[Q] Most Stable WM6.5

Search This thread
Dec 10, 2008
I am going on a trip to Spain for a month and I am using the WM 6.5 mystic series ROM and although slightly more stable than my last ROM it still crashes a lot while texting.

What is the most stable WM 6.5 ROM and if there isn't should I just go with WM 6.1 ROM?

rabinhood

Feb 16, 2009
Katowice
What is the most stable WM 6.5 ROM and if there isn't should I just go with WM 6.1 ROM?[/QUOTE]

All the 6.5 ROMs are unofficial and not fully complete. They're running fast and smooth, but there can always be some specific issues, especially with some games. As far as I know the most stable is the latest build you can get from Da_G, and the whole rest are build with his kitchen.

I use 6.5 ROMs for quite a long time with no major problems.

Agent Blair

Jan 6, 2009
Sheps ROM is very stable with everyday basic use. But don't try any game emulators or rely on the windows lock, as I noticed it was a bit slow. He is also using the WVGA youtube (seriously, I don't know why ROM cookers can't just use the VGA one, it's the same exact thing but for VGA!) and the ROM is also using the older htc album application. Titanium seems to be ignored by Shep and only the basic widgets work, such as email, phone notifications, text, time, pictures and calender etc. Other than that it worked very well with the 1.14.25.05 radio, at least where I live for calls, texts, GPS, and email.

Other than that I haven't really found any super-stable 6.5 ROMs if you want EVERYTHING to work such as all the WM programs and today-screens. But for the basics of a smartphone, I would vouch for sheps rom.

Dec 10, 2008
I don't know, everyone just seems to be having great experiences with their WM 6.5 ROMs.

Is there something I'm doing wrong because all of the ROMs I have tried have incredibly buggy sms messaging.

nitroblu

Dec 2, 2008
why has no one realized yet that these questions don't belong in the ROM section and should be in the Raphael general discussion thread?

jcaf77

Jan 29, 2009
south east
i had to go back to 6.1, I love the look and feel of 6.5 but battery life was getting worse and pandora would time out after 1 or 3 songs... :0( I will go back to 6.5 when pandora works as well as with 6.1

X2D

Jan 1, 2009
I have never heard of a pandora issue with 6.5, which ROM were you using and did you try setting your internet to not disconnect after X seconds/minutes? Just trying to help, because IMO 6.5 is leaps and bounds way ahead of 6.1 in terms of usability, functions are mainly the same, but I could never go back to 6.1 and I've been using 6.5 since January when Da_G first released his leaked build.

antoniouslj

Dec 14, 2007
Moore, OK
I don't know what SMS problem you're referring to, but I have major issues with hardware keyboard lag on every single 6.5 rom I've ever tested. The one rom that did "okay" was the special stripped Image Update test rom Da_G came out with a week or so ago. It had no camera and was missing several other modules for testing purposes, but miraculously it was the most stable 6.5 I've ever used.

I've flashed regularly since Da_G started his 6.5 rom kitchen thread, so I've seen every build. The one way to circumvent any issues would be to use TF3D2's built-in SMS (which is flawless, except for the tapping the text box AFTER you slide out the keyboard) or use something like Vito SMS Chat, or other third party sms program. They all seem to have 0 to no lag whatsoever and are relatively stable. I think the problem lies in WM6.5's pocket outlook backend.