Magnetic POGO Cable

Search This thread

ClutchKargo

Dec 27, 2012
What case is that?

Sent from my often RMA'd Nexus 4

This is the case, real leather and not bulky. Awesome quality for sub $20 price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YLJI90/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Ok so last night I finally had time to connect the cable to wall charger in the office last night and at 6:39 it was 30% I checked back at 10:15 and it was 77% so I don't feel it's much faster with wall chager.

However I have a PowerGen2.0 amp car charger and Sunday was using the pogo with it and it charged 5% in exactly 12 minutes, so I just wanted to give you all this info.

For me I get a full days use for the N10 with full charge on average and this pogo cord gives me a no worries way to hook up overnight charging. I'm not a big fan of micro USB charging ports because of mutiple failure issues in the past with phones. On a $400+ Tablet the $20 pogo gives me a quick simple solution that will reduce wear and tear on the USB port for a fair price.

I'm saying this last statement because I've seen quite a few compaints over the cost but I do not see any problem with spending $20 for this cable for convenience and piece of mind knowing the USB port is not going to crap out over time. I've had so many problems over time with micro USB charging ports dying that for me this is a no-brainer. Just my $0.02, FWIW...........

Clutch

Reactions: mark.m.moran

Bru87tr

Nov 25, 2012
Lowell, MA
Ya, now that I have it I think it was worth the price. The USB charging cable takes a bit to get exactly right into the port. I can see it getting worn out quickly or broken.

wptski

Dec 8, 2011
Warren, MI
Ya, now that I have it I think it was worth the price. The USB charging cable takes a bit to get exactly right into the port. I can see it getting worn out quickly or broken.
Yeah, you got a wiggle it, correct? My OTG cable isn't like that.

BTW, I asked above if you could get the Battery Monitor Widget from the Google Play Store and compared the charging rate of the USB/POGO ports, did you happen to try that yet?

dust.

Jul 18, 2011
Ok phew you guys have the same issue with the usb cable. I thought the usb port on my tablet might have been defective... I guess I'll have to go scoop up a pogo cable asap! :good:

uncola

Feb 6, 2009
My magnector arrived today and is working great. I live in hawaii and I ordered off ebay the 2nd time it got listed. The cable isn't quite as long as the samsung cable that came with the nexus 10, which is a bummer but otherwise, the magnetic connection seems pretty reliable and a nice fit. No more broken microusb ports for me, I'm in the future now, where we use magnets. It came in a little padded envelope and my usps mail lady made me sign for it.

EDNYLaw

Nov 26, 2010
New York
Seller is 100% legit. Just got my cable today, would have been yesterday but the mailman didn't leave it at the door. Ordered mine the first time it was for sale on ebay.

e3ysu5y2.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357683440158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357683440158.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 288
Reactions: lKBZl

SplicedX

Jul 4, 2010
mine arrived yesterday as well! it wasn't supposed to arrive until at least the 10th, so it was a very nice surprise and it works flawlessly. Excellent fit and finish too.

bigdog2k7

Jan 3, 2013
Michigan
Just ordered a pogo cable from the new site that was posted in this thread - couldn't wait for them to get back on ebay or start an amazon sale. Transaction went through paypal and it's a wordpress site, but it all seemed legit. For $26 bucks I took a risk. Will let you all know when I receive it and post some pictures.

Details about your shipment
Transaction ID: ****-****-****-****
Hello ***********,

towncommunication added shipping details. Please note that the tracking information and shipping status are shown exactly as the seller entered them.

Shipper Korea Post
Tracking number KK*******91KR
Shipping status Shipped
If you have questions about the shipment, please contact towncomm@naver.com

Seller
towncommunication
towncomm@naver.com

Pogocable site is legit, just got this from PayPal :)

Tesla67

Jan 23, 2012
Lol all I want to know now is if it charges (a lot) better than USB will be much more likely to get it!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

SplicedX

Jul 4, 2010
I just did a quick test with my POGO charger. I hooked the POGO charger up when my tablet hit 75%. In one hour, it charged to 99%.

EDNYLaw

Nov 26, 2010
New York
I just did about an hour of streaming 720p video (avi) from my NAS using software decoding at full brightness and it did not lose a percent. Haven't had a chance to play a game yet, but when I do I'll post my results.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

johnyguy

Oct 11, 2012
I just did about an hour of streaming 720p video (avi) from my NAS using software decoding at full brightness and it did not lose a percent. Haven't had a chance to play a game yet, but when I do I'll post my results.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

So it did not charge just kept the battery at the same amount while you were watching.

bigdog2k7

Jan 3, 2013
Michigan
Lol all I want to know now is if it charges (a lot) better than USB will be much more likely to get it!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

It does charge better than the usb for a number of reasons (not necessarily speed).

1. Can't damage your micro port.
2. Can utilize OTG while charging
3. Don't have to worry about tripping over the cable or having the cable pull the tablet off your desk/table.

I'm just excited to get mine so I can load all my games/docs/movies/music/pictures/apps on an external HD and not have to worry about my tablet dying on me while I use it at work/school :D

EDNYLaw

Nov 26, 2010
New York
So it did not charge just kept the battery at the same amount while you were watching.

Battery was at 100% so it had no where to go. However, I've drained the battery a little and I'll test it out.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Oh and perhaps someone could tell me whether streaming a 720p avi using software decoding on full brightness is roughly (I'm not looking for exact) equivalent to playing a game. The only real big game I have is Spiderman but I don't have the time to play but I can let my tablet run a video for a while.

Edit: Now streaming 1080p mkv using hardware decoding

Edit 2: Streaming noted above, charging noticeably slower (obviously) but still overall net gain on battery. I have to say I really like this cable, plus the magnets are great, you just get the POGO charger in the vicinity and it's connected. Definitely better than fumbling with a micro USB. That's my two cents.

Last edited:
Reactions: Royal2000H

edd666999

Jan 9, 2013
Still awaiting delivery of my nexus 10 but I just ordered one of these. £16 delivered to the UK.

Also have a OTG cable in my amazon basket while I decide on a case!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So are there any places currently selling these?

Not sure I got this from the eBay seller in South Korea that had his ad taken down.

---------- Post added at 10:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You got it really fast !

Where are you located?

How fast is the chargeing

Thanks!!!,

Yeah I was surprised too! the seller had an option for express shipping when I paid for $10 more, I didn't have a problem spending a few bucks more.

I haven't used it enough yet to notice any faster charging, it went from 70% to 98% in a little less than 2 hours.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Let's see if the pictures will work yet............

ResizeofIMG_0100_zps487a912b.jpg

ResizeofIMG_0103_zps5ccac530.jpg
    I searched high and low and finally found an adapter that puts out 2.1A on each of two outlets - concurrently. Excellent quality. Same spec on each channel as oem charger on its single outlet. Great fit and finish too. Can support two high demand devices at once.

I've been using it with the Pogo cable, and it is perfect. Link:

Ventev r2200 AC Travel Charger, Dual 2A USB Port 110-220v With MicroUSB Cable
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BSC7FW0/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    It's here!

Just wanted to let everyone know I got my Pogo Cable today!

It is in my opinion extremely high quality build. I have so far used it with my wall charger and my car charger and it works fantastic.

If I didn't know better I'd say was an OEM from Samsung or Google.

I know I know post pictures..........

OK I'll get some made and post them very soon.

Clutch
    Just out of interest, has anyone actually measured what current the nexus actually draws from the charger?

I've just spliced in my ammeter and with the battery showing 45% its currently drawing 0.59A and this is with the stock charger and whilst typing this. If I put the nexus into standby then it drops to 0.50A

I'll do some further testing this week charging from 0-100% this week and let you know what I find.

Btw this is using the USB port.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2