root galaxy s4 verizon on kitkat 4.4.2 on based vrufnc5

Search This thread

hisham2630

Mar 18, 2014
Baghdad
Hi Guys:
Today i will show you how to root samsung s4 verizon (sch-i545)
on android kitkat 4.4.2.
this root method will be done by your pc and phone.
This is 100% safe and didtn't void knox waranty.

1. you need:
usb samsung drivers: shearch on google for it.

2. download and install vroot app on pc from attachment.

3.enable usb debug: go to settings >more>devloper options>enable usb debug.
if you dont see devloper options go to settings>more>about phone>press on build number 7 times!.
by this you have enable devloper options.

4.run vroot on your pc then conect your phone by usb you will see a notification that show to allow usb debug on this computer tick allow then ok.

5.you will see that vroot know your device...click on root.

6. vroot will install an apk on your phone this will help to root.

7.vroot will start rooting and a few seconds will restart your phone 2 times less or more..(donot donot unplug your usb while this task..or your phone maybe soft brick).

8. after phone restart...you will see on vroot (x) this meaning root failed...don't care.

9. on your phone use es file manager(download it from play store)..open your es file manager go to /(systemdirectory)
go to system >xbin>and search for (su) file...if he there thats good.

10.now download this apk called towelroot.apk from attachment.

11.open it then click on (make it ra1n)..and wait.

12.close it..then go to playstore and download super su.then open it.click continue then normal.

13.thats it.your phone should be rooted. download root checker basic from playstore and run it
if you asked by super su press grant.

any thing i will be ready guys..enjoy.
sorry for this long detialed method...but some guys new for this.

post replys please and ask for anything.:laugh:

Attachments

• VRoot_1.7.8.7753_Setup.zip
    9.5 MB · Views: 10,609
  • towelroot-v2.apk
    103.1 KB · Views: 26,565

hisham2630

Mar 18, 2014
Baghdad
root

Vroot is pretty shady and not required for towel root nor is a pc required for towelroot

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

i know that towel root not need a pc,,but android kitkat on verizon protected by knox and samsung make root scripts won't work,,,so
i have tried towel root only before pc but with no succus,,,so i have use vroot to push su file.
ihave use vroot it's great,,ihave rooted many chinsse phones,,i like thier super user fast and reiable not like super su.
thank you.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
i know that towel root not need a pc,,but android kitkat on verizon protected by knox and samsung make root scripts won't work,,,so
i have tried towel root only before pc but with no succus,,,so i have use vroot to push su file.
ihave use vroot it's great,,ihave rooted many chinsse phones,,i like thier super user fast and reiable not like super su.
thank you.
Everybody has been fine using towel root and if you're good with Chinese super user good for you but that's the first time since android came out I've ever heard someone prefer Chinese su

Reactions: hisham2630

JavaManRules

Dec 28, 2011
NC5 tar (OTA) is needed....

Hi Guys:
on android kitkat 4.4.2.

1. you need:

if you dont see devloper options go to settings>more>about phone>press on build number 7 times!.

4.run vroot on your pc then conect your phone by usb you will see a notification that show to allow usb debug on this computer tick allow then ok.

7.vroot will start rooting and a few seconds will restart your phone 2 times less or more..(donot donot unplug your usb while this task..or your phone maybe soft brick).

8. after phone restart...you will see on vroot (x) this meaning root failed...don't care.

9. on your phone use es file manager(download it from play store)..open your es file manager go to /(systemdirectory)

12.close it..then go to playstore and download super su.then open it.click continue then normal.

13.thats it.your phone should be rooted. download root checker basic from playstore and run it

I am currently on ME7 with root, and I would like to up-grade to NC5 (OTA), but i can not find the NC5 tar file to ODIen it to my VERIZON SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4.

Thanks in advance ...

Reactions: hisham2630

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia

hisham2630

Mar 18, 2014
Baghdad
rom

I am currently on ME7 with root, and I would like to up-grade to NC5 (OTA), but i can not find the NC5 tar file to ODIen it to my VERIZON SAMSUNG GALAXY S 4.

Thanks in advance ...

download from here official rom:
link1: sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=28866
lnik2: rapidgator.net/file/09e566679086a503b34d6358884f805f
for rapigator download fast register on : vietget.net/
then paste rapidgtor link on site then download.

hisham2630

Mar 18, 2014
Baghdad
flashing

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

There's the tar files you flash in odin, full wipe and no wipe. Surge hasn't updated the OP of that thread in awhile so some of what it says is incorrect but the files are still good of course.

i don't prefer to flash files because this may make soft brick or play with bootloader.
the hateful thing in android is the bootloader especially on samsung devices.much sensitive.

Reactions: joshm.1219

hisham2630

Mar 18, 2014
Baghdad
tar files

It's a tar file for Odin, samsung's own firmware software. Those are the files and Odin is the tool that saves you from a soft brick.

i know a lot about tar files and i have flashed my phone many times via odin...i didn't use ota...always odin.
but i mean about some custom tar files or unsuitable files may cause soft brick.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

I'm not following you at all.

You want to root. You started with a program (vroot) which is not known to work on Kit Kat. But you think that it's OK, because it's Chinese. Then you refuse to use Samsung signed factory images to recover your phone. Why? Because they're from Japan?

On a clean NC5 build, Towelroot seems to root just fine. Why not use that?

hisham2630

Mar 18, 2014
Baghdad
I'm not following you at all.

You want to root. You started with a program (vroot) which is not known to work on Kit Kat. But you think that it's OK, because it's Chinese. Then you refuse to use Samsung signed factory images to recover your phone. Why? Because they're from Japan?

On a clean NC5 build, Towelroot seems to root just fine. Why not use that?

why are you angry like that.
i didn't refuse to use samsung factory images...i have used them many times to recover from soft brick...i have bricked my phone about 5 times..
this happen because play sytem files or build.prop file.
not matter for me if i used factory images from china or japan....iam not japaness or chiness.
my image was clean but only towel root dosen't work for me so i use the two programs...ok
vroot has been updated to work with kitkat if you have the latest version of it...but on some device may not work properly but it can push su file into /system/xbin....thank you.

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
why are you angry like that.
i didn't refuse to use samsung factory images...i have used them many times to recover from soft brick...i have bricked my phone about 5 times..
this happen because play sytem files or build.prop file.
not matter for me if i used factory images from china or japan....iam not japaness or chiness.
my image was clean but only towel root dosen't work for me so i use the two programs...ok
vroot has been updated to work with kitkat if you have the latest version of it...but on some device may not work properly but it can push su file into /system/xbin....thank you.

Angry? No, just confused as I said. You seemed to be worried about running Odin, an official Samsung application to flash factory stock ROMs but don't seem to have any problems running programs like vroot. Maybe the vroot owners have reformed, so maybe it's time to look. However, it seems very likely that they've just tweaked Towelroot, as vroot couldn't root Kit Kat before Towelroot came out. If so, then they should be telling geohot how to make it work on more models rather than diverting contributions from geohot. But then again, they've never been a part of the community. Their choice, of course.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys:
    on android kitkat 4.4.2.

1. you need:

First off, You guys need to understand something, VROOT HAS NEVER BEEN PROVEN TO BE A SAFE ROOT METHOD. That being said, there are proven methods out, by trusted sources, to root. Chainfire and geohot have both released methods to root, pick the one for your device and enjoy.
    Everybody has been fine using towel root and if you're good with Chinese super user good for you but that's the first time since android came out I've ever heard someone prefer Chinese su

I agree..towelroot works just fine...why would any one want to use vroot and chinese SU?

Thanks in advance ...
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172

There's the tar files you flash in odin, full wipe and no wipe. Surge hasn't updated the OP of that thread in awhile so some of what it says is incorrect but the files are still good of course.
    Vroot is pretty shady and not required for towel root nor is a pc required for towelroot