[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 Camera Failure Issue
I know that this is my first post, but in recent weeks i have been using the useful information posted by your community to succesfully root and flash my device. I have, however, reach a wall and am unable to find any other information to lead me past this wall. That leads me to this post. Maybe my experiences will help others to reach an answer that seems to have eluded all of our brains.
US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3 16 GB Version
1. Successfully rooted my device, gaining access to SuperUser App and root file access.
2. Installed TWRP Custom Recovery, backed up custom recovery image of stock ROM and apps (image of my phone as it was before flashing)
3. Found a ROM suitable to my device, carrier, and needs (Eclipse v5.1 Build 5)
4. Flashed ROM using correct procedure (factory wipe, flash ROM, flash GAPPS, reboot)
5. Rebooted phone while new ROM was in place (Eclipse)
6. Restored all info as it was before
7. Went to use camera, received error message "Cannot connect to camera"
8. Proceeded to see if any camera apps would solve problem (FXCamera, Instagram, etc), received same error message when trying to access camera portion of these apps
9. Explored other options (Flashed other camera apps onto my phone hoping this would solve problem)
10. Relaunched phone and received same error message when trying to open these camera applications
1. I recovered to the stock ROM using TWRP, and attempted to access the Camera Firmware screen using code *#34971539# and this resulted in nothing happening on my phone. No change in screen, the code just sits in the stock dialer.
****Why is this?
****Why wont my phone access the camera firmware screen?
I have a feeling that i need to find a corresponding firmware in this list
And follow the listed process in this thread
My hope is that this results in the camera fully functioning within my custom ROM that i have chosen.
For now though, i guess any input that you have on my situation would be greatly appreciated. I feel as if i have exhausted every thread on the internet regarding this topic. Why cant i get to the firmware screen? Do you think this will fix the situation? Why wont the camera connect when im running my custom ROM?
Thanks in advance everyone, really appreciate all that you do here. Your knowledge helps many.