Soft or hard bricked?

Search This thread
I was playing real racing 3, suddenly my phone screen went black.
I couldn't enter recovery or boot.

I tried this: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-fix-unflashable-soft-bricked-gsii-t1457458

I flashed a firmware (4.1.2) from odin (samfirmware), it booted up, but then again black screen.

I flashed again an other firmware (4.1.2), same.
I can get into recovery now, but I can not flash any rom (it crashes again).

I didn't OC/UV, so it shouldn't harmed my hardware.

What to do?

3 part firmware from Hopper8's 'Odin troubleshooting' thread stickied in General, flash it (will wipe your phone).

Tried flashing hopper8's Odin troubleshooting cleanup files.
Flashed gingerbread.
I can get into recovery and download mode.
When trying to flash through recovery, it crashes. Just like booting.

Seeing this error after flashing gingerbread through odin: Can't access to '/system/csc/XEN/system/'.
this means nothing I guess. samsungs stuff not organized..

Last edited:

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
You have no way of knowing exactly what is wrong hardware-wise (and neither do we); to do that you need to have experiencing with diagnosing electronics like that, and you clearly don't have that experience because you already would have diagnosed it if you could. But it's fairly obvious the NAND is stuffed unless you're missing or not doing something really obvious when flashing that neither you nor us have picked up (and if you've done everything in Hopper's thread, the chances of that are pretty much zero).

Take it to a local mobile repair shop, but beware...Some in some countries lately seem to be flogging people this 'I can replace the 'power IC' fix', and I don't think I've seen a single case where people say they've been offered this as a fix and it's actually worked (they haven't posted here afterwards saying so at least). If you want it fixed first time guaranteed (assuming there's nothing else wrong with hardware) without having to pay extra labour/parts for a fix that won't work, you replace the motherboard.

Reactions: theunderling

BenzoX

Nov 11, 2013
Grenoble
I'm not familiat with GS2 but if Nand is dead but you can access recovery it may be possible to install ROM on SD as in several other phones...

black0000

Mar 6, 2013
mumbai
I was playing real racing 3, suddenly my phone screen went black.
I couldn't enter recovery or boot.

I tried this: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2/help/guide-fix-unflashable-soft-bricked-gsii-t1457458

I flashed a firmware (4.1.2) from odin (samfirmware), it booted up, but then again black screen.

I flashed again an other firmware (4.1.2), same.
I can get into recovery now, but I can not flash any rom (it crashes again).

I didn't OC/UV, so it shouldn't harmed my hardware.

What to do?

if you dont have tries this then take a look
im assuming you are windows user
1.download and install mini partition tool
2.take a memory card and format it as ext4 using mini Pt
3.now flash cwm on your sg s2
4.insert memory card and flash any rom via cwm recovery like cm11
5.if still doesnt boot try to flash official fw from samsung but sd card should be inserted
sorry for bad english

if you dont have tries this then take a look
im assuming you are windows user
1.download and install mini partition tool
2.take a memory card and format it as ext4 using mini Pt
3.now flash cwm on your sg s2
4.insert memory card and flash any rom via cwm recovery like cm11
5.if still doesnt boot try to flash official fw from samsung but sd card should be inserted
sorry for bad english

Hmm, not sure if this will help, but I think nand is dead.
I'll try it, otherwise I'll have to buy a new phone.

Also, how to get on EXT4 on windows? (copying files to sd formatted in EXT4) I tried once because it is better, but my system (win 8) only recognizes the card, but can't read it.

black0000

Mar 6, 2013
mumbai
Hmm, not sure if this will help, but I think nand is dead.
I'll try it, otherwise I'll have to buy a new phone.

Also, how to get on EXT4 on windows? (copying files to sd formatted in EXT4) I tried once because it is better, but my system (win 8) only recognizes the card, but can't read it.

connect your memory card to pc and open mini partition tool and then select your memory card and right click on it and select format now choose ext4 format from dialogue box appeared
done
now insert formated (blank) memory card to your phone go through usual process of flashing
dont let your hope down best of luck

connect your memory card to pc and open mini partition tool and then select your memory card and right click on it and select format now choose ext4 format from dialogue box appeared
done
now insert formated (blank) memory card to your phone go through usual process of flashing
dont let your hope down best of luck

My battery is 100% charged. I flashed cwm, but it can't enter.
Now when I enter download mode, it says "LOW BATTERY!! CAN'T DOWNLOAD!!"

But when I connect to pc and go to download mode (like it is charging), odin flash fail.

black0000

Mar 6, 2013
mumbai

But when I connect to pc and go to download mode (like it is charging), odin flash fail.

did you inserted ext4 formatted sd card?
if yes then just POWER on device normally and tell me what happen
e.g boot normally or boot loop or stuck at boot logo

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

did you inserted ext4(primary partition) formatted sd card?
if yes then just POWER on device normally and tell me what happen
e.g boot normally or boot loop or stuck at boot logo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What help do you want that hasn't already been suggested to you ? There's no easy fix. Either you keep trying the stuff that's been suggested & hope it's a case of perseverance fixing it, you replace the motherboard, or you get a new phone.
    You have no way of knowing exactly what is wrong hardware-wise (and neither do we); to do that you need to have experiencing with diagnosing electronics like that, and you clearly don't have that experience because you already would have diagnosed it if you could. But it's fairly obvious the NAND is stuffed unless you're missing or not doing something really obvious when flashing that neither you nor us have picked up (and if you've done everything in Hopper's thread, the chances of that are pretty much zero).

Take it to a local mobile repair shop, but beware...Some in some countries lately seem to be flogging people this 'I can replace the 'power IC' fix', and I don't think I've seen a single case where people say they've been offered this as a fix and it's actually worked (they haven't posted here afterwards saying so at least). If you want it fixed first time guaranteed (assuming there's nothing else wrong with hardware) without having to pay extra labour/parts for a fix that won't work, you replace the motherboard.

I'll try it. Hope I can recover my s2.

I don't have boot.bin and sbl.bin
    Where to get it? (right rom and stuff)