Cant Flash Custom Bootloader/Recovery on A500 (ICS OTA 4.0.3)

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 5098235

So ive been trying for almost a week now trying to put a custom ROM on my Acer Iconia A500, but my tablet doesnt want to do cooperate. I have tried EVERYTHING, from using blackthunders APXFlash tool to NvFlash and everything. My problem is my computer will pick up my tablet once its in APX mode. I go to my "Devices and Printers" and under everyting it has a picture of a object and under it, it says "APX". Also in the bottom right corner of laptop theres the "Usb" icon and if i click on it, it says "Eject APX", so i know my computer knows what it is. but no matter WHAT program i use, my A500 never gets any white text on it when its trying to go into the bootloader or anything. i can only get to the point where my device is in APX mode.Nothing seems to work AT ALL. And all the programs get to the point of trying to flash the bootloader and thats it. They just stop working or cant go any further for some reason. I also deleted my "boot.p" file in /system as well. I got my CPUID, i got my SBK, i got all of that using Afterota program. My tablet IS ROOTED. So im stuck right now. Tablet runs fine and good. Just dont wanna give up and really needing some help. Heres my tablet info:

Tablet Cpuid : 037C61C9408103D7
Tablet Sbk : 0xE4531F00 0x18070000 0xF74EE402 0x11DE2003
Android Build : Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
Bootloader : 0.03.12-ICS

I also tried downloading the "babsector.rar" file from the russian website and it says the file was removed, id SO GREATLY appericate it if someone who has it could re-upload it somewhere else or gimme a good working downloading link for it. One again please help me out if you have ANY suggestions or know how to fix my issue. THANKS :)

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City
So ive been trying for almost a week now trying to put a custom ROM on my Acer Iconia A500, but my tablet doesnt want to do cooperate. I have tried EVERYTHING, from using blackthunders APXFlash tool to NvFlash and everything. My problem is my computer will pick up my tablet once its in APX mode. I go to my "Devices and Printers" and under everyting it has a picture of a object and under it, it says "APX". Also in the bottom right corner of laptop theres the "Usb" icon and if i click on it, it says "Eject APX", so i know my computer knows what it is. but no matter WHAT program i use, my A500 never gets any white text on it when its trying to go into the bootloader or anything. i can only get to the point where my device is in APX mode.Nothing seems to work AT ALL. And all the programs get to the point of trying to flash the bootloader and thats it. They just stop working or cant go any further for some reason. I also deleted my "boot.p" file in /system as well. I got my CPUID, i got my SBK, i got all of that using Afterota program. My tablet IS ROOTED. So im stuck right now. Tablet runs fine and good. Just dont wanna give up and really needing some help. Heres my tablet info:

Tablet Cpuid : 037C61C9408103D7
Tablet Sbk : 0xE4531F00 0x18070000 0xF74EE402 0x11DE2003
Android Build : Acer_AV041_A500_1.033.00_PA_CUS1
Bootloader : 0.03.12-ICS

I also tried downloading the "babsector.rar" file from the russian website and it says the file was removed, id SO GREATLY appericate it if someone who has it could re-upload it somewhere else or gimme a good working downloading link for it. One again please help me out if you have ANY suggestions or know how to fix my issue. THANKS :)

First of all thanks for an informative post!! I wish everyone gave as much info as you:) One thing you didn't mention was which PC OS you are using - 32bit are best

My problem is my computer will pick up my tablet once its in APX mode. I go to my "Devices and Printers" and under everyting it has a picture of a object and under it, it says "APX". Also in the bottom right corner of laptop theres the "Usb" icon and if i click on it, it says "Eject APX", so i know my computer knows what it is.
Right, everything is in order here, you're seeing exactly what you are supposed to

So now we need to know "what" doesn't "work".
The babsector file is best for trouble shooting as it will always post some sort of output. Its in post2 of the root guide in my sig.
1. Put your tab in apx mode and connect your "micro usb cable" to your pc
2. Run the first .bat file of babsector.
Now what exactly happens next, can you post a screenshot?

Can't help much further until you do this!!

If the first .bat file runs ok, you need to boot directly to cwm which babsector has just flashed.
Do a nandroid backup and then
a complete wipe including /data/media - you need to go in and specifically enable this from the 'mounts' menu. Wipe davlik and cache too.
Now flash your custom rom and power down.
Back into apx mode and run the 2nd .bat file.
Reboot and voila! you should be all good - fingers crossed!!!

D

Deleted member 5098235

First of all thanks for an informative post!! I wish everyone gave as much info as you:) One thing you didn't mention was which PC OS you are using - 32bit are best

Right, everything is in order here, you're seeing exactly what you are supposed to

So now we need to know "what" doesn't "work".
The babsector file is best for trouble shooting as it will always post some sort of output. Its in post2 of the root guide in my sig.
1. Put your tab in apx mode and connect your "micro usb cable" to your pc
2. Run the first .bat file of babsector.
Now what exactly happens next, can you post a screenshot?

Can't help much further until you do this!!

If the first .bat file runs ok, you need to boot directly to cwm which babsector has just flashed.
Do a nandroid backup and then
a complete wipe including /data/media - you need to go in and specifically enable this from the 'mounts' menu. Wipe davlik and cache too.
Now flash your custom rom and power down.
Back into apx mode and run the 2nd .bat file.
Reboot and voila! you should be all good - fingers crossed!!!
OK so when I put it in APX mode and connected to it, I ran the "A501 A" file and entered my SBK. But when I hit enter it will work just fine alllll the way up til it says something about sending file to bootloader, and then just fails. This is the SAME thing that happened when I use NvFlash and APXFlash! None of them can seem to access my boot loader and I never get anyway white text on my Acer saying it is! So idk what to do! I can't post any screenshots at the moment since I'm not home right now. I will once I get home. Also I can't even enter stock recovery on my tablet! I turn it off, and as its turning back on I hold the "Power" and "Volume Down" button, but just boots normally.....so Idk if this has to do with the problem or not....

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 5098235

NEVER MIND GOT IT WORKING!!!!!! THANK GAWD. I just reinstalled the drivers and apx drivers and when i loaded up the a501 A file it sent everything correctly and smoothly! Now running a custom ROM! THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!(;

Reactions: dibb_nz

vicviper74

Jan 20, 2010
Not for me =(

NEVER MIND GOT IT WORKING!!!!!! THANK GAWD. I just reinstalled the drivers and apx drivers and when i loaded up the a501 A file it sent everything correctly and smoothly! Now running a custom ROM! THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!(;

Well that sux because I thought we were on the same page, except you got it working. I get stuck on uploading the bootloader stage 2 in apx program.

Also when I try to load recovery.
It does a laying down android with a triangle and a exclamation point in it.

I found the cpuid from navigating to the android file folders.
0428004342e0e297 which converts to this
0xC7E2C201 0xDBFDC006 0xDB922404 0x44312103

Is there a way to verify that I do in fact have the correct one?
I really want to update my rom, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

D

Deleted member 5098235

Well that sux because I thought we were on the same page, except you got it working. I get stuck on uploading the bootloader stage 2 in apx program.

What I did was went to the Acer website and found my tablet and installed the HoneyComb driver that was right under my ICS firmware. (Since they didn't have any drivers for the latest ICS OTA 4.0.3) which these drivers will work fine. Next after I reinstalled those drivers I put my tablet in APX mode, connected it to my laptop. Made sure in the bottom right hand corner it had installed the APX drivers successfully and made sure under the usb icon it.said "APX". I then flashed the a501a file first and it went through and worked! Them from there I went to wipe what I needed and installed my custom rom!

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

dibb_nz

Sep 23, 2010
Shake City

two tools in my root guide for sbk check and while you're there read up about the boot.p file if you ever want to get past the dead android screen, everything is explained in the first post

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 5098235