I'm seeing some status bar "Burn-In"

Search This thread

Entree

Oct 13, 2011
Luckily, I don't notice any of these artifacts!

How hard do you need to look to see this? I almost don't want to try looking for them... it might scar my impression of it. ;) Kidding, kidding.

Although, I have my screen set to shut off after 30s of inactivity and I've never left the screen on, unless watching a movie, with a still image for longer than maybe 4-5mins (reading articles, showing people stuff, etc.).

I've had the phone since December 8th (was so excited!) and I'm absolutely in love with the display. I thought I could handle iOS but... I moved from an iPhone 4S to the Nexus and I don't regret it, I hate that operating system.

Handed the iPhone off to my girlfriend and we're both the better for it. ;)

RogerPodacter

Apr 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Luckily, I don't notice any of these artifacts!

How hard do you need to look to see this? I almost don't want to try looking for them... it might scar my impression of it. ;) Kidding, kidding.

Although, I have my screen set to shut off after 30s of inactivity and I've never left the screen on, unless watching a movie, with a still image for longer than maybe 4-5mins (reading articles, showing people stuff, etc.).

I've had the phone since December 8th (was so excited!) and I'm absolutely in love with the display. I thought I could handle iOS but... I moved from an iPhone 4S to the Nexus and I don't regret it, I hate that operating system.

Handed the iPhone off to my girlfriend and we're both the better for it. ;)

that's the thing, you have to look so incredibly hard and close up at certain brightness levels to see it. Like insanely hard to see. That's why I don't really care much about it. I'll just try to minimize it as best I can with my new nexus.

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
I tried. I really did. Used both white and gray backrounds on different brightness levels and i still couldn't see this burn in you guys are talking about. Maybe it has something to do with the inconsistencies in amoled screens i've been reading about but my screen isn't showing any of this yet. And neither did my amoled desire which i had for almost 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

traviscrites

Sep 6, 2007
burned

I am exchanging my gn tomorrow because of burn-in of status bar, unlock icon and clock. I believe my mistake was always plugging it in and setting it on my desk face up. I turned the phone off for a couple of hours and the images are still clearly visible immediately after turning back on. There should be some kind of automatic motion to the charging / unlock screen to prevent this.

ptfdmedic

Aug 23, 2006
Use a launcher the hides the notification bar. This is a problem with all the amoleds. Not sure about the Plus but all the previous Nexus's had it as well as the Galaxy S.

I just hide the bar when not in use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    People are absolutely being so fickle about any small issue with the phone.

Here's what i've seen so far...

Speaker is too weak
    Screen looks grainy with low brightness
    Verizon car dock sucks
    LTE drains too much battery
    ICS too buggy
    Status bar "burn-in"
    GSM phone too expensive in the US
    Camera sucks, not an iPhone camera killer
    Phone can't autofocus with flash to save it's life
    Random reboots/stuck at a black screen
    Not getting the OTA pushed to my device
    Verizon molested the software of my phone
    Screen scratches too easily

I'm sure there's more.. It's actually kind of depressing building that list, but I still LOVE THIS FU**IN' PHONE, and the internet pretty much agrees it's the best android device that exists today, despite it's caveats.

If you don't like the hardware, wait for a Motoblur/Sense/Touchwiz boated phone to come along after CES or hack your favorite hardware with CyanogenMod. Me, I'm going to load all the dot release updates on mine, then when 4.1, 4 .2, etc roll out, i'll load those on before any other phone gets it and without the hassle of any CarrierIQ or bloat.

Software is more important (to me) than hardware and this is why I bought the nexus device. If I wanted solid hardware, I would of bought an iPhone...