Swipewheel - keyboard concept for touchscreen devices

Search This thread

alresave

Dec 9, 2010
Guadalajara
I think this is the needed evolution of the touchscreen keyboard. Great work!!

I'd like to see how this works as default keyboard in apps like Whatsapp, Viber or Telegram. Can't imagine how switching between emoticons and swypewheel would work.

MilkyJoePD

Oct 30, 2011
Judging from the video it needs apostrophes (it's instead of its) and maybe just lifting your finger inputs a space.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheGoD

SunamY

Mar 13, 2011
Only one "word" ... Wow

send from my OMNIfied Hammerhead with the power of Trinity 5

i1togofast

Mar 27, 2012
Fredericksburg
Very interesting keyboard! I remember how excited I was months before Minuum went to beta. Now in excited to try a new "keyboard" all over again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

NMEAGENT

Dec 25, 2012
Ashburn
This idea is very amazing. I would love this keyboard. You should also consider adding autocorrect to it. My only concern is that you should be able to 'add words to the dictionary' like many keyboards that use a swipe gesture. Personally for me this is one big factor because I use many acronyms and words in other languages and it would be hard for me to type with this if they weren't added to the dictionary.

Edit: I would also love to alpha/beta test this

Last edited:

Mikeonic

Feb 15, 2013
I would love to try the alpha/beta and wouldnt mind giving you a full review of it! Love the idea!

error404

Jan 27, 2011
error404android.tumblr.com
OnePlus 8T
Hi there!
I've just registered, nice to meet you all :)

I've came up with a concept of new type of "keyboard" for touchscreen devices (target: mobile phones), the tests went really great, and I am now patenting it. I would like to see your opinions or ideas.

Since I'm new here, Im not allowed to post links, please search "swipewheel" in youtube.

Thanks!
Best regards, Jacek.

Just amazing.

TheGoD

Oct 26, 2009
  • Space by lifting the finger as mentioned
  • Alternative for tablets: two half circles on each side of the screen
  • How to select a different word than the one that was recogniced? You know, like in the Swype keyboards.
  • Add multilanguage support into the first beta! This way more people can test it.
  • Oval instead of round as an option, maybe?
  • You wrote target are smartphones, what about tablets? There are way more great keyboards on phones than on larger devises.
BTW, I wanna alpha/beta test ^^

ingenious247

Oct 15, 2011
Seems like a cool twist on the standard swipe method, but that's all I get out of it. It's still just swiping, and each swipe-based keyboard has it's own quirks and little extras.

Not knocking it at all, I'm sure I'll use it, but I am not seeing how this is revolutionary

jacekwarchol

May 12, 2014
Judging from the video it needs apostrophes (it's instead of its) and maybe just lifting your finger inputs a space.

Hi Friend,
Apostrophes can be chosen from the "signs" wheel or just drawn inside the wheel -like all symbols.
Lifting your finger to get a space is not a good idea, because you would get space each time you lift your finger to draw any sign, make a dot and so on. Trust me, drawing a circle for space comes natural, and you can easily draw the precise number of spaces you need.
Anyway thanks for your idea and comment.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there!
    I've just registered, nice to meet you all :)

I've came up with a concept of new type of "keyboard" for touchscreen devices (target: mobile phones), the tests went really great, and I am now patenting it. I would like to see your opinions or ideas.

Since I'm new here, Im not allowed to post links, please search "swipewheel" in youtube.

Thanks!
    Best regards, Jacek.
    Just curious but has there been any progress on the development? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Almost one month and a half without any news from OP... is this project still under development or it's been discontinued? :confused:
    Almost one month and a half without any news from OP... is this project still under development or it's been discontinued? :confused:
    +1
    Still pretty interested in this one ^^
    Apostrophes should be automatically placed, and the delete gesture removes it should you not need it (when you actually want "its" without one).
    Inserting a space by lifting your finger would be conditional (not when adding commas, full stops etc).
    Another idea I've always wanted but never seen is when highlighting a word or words, instead of just cut, copy, paste option, you have options to wrap the word or words in " ", ' ' or ( ).

Thank you for sharing your opinion, I really appreciate each comment and idea.
    You know, the app demo only shows "raw letter input method", of course in final app, there will be auto-correct and other improvements available.
    Best regards, Jack.