what DONT you like about the note 2?

Search This thread

mottyengel

Dec 27, 2011
Well, I'm coming from the note 1 and the difference is like night and day! Aside from the beastly specs, the feel is just so incredible! ! But this isnt a thread about all the things you love about the phone, it's about what you don't. I'll start.
PLEASE DONT MENTION MULTIWINDOW. I'M PISSED OFF TO.

Not a fan of the amount of time it takes to turn on when you press the power button, meaning wake up time...

I'M OUT!!

eccoodamo

Jul 18, 2006
My biggest issue with the Note 2 is that it keeps me from doing real work or wanting to see my family or shave or take a bath or sleep. I should be sleeping now but guess what i am doing, tweaking the layout, testing apps that never really worked on older phones. Aahhhhhhh, see my frustration?

mottyengel

Dec 27, 2011
My biggest issue with the Note 2 is that it keeps me from doing real work or wanting to see my family or shave or take a bath or sleep. I should be sleeping now but guess what i am doing, tweaking the layout, testing apps that never really worked on older phones. Aahhhhhhh, see my frustration?

;) Which apps do you mean if you dont mind my asking?

teshgnex

Apr 12, 2012
lol interesting thread - i've had my note for a total of 2.5 hours so far (side by side with my S3) and i've got to say (having used the original note) the overall feel is nice, very rounded, a bit slippery perhaps (nothing a skin cant fix)

the pen still feels lighter than i'd like and the button is a bit more recessed than i'd like

the home button is awesome and much more responsive than my stock s3

a similar complaint to my s3 but when grabbing the device from the bottom edge, i have a tendency to tap the menu / back buttons on accident, a bit annoying when not using a case

the glass is nice, the feel of the pen on the screen is much more controlled than the original

nfc, yay! google wallet downloaded, would message ' not compatible' on open and shut itself down... boo..

the volume and home button have a nice confident click and feel compared to the s3 and original note...

i posted my grey'd positive comments in your other thread...

mottyengel

Dec 27, 2011
lol interesting thread - i've had my note for a total of 2.5 hours so far (side by side with my S3) and i've got to say (having used the original note) the overall feel is nice, very rounded, a bit slippery perhaps (nothing a skin cant fix)

the pen still feels lighter than i'd like and the button is a bit more recessed than i'd like

the home button is awesome and much more responsive than my stock s3

a similar complaint to my s3 but when grabbing the device from the bottom edge, i have a tendency to tap the menu / back buttons on accident, a bit annoying when not using a case

the glass is nice, the feel of the pen on the screen is much more controlled than the original

nfc, yay! google wallet downloaded, would message ' not compatible' on open and shut itself down... boo..

the volume and home button have a nice confident click and feel compared to the s3 and original note...

i posted my grey'd positive comments in your other thread...

Man... youre right about the home and volume buttons... i forgot

Jyveafk

Jan 2, 2009
Google Wallet not working.

Lack of multi windows.

The pen feels a bit cheap still (loved the feel of the Palm Tungsten metal ones that were telescopic). Though fixable as I think I'll get a dual use pen/pointer to keep in pocket/briefcase, I'm a fairly large bloke too, so having that larger pen will help too, this current one isn't really of a decent size/thickness/weight to use for long periods of time, I think my hand would 'claw' up.

Lack of cases for a while (the official 'flap' one is good, got it at last but was making me twitchy not having it protected. Wish there was a good/cheap pouch type case to slide it in for extra protection). And/or the 'flap' phone case, the front of it, the actual flap, is wonderful to touch, but the back is the same uber slippery plastic that the default one is. Can NFC not be done through a very slightly thicker case with a built in rubberised coasting, as the Nexus7 has? This thing is still very, very slick, and I can see with slightly sweaty hands, I'll need to be extra careful.

The built in Samsung Keyboard (that is SO incredibly good with the Swype/cool T9 like swype functionalty/left/right handed), but doesn't scale to other resolutions if you tweak the lcd dpi. REALLY a great keyboard, please make it scale! No, best keyboard I've ever used, and it's keeping me from tweaking the dpi.

The knowledge that when I do inevitably flash CM on this, I'll probably end up losing TMobile wifi calling, that for me, is working wonderfully.

Touch wiz is mildly... odd. But not as bad as seen before, JB's ability to disable things is really helping. But what annoys me somewhat is the different functionality for no other reason than to do it different it appears, and needing a few extra apps (like the photo editor) downloaded when built in apps rely on it.

Oh, no 32mb NII's in TMobile, and so much of the 16GB filled with Bloatware (steady Cyanogenmod, steady... your day will come).

So, all pretty minor (hopefully constructive) criticisms. Overall, still mad impressed with this phone. All phones should have the option to have it work with a stylus as well integrated as this.

If I had the chance to order things to be fixed;
Wifi Calling for Tmobile as an installable app so I'd be less twitchy about flashing with other roms.
Rubberised back.

lawalty

May 16, 2008
My personal gripe, is about how much my GN2 looks and feels like an iPhone. In everyway, from the straight lines, to the rounded corners, and don't get me started with the app drawer. The smoothness of page transitions, Google Now.

OK.. I was just kidding guys! LOL.

My real gripes -
1 the on/off button on the exact opposite side of the device as the volume rocker. They should have put it up on top.
2 No dedicated camera button.
3 I always loved scrollable wallpaper, which I feel I shouldn't need to root, and re-rom for it.
4 No auto spell correct from the stock Samsung keyboard.
5 Oh yeah, NO F@#$KING MULTI-SCREEN. - sorry, had to get that one in.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

xpprofessional1

Mar 16, 2012
you made my morning hahahahahaha.

i'm going to sleep now.

wolfpack612

Nov 18, 2006
Hollywood
My personal gripe, is about how much my GN2 looks and feels like an iPhone. In everyway, from the straight lines, to the rounded corners, and don't get me started with the app drawer. The smoothness of page transitions, Google Now.

OK.. I was just kidding guys! LOL.

My real gripes -
1 the on/off button on the exact opposite side of the device as the volume rocker. They should have put it up on top.
2 No dedicated camera button.
3 I always loved scrollable wallpaper, which I feel I shouldn't need to root, and re-rom for it.
4 No auto spell correct from the stock Samsung keyboard.
5 Oh yeah, NO F@#$KING MULTI-SCREEN. - sorry, had to get that one in.

yea i wish the power button was on top too but i rarely use it.

dedicated camera button would've been cool.

having a hard time buying a case/cover, don't want it looking too enormous.

either way loving my note 2'

psn1819

Apr 4, 2008
Philadelphia
The fact that we cant flash n7100 roms lol...its crazy that it so similar to the t889 yet be so polar!!

kidchunks

Nov 5, 2012
Deerfield Beach
Only gripe is the call volume being a bit on the low side even when maxed. Speaker is loud enough though.

I'm sure they're apks to tweak it a bit but I'm too busy enjoying the phone so i'll search for a fix later. :p

Last edited:

jakebake

Oct 13, 2012
Somerhing for me is the screen keeps timing our evn with the option checked to see my eyes... also when it goes out and I press home button it goes home instead of waking up to the app I was on. Everyother phone did not do this. Is this just me or is there a setting?

Markor13

Jul 19, 2010
Las Vegas
I came from the S3, and love everything about my Note 2. I can't say one bad thing about it.

Reactions: Nolenm04

jawang26

Dec 18, 2010
Size once in a while, I'm 5'7 so I guess that means I have smaller hands? For the most part I dont have an issue but some times my hand gets fatigued from using it too much...Not complaining but sometimes I wish they kept the 5.3 and made it narrower it'd be perfect for me.

Jerry D

Mar 5, 2011
I don't like that we can't use our S-Pen on our soft keys. It would be great to be able to hit the menu and back buttons with the pen and have them respond.

Last edited:

FIREONHIGH

May 17, 2009
i dont like the physical home button,but not enough to keep me from buying it, i think next year it will be all cap.buttons.oh well i'll get it when its available:D

bbobarino

Jun 27, 2011
pawtucket
What do you guys mean when u say no multi windows ? I have a gs3 and really weighing if is worth getting the note 2 or sticking with the gs3 or the nexus 4 but thats another story

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

mysticfrog

Dec 11, 2011
Fort Meyer Fla
Well, I'm coming from the note 1 and the difference is like night and day! Aside from the beastly specs, the feel is just so incredible! ! But this isnt a thread about all the things you love about the phone, it's about what you don't. I'll start.
PLEASE DONT MENTION MULTIWINDOW. I'M PISSED OFF TO.

Not a fan of the amount of time it takes to turn on when you press the power button, meaning wake up time...

I'M OUT!!

YeAH I WENT TO THE TMOBILE store and the three display devices all have the same issue as well..

Reactions: commeo

sprintuser1977

Aug 30, 2011
Barney,Ga
I have to say, and I'm a phone whore to the extreme, this is the damndest near perfect phone I've ever owned. I have no complaints yet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The lack of developers and Roms for us tmobile users.

Also, don't know why people are complaining, but I personally love the new touch wiz. I've used sense and was on plain jelly bean on my Nexus, but love this one. It looks real nice and is very functional. Much better than sense.

i have only 1 issue... the back button needs to be on the left side not the right
    Im having one problem and only one.. volume when put at the loudest causes some distortion and the audio is loud but like really really loud so loud it distorts. Only solution is lowering it 2 steps under max then the audio quality sounds pretty good. Anyone else having this problem??

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Same here. I wish the volume was loud and clear. Not loud and distorted.