[Q] HTC One X keeps rebooting

Search This thread

amit2000enigma

Sep 16, 2008
My HTC One x all o sudden turned off and now keeps restarting till the HTC logo appears and then keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader, it enters the boot loader screen and restarts again. Now my phone has turned off. But the moment I connect it to charger, it automatically starts and keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader screen with charger plugged in, but again it restarts. My phone is just 20 days old. I would really appreciate a help here

amit2000enigma

Sep 16, 2008
Did you unlock it? If no, take it back for replacement. Otherwise, more info needed. Your rom, kernel, recovery, hboot version

No, I havent unlocked it. But replacement will take 10-15 days. If I can find a solution here, would be best. When I try to go to boot loader, this is what I get:

***LOCKED***
ENDEAVORU PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-none
MICROP-none
Radio-2.1204.135.20
eMMC Bootmode: disabled
CPU bootmode:disabled
HW secure boot: enabled
MODEM [Path: off
June 28 2012, 11:31:28

HBOOT

and it restarts again in 2 secs. If press volume up/ down button, the selector doesnt move at all. Thanks!!!

eyosen

Apr 9, 2007
Istanbul
Google Nexus 5
HTC 10
Any suggestions here will most likely include unlocking, installing a custom recovery and rooting, all of which will be used against you in your warranty claim. Just take it back....

EDIT: you can try factory resetting first, but you say you cannot use vol keys. The only other thing you can do is to find your matching ruu and run that from your pc.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited:

amit2000enigma

Sep 16, 2008
Any suggestions here will most likely include unlocking, installing a custom recovery and rooting, all of which will be used against you in your warranty claim. Just take it back....

EDIT: you can try factory resetting first, but you say you cannot use vol keys. The only other thing you can do is to find your matching ruu and run that from your pc.

3 things:

1. When I connect my phone to computer, it again starts restarting like when i connect it to charger. question: Can I install RUU in such condition? I mean does the on/ off state of phone matters?

2. Will installing RUU void my warranty?

3. How can I find the right RUU for my phone?

Many thanks!

Gralgrathor

Jun 27, 2007
Borked.

My HTC One x all o sudden turned off and now keeps restarting till the HTC logo appears and then keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader, it enters the boot loader screen and restarts again. Now my phone has turned off. But the moment I connect it to charger, it automatically starts and keeps on restarting. I tried entering the boot loader screen with charger plugged in, but again it restarts. My phone is just 20 days old. I would really appreciate a help here

I have the exact same problem with my HTC One X. When I power up, it will try to boot, launch into the HTC splash screen, then go black and reboot again, ad infinitum. If I keep the lower-volume button down, it will launch into the boot selector screen, then go black, and reboot again, etc. As if the power button were stuck.

My guess is: something's really wrong with the ROM at a very basic level, or it actually *is* a short circuit in the power button or something like that. I'm going to bang it against a wall for a while and then take it apart to see what's what.

Thing is, I know exactly what happened to my phone: I made it go for a swim. And smart kid that I am I never insure my electronics. So I've probably irreparably borked a perfectly fine machine and screwed myself for a nice €450.

Edit: Should of course have powered down the phone as soon as I noticed it was wet, then put it in a bag of rice, and kept it there fore a couple of days. Probably too late now, but I'll give it a try anyway.

Last edited:

SB13X

Jun 14, 2010
England, UK

If you can get into fastboot see if you can run the command:

fastboot erase cache

Have you recently flashed a rom by any chance?

If you have did you ensure you opened the .zip file and extracted the boot.img file and flashed that seperately? Again with fastboot...

fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache

Is always a good procedure to follow.

If you have recently just flashed a different kernel other than that recommended/or came with the ROM, did you make sure you repacked it to provide you with a compatible boot.img?

If you did and you followed the steps above to flash the boot.img its also good practice to wipe cache and dalvik cache again in recovery prior to flashing the modules that came with it.

Reactions: Yadunandan

onon_onon

Dec 9, 2010
Curitiba
I'm having the same issue with my phone. Seems like the power button is stuck, it keeps restarting itself until the battery drains out. As soon as I plug it to charge, the reboot process starts over and over again. I really want to open it up and check the power connectors, but I wonder if there's a better advice before I do that.

mdhafezi

Dec 10, 2012
I'm having the same issue with my phone. Seems like the power button is stuck, it keeps restarting itself until the battery drains out. As soon as I plug it to charge, the reboot process starts over and over again. I really want to open it up and check the power connectors, but I wonder if there's a better advice before I do that.

Hey.I have had the same problem with my HOX.it was restarting every time I plug the cable.it was because of bad updating process .
1.for charging your phone do not need to open the device and charge the batt.Google for script charging.you will find an script to fast boot it .
Your phone will restarting every 6 seconds.and will charge.
2.relock it.
3.use your riht RUU

umersaeed

Jan 4, 2013
HTC one x turns off when i switch to HDR camera mode

Hello guys my HOX has a problem that when ever i switch on to HDR it shuts down and keeps restarting.. another problem is that it shows different battery status than the original .. 5 min ago it showed 23% than it switched off and showed 60% and i guess this auto turning off is some how related to this battery issue it never gave me a low battery sign.. i dont understand whether its a software issue or hardware.. i was running stock 4.1.1 now i flashed renovated rom but the problem persists .. plz i will appreciate help from you guys .. my specs are as follows
build version 3.14.401.31
baseband version 5.1204.162.29
kernel version 3.1.10 at renovated rom
hboot 1.36

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
I thought you should have hboot 1.39 with that ROM?

Looks like something is funky, I would flash the RUU (htcruu.com), but that will wipe your phone.

chaithubk

Jan 20, 2012

Hi, I have similar problem recently. So, What I tried is: press the power button when the One X reboots (before allowing it to enter to splash screen) - Just once. And instead of repeating with restart it just goes to htc One logo and turns on fine. May be the problem which you noticing could be some other flavor of it. But, give a try.

IncroLex

Jun 20, 2013
Htc one S keeps restarting !

Hey guys i have the same problem with my HTC ONE S.
The other day in class i switched on the Bluetooth and every since it keeps restarting.
I finally figured out out to get it to the bootloader (at this stage it doesn't restart) and i can move around by pressing the up/down volume buttons.
How can i possibly fix this problem? Factory reset is not an option as i have a ton of photographs and apps installed and dont want to lose them.
This is the stuff it shows me in boot loader

***LOCKED***

VILLEC2 PVT SHIP S-ON RL

HBOOT -3. 01. 0000

eMMC-boot

Mar 4 2013, 21:03: 33:-1

HBOOT

Would re installing the RUU work ? Please help i really need my phone !

Last edited:

Gopin1990

Sep 23, 2013
My Htc has the same issue as your.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Even i Have the same problem My HTC One X+ hits til the Splash Screen and turns Off when contacted HTC Service center in India they Said its problem with the Mother Board and needs to be replaced and charging a Bomb Price of 17k jus for replacing.
Is Your Htc Working fine as of Now Please Do Reply.
:good:

el_chapi

Nov 8, 2013
I have the same problem with my HTC ONE X. It starts, enter to the lock screen and reboot, and like this over and over. If i keep the cellphone turn off for and hour or two it go backs normal and a i can use it for a while and the start rebooting again. I think maybe is a heat problem cause if a leave him all night with the screen turn off it doesn't reboot. Anyone could solve this problem?????
I tried with different stock roms (4.0.4, 4.1.1, 4.2.2) and with different custom roms (paranoid android, android revolution) and the problem persists. all is left to try is changing the kernel but i don't think this will fix the problem.

Last edited:

DeeZZ_NuuZZ

May 16, 2012
Hanover
HTC 10
Google Pixel 3 XL
Try the factory reset through bootloader...that often helps of flash again a firmware...it also wipes and that helps also often... But at thirst if you flash a kernel be sure to flash always the kernel from the Rom..
..otherwise those issues will appear

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk

ibtehaj

Aug 28, 2013
htc one x restarts after htc logo and got stuck

[

i have htc one x 32 gb quad core..

****locked*****
ENDEAVORU XE SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-NONE
RADIO-2.1204.135.20
eMMC-bootmode:DISABLED
CPU-bootmode:DISABLED
HW SECURE BOOT :ENABLED
moDEM PATH:eek:FF
JUN 28 20212,11:31:28

I UPDATED IT THROUGH WIFI to 4.1 and sense 4+...it wont start and reboot from htc logo...i have done factory reset but of no use...when i connects it to usb it enables fast mode but nothing is shown on computer,,,,no sd card no phone memory,,,, plz help me out

Thant

Apr 25, 2010
Sofia
[

i have htc one x 32 gb quad core..

****locked*****
ENDEAVORU XE SHIP S-OFF RL
CID-11111111
HBOOT-1.12.0000
CPLD-NONE
RADIO-2.1204.135.20
eMMC-bootmode:DISABLED
CPU-bootmode:DISABLED
HW SECURE BOOT :ENABLED
moDEM PATH:eek:FF
JUN 28 20212,11:31:28

I UPDATED IT THROUGH WIFI to 4.1 and sense 4+...it wont start and reboot from htc logo...i have done factory reset but of no use...when i connects it to usb it enables fast mode but nothing is shown on computer,,,,no sd card no phone memory,,,, plz help me out

Download THIS RUU 3.14.401.31 and run it fallow the instruction. Report back

EDIT: Now I see you are ENDEAVORU XE not PVT this is problem try mannualy update the firmware and run sfter this this rRUU where I give you if didunt help go back to ICS surch for RUU 2.17.401.2 in google

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ruus are official htc releases so warranty will be fine. Applying it in that situation will probably not work and come to think of it can make things worse.

If you can get into fastboot see if you can run the command:

fastboot erase cache

Have you recently flashed a rom by any chance?

If you have did you ensure you opened the .zip file and extracted the boot.img file and flashed that seperately? Again with fastboot...

fastboot erase cache
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot erase cache

Is always a good procedure to follow.

If you have recently just flashed a different kernel other than that recommended/or came with the ROM, did you make sure you repacked it to provide you with a compatible boot.img?

If you did and you followed the steps above to flash the boot.img its also good practice to wipe cache and dalvik cache again in recovery prior to flashing the modules that came with it.