[CF-ROOT][UNIVERSAL][I9003] CF-Root and CWM5 for I9003 Gingerbread (All versions)

Search This thread

hohor

Dec 23, 2011
Istanbul
thanks my friend you made a great job for me specially Turkiye Stock Roms are not supported/developed by developers enough.( in this forum also )
It is greatly working on my stock ROM 2.3.6 I9003JVKPB and latest upgrade 2.3.6 I9003JVKPE.
i hope when Value pack released in Turkiye your work runs still greatly in Value Pack also.

Newtt

Apr 12, 2012
Can someone tell me the complete procedure to install this on my I9003? I didn't quite understand the instructions. Thanks. :)

bscraze

Aug 14, 2011
Singapore
Basically, connect your phone in download mode, place the file under pda in odin, then click flash and watch the magic happen in about 6 seconds

Sent from my GT-I9003 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: vishal24387

vishal24387

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 11, 2011
Solapur, Maharashtra
Basically, connect your phone in download mode, place the file under pda in odin, then click flash and watch the magic happen in about 6 seconds

buddy I can also answer this but let people find themselve answers. They just want to ask everything & want readymade answers.

Sorry by mistake pressed thanx button :p

bscraze

Aug 14, 2011
Singapore
buddy I can also answer this but let people find themselve answers. They just want to ask everything & want readymade answers.

Sorry by mistake pressed thanx button :p

I know your intention, however there isnt a flashing kernel guide and therefore I understand this guy's plight. Maybe I'm just too nice or I'm not in a bad mood, but whatever. My instructions are not that clear either, he will still need to do some searching.

Reactions: getlucky88

Jordanyme

Jun 13, 2012
Error in wifi after trying to flash this one with DDFL2. Any other workaround to root my device?

Here is :
tar.gif
PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta14fix.tar

nrjwgh

Oct 31, 2011
Pune
I am on baseband DDKP4 and I am getting error while flashing via Odin v1.83 .....I checked the drivers, they are correctly installed ....cell is recognized in kies and odin .......help needed !!

prem2691

May 18, 2012
chennai
OnePlus 6
my phone is not detecting in odin... should i use win 7 or win xp is enough... i cant enter the download mode while the cable is connected ... does the version of odin matters here? if s what version should i use????

prasadKnew

Dec 15, 2010
Pune
Problem with XXLE4

Hi,

Has anyone tried this with XXLE4, when I do that I am getting constant restarts from the Samsung logo itself and also I am not able to get into the recovery.

rgxHost

May 6, 2014
Kaiserslautern
Greetings;

Ive tried this before but i felt nothing happened or that the app is not doing the job properly.
So i thought... why not use the mount2sd apk?
Im using it on my Acer e310 for quite a long time and does precisely what i need on that device.
But when using on i9003 im having some problems and system crashes. I would say its due to using DDLF2 rom... But im not sure. I do know that it requires a custom rom.
Since no Busyboxes will solve the problem (so far..) im assuming i need a custom rom. But havent found one that works perfectly without bugs. (i honestly like ICS but so far only found bugged roms).
Does someone know why or if it is possible to use it (mount2sd app) and/or how?
Just because im familiar with it and it.
"mount2sd" can manage specific details wich can increase or decrease device performance.
The results are so good on my acer that i wich i could achieve the same in this i9003.

Thanks in advance

Please hit thanks if it helped you.
Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

wcypierre

Apr 11, 2012
If any of you are unable to backup due to /datadata not being mounted, you can try the following command
busybox mount /dev/block/stl10 /dbdata

LB2805

Jan 5, 2017
Problem with wifi and reboot

Hello,
After using Odin to apply amit.bagaria tar file, my gt-i9003 don't connect to WIFI (error) and reboot after a moment. I make data factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik, but no changes...
What can I do to recover a full functional phone.
I just need to root it to remove simlock.
Regards
Laurent

I present to you, this universal CF-Root which should work on all the Gingerbread based ROMs.

Features:
- All the previous features of my earlier versions:)
- CWM Recovery version 5.0.2.8
- Stock recovery is also preserved
- Support for phones using the SD-Card swap mod [ I use that
smile.gif
];

- Updated Superuser to v3.0.6
- Root / Unroot from CWM recovery
- More options added to CWM recovery (backup to internal sd supported, for the guys who got 16GB internal memory :) );
- Busybox can be installed now over the minimal BB already provided.
- Fixed backup of ".android_secure" instead of whole of internal sd card.
- use "bootanimation.zip" instead of "sanim.zip"
- More features which I don't recollect as of now ;). Find and let me know. :)

If you have just reinstalled the new PDA over the old version (that means if your ROM version is still the same e.g. XXKPQ), then the settings are not regenerated. You need to perform the following steps, in order for the new settings to be in effect:
Code:
adb shell
# sysrw ; rm -rf /system/cfroot/ ; sysro
# reboot
Changelog: (moved to 2nd post)

It is intentional in this recovery to NOT backup the whole internal sdcard. Wipes should not be touching the sdcards (internal & external). Only the ".android_secure" [The apps you install/move to SD card], should be backup up and restore should work fine. Please report in case you observe any issues.

Attached you will find the CWM ... just flash with ODIN selecting in the PDA source the CWM file. Also you can find the version to flash from CWM Manager app.

Restart the phone (if things are not working as desired after first reboot)!!!

Also, since the Superuser version is updated, do the following steps:
- Goto [Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Superuser] and "Clear Data".
*** This is because the earlier versions permissions conflict with the newer version.

P.S.: Please contact me via PM if you find anything inappropriate here
smile.gif

Just press "Thanks" if you like my work...!!!

Reactions: kljoki
In case you get a Wi-Fi error, flash this kernel(PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta15.tar) : https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1355675
It fixed the problem for me :)

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Hello,
After using Odin to apply amit.bagaria tar file, my gt-i9003 don't connect to WIFI (error) and reboot after a moment. I make data factory reset, wipe cache and dalvik, but no changes...
What can I do to recover a full functional phone.
I just need to root it to remove simlock.
Regards
Laurent

Flash this kernel: https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1355675 (PDA_BCK_CF-root_universal_beta15.tar). This fixed it for me :)

Reactions: acuicultor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I present to you, this universal CF-Root which should work on all the Gingerbread based ROMs.

Features:
    - All the previous features of my earlier versions:)
    - CWM Recovery version 5.0.2.8
    - Stock recovery is also preserved
    - Support for phones using the SD-Card swap mod [ I use that
    smile.gif
    ];

- Updated Superuser to v3.0.6
    - Root / Unroot from CWM recovery
    - More options added to CWM recovery (backup to internal sd supported, for the guys who got 16GB internal memory :) );
    - Busybox can be installed now over the minimal BB already provided.
    - Fixed backup of ".android_secure" instead of whole of internal sd card.
    - use "bootanimation.zip" instead of "sanim.zip"
    - More features which I don't recollect as of now ;). Find and let me know. :)

If you have just reinstalled the new PDA over the old version (that means if your ROM version is still the same e.g. XXKPQ), then the settings are not regenerated. You need to perform the following steps, in order for the new settings to be in effect:
    Code:
    adb shell
    # sysrw ; rm -rf /system/cfroot/ ; sysro
    # reboot
    Changelog: (moved to 2nd post)

It is intentional in this recovery to NOT backup the whole internal sdcard. Wipes should not be touching the sdcards (internal & external). Only the ".android_secure" [The apps you install/move to SD card], should be backup up and restore should work fine. Please report in case you observe any issues.

Attached you will find the CWM ... just flash with ODIN selecting in the PDA source the CWM file. Also you can find the version to flash from CWM Manager app.

Restart the phone (if things are not working as desired after first reboot)!!!

Also, since the Superuser version is updated, do the following steps:
    - Goto [Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Superuser] and "Clear Data".
    *** This is because the earlier versions permissions conflict with the newer version.

P.S.: Please contact me via PM if you find anything inappropriate here
    smile.gif

Just press "Thanks" if you like my work...!!!

Changelog:
    (2011-11-24)
    - Updated Superuser v3.0.7
    - Advance Backup support individual partitions
    - Added "Reboot Download" option
    - Some other minor fixes in restore

(2011-12-01)
    - Added more options in TweakManager app
    - Various tweak values in "00tweaks" has been optimized
    - Lot of fixes in base CF-Root
    - Fixed: sysrw & sysro working
    - Fixed: bootanimation.zip compatibility
    - Extra version includes param.lfs for using custom boot logo (instructions on next post)

(2011-12-17):
    - Updated CWM Manager v3.0 application
    - Fixed few bugs for recovery mode.
    - Root/Unroot actually works now :)
    - RFS <--> EXT4 conversion addon application added

(2012-02-01):
    - CWM Touch recovery
    - various improvements in CF-Root
    - New: Overclock Kernel (with 6 OPPs) [Inspired by: DooMLoRD, XDA_Bam, and other wonderful devs. :) ]
    - Fixed:
    RFS <--> EXT4 conversion addon application
    The custom boot logo works like this:
    1) After flashing the extra version, logo.jpg is not available initially. Hence you see garbled screen.
    2) However, this version enables the ability to copy your custom boot logo.jpg to "/mnt/.lfs/" folder. (you can use Root Explorer to do this by mounting it R/W first)
    3) After placing your custom logo.jpg, reboot and then you should see your own boot logo.

Attaching the original logo.jpg, if you want to use the stock one.
    No Amit. It is not about ext4 conversion.
    It is just about restoring the backup. I was using the Universal CF-root that comes with UC Kernel. The restore keeps on giving me md5 check error. The check for some reason is failing.
    I think DoomLoRD might need to update his ramdisk with mine latest version. I have made lots of fixes and improvement over the version which he is using. I would suggest that you try the latest version from this thread (based on stock rom) and if things work fine, suggest DoomLoRD update ramdisk in his kernel.
    yes its awesome amit upgrade CWM to v5.0. something

But i have bad experience i backup rom flash ext4 then retore and get some error regarding : fail to format: rfs_.......

then i retry and get message md5 checksum fail :(

Somehow wrong version got uploaded (re-download from OP again). My bad. The issues should have been fixed now. :)

I think he may need to patch the ext4 module to XXKPQ kernel version.
    Nice thought :) BTW, this is universal CF-root and should work with any ROM irrespective of kernel version ;)