Reviews Master Thread

Search This thread

*Emix*

Jul 6, 2012
Are you looking at numbers (resolution) only? Look at the blacks, look at the contrast... it's bad. Plus it doesn't allow full brightness when phone gets warm.

And yes 6h of web surfing at 50% brightness sucks, Z2 or G2 give twice of that, around 12h.

Last edited:

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
Are you looking at numbers (resolution) only? Look at the blacks, look at the contrast... it's bad. Plus it doesn't allow full brightness when phone gets warm.

And yes 6h of web surfing at 50% brightness sucks, Z2 or G2 give twice of that, around 12h.

blacks are better on the G3, both at 50% and 100%
whites aren't as good though

Jishnu Sur™

Nov 25, 2012
ND-BL-MB-KL

blacks are better on the G3, both at 50% and 100%
whites aren't as good though

Great review. Really in depth and raises concerns about going with this phone. They should've stuck with FullHD...

You interpret it wrong from gsmarena. Lower value means deeper black. G3 Black level is worse than G2

Sent from GT-I9500

This is clearly a pathetic review. They say everything against it on the particular page and on the last page they say everything positive. And those smart people made the review with the preproduction unit too! A phone with a tallk time of 25hours can never have 6:30 Minutes of web browsing. Also, what disappointment in benchamarks? Seriously? Then Nexus 5 is the worst phone ever on performance..

Best is go and have a look at it yourself. Samsung paid them sooo much just to get the name down.. They sold more than 100000 Units in the first 5 days which was 3 times more than the S5 so obviously Samsung is jealous. I have written a mail to them asking about each and every aspect. Hope they reply soon.:good:

dragon135

Jan 23, 2011
This is clearly a pathetic review. They say everything against it on the particular page and on the last page they say everything positive. And those smart people made the review with the preproduction unit too! A phone with a tallk time of 25hours can never have 6:30 Minutes of web browsing. Also, what disappointment in benchamarks? Seriously? Then Nexus 5 is the worst phone ever on performance..

Best is go and have a look at it yourself. Samsung paid them sooo much just to get the name down.. They sold more than 100000 Units in the first 5 days which was 3 times more than the S5 so obviously Samsung is jealous. I have written a mail to them asking about each and every aspect. Hope they reply soon.:good:

Well the numbers and measurement don't lie. We already know the benchmark number will not be as good as s5, m8 due to QHD resolution given they use same cpu as S5 witb FHD resolution.
browsing make use of QHD, graphic, processing, javascript, and everything, while talk time is not (just black screen).
Screen measurement is disapointing already compared to even G2. It means the panel quality is not as good.
They praised it in the end because from normal user it really is good lhone witb good design. LG tried hard.

Sent from GT-I9500

supremekizzle

Mar 15, 2013

I'm sure there is some wild conspiracy as to why GSM Arena lied in their review. Surely Samsung paid them off! Speaking of Samsung and sales...there was a huge no sale in South Korea the same time the S5 launched, which explains the low initial numbers. This has been reported by news outlets. I'm an LG fan and wanted the G3 to be so much more, but they were too quick to market with the QHD screen and should've waited for better battery tech or processor optimization. I'm buying the G2 over this phone, because it's been proven to be an amazing device, even months later. Don't let your fanboyism blind you...

Well the numbers and measurement don't lie. We already know the benchmark number will not be as good as s5, m8 due to QHD resolution given they use same cpu as S5 witb FHD resolution.
browsing make use of QHD, graphic, processing, javascript, and everything, while talk time is not (just black screen).
Screen measurement is disapointing already compared to even G2. It means the panel quality is not as good.
They praised it in the end because from normal user it really is good lhone witb good design. LG tried hard.

Sent from GT-I9500

Exactly! Numbers certainly don't lie...

nap007

Sep 28, 2008
I kinda wish anandtech do all flagship phones reviews, they seem to be the only one out there that actually understand the stuffs inside modern cell phones :-|

Last edited:

hamad138

Mar 3, 2012
I kinda wish anandtech do all flagship phones reviews, they seem to be the only one out there that actually understand the stuffs inside modern cell phones :-|

Anandtech are buyed peoples. They said 7hour web browsing for nexus 4 where mine only could do 3hours and 30min.

Dont trust them they are buyed peoples

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just took some pics outdoor from Note 3.

a5a8e6ag.jpg

100% brightness outdoor but not under direct sun.

zy7y6aba.jpg

50% brightness outdoor under direct sun.

2ejuvyty.jpg

e4uty4u4.jpg

100% brightness under extreme sunlight (42c)

Don't have S5 to compare with at the moment.

Sent from G3
    I am waiting for my own review

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Probably paid by lg, lg g3 is dim confirmed by everyone

Confirmed by everyone? You are just trolling now. Read the reviews, the display is frequently described as bright, brilliant, sharp, and on and on. If you don't want to read the reviews, just stop trolling the thread. The only person who can confirm for me if the screen is bright enough is myself. You sound like you've been paid by Samsung to troll the G3 threads. Give it a break, chief.
    I missed where GSMarena became the gospel of reviews. Engadget, The Verge, both say the screen colors are brilliant, 7 hours of SoT, and much better in the sunlight than the S5. Oh well, I guess I have to bow down the GSMarena Gods of reviewing and disregard the 5 other reviews that completely disagree with what they are saying and just not buy the phone. I recommend you all do the same, and blindly follow GSMarena.
    I've had the phone since thursday. I was a little worried about the screen brightness myself but I can say without a doubt that I've had no problems with the screen not being bright enough. I live in southern california, no problems inside or outside.