? Try again with safety measures...

Great ,thanks!!

meagain121

Oct 23, 2006
So it doesn't seem to want to work for me either (phone says no space to install apps even though there is over 1 gb free). How do l reverse the step taken in OP?

Nevermind I figured it out:
pm set-install-location 1

Last edited:

Venomous Viper 119

Oct 21, 2012
Bidadi
www.themythace.com
So it doesn't seem to want to work for me either (phone says no space to install apps even though there is over 1 gb free). How do l reverse the step taken in OP?

Nevermind I figured it out:
pm set-install-location 1

I had quoted either of the commands that should work fine, one in op and the other, a few posts below. Anyways, glad you got it working :)

bhumit22

Dec 3, 2012
Will try...hope this solve low memory problem...

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda app-developers app

Lokda

Jul 11, 2012
If you try, I want to know if all the widgets works because it was my problem when i switch my apps to sdcard without a script or an app... And some app lose their data.

Posté depuis Tapatalk.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Advanced users might already know this, but this is for newbies. This method will help you to move almost all the apps you install to SD card and you needn't have any partition on sd or any a2sd script. You cannot move system pre-installed apps and also few manually installed apps to sd card like tasker, etc., but this method should give you a few more space than you'd normally get on internal storage. Let's get started !

Pre-requisites : Root, Terminal emulator, A pair of sharp eyes, hands to type and a useful brain :D

Steps :
    1) Go to play store and download the terminal emulator app, it's free.
    2) ENABLE USB DEBUGGING MODE.
    3) Open terminal emulator app. Type,

su

Now hit enter on your keyboard. Grant super user permissions to terminal emulator. Then type,

pm set-install-location 2

Hit enter. Then type,

pm get-install-location

4) Exit terminal emulator. You can even uninstall terminal emulator if you want !
    5) Go to manage apps and move the apps you want to sd card ;)

Note : I highly recommend typing in the terminal emulator exactly as I've showed above with hyphens at appropriate places. Else it will not work you.

Enjoy !! :) :cool: ;)

Re: [How to] Move apps to sd without any script.

They say swipe partition kills your sd. The advantage of using this method is that you get just enough space for your apps and no partition is needed !

i'm so happy i found out this post <3

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Remember, don't say, hit thanks ;)