2 problems with the Note 2 that I have noticed. Anyone else?

Search This thread

Milkman00

Jun 12, 2010
Tampa Bay, Florida
  1. On my lock screen I have it show weather and news (my device is protected by a password). The weather is wrong (still shows a moon), and the news doesn't update unless I hit refresh. Anyway to get this stuff to refresh occasionally on its own???
  2. The gallery loads VERRRRRY VERRRRRY slow. I had to download Gallery ICS to use it, because the built in one seemed unusable.
I noticed the refresh problem on my tablet as well, but just wondering if you guys had suggestions.

Granna

Oct 9, 2012
I am not familiar with your gallery issue but you can set your lock screen ticker to refresh at 3, 6, 12 hours with the default at none (manual refresh), just go into your lock screen settings to change.

FromToronto

Sep 1, 2010
I have over 200+ pics on my sd card and the gallery runs smooth, without issues.

Regarding weather/news, I noticed mine wasn't updating until I checked the lock screen settings and noticed it was set not to sync - I changed it to sync every 3 hrs and how it works perfectly ;)

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

Are your pics on SD card or is it on the phone's memory? Does it run smoothly after pictures load?

drksilenc

Jan 8, 2009
Pittsburgh
question what class of sd card are you using and no not the size. is it a class 2 sd card? if so there is your problem. also weather needs to be set to the refresh interval you have set but it usually updates whenever you unlock your phone.

lazy012

Dec 24, 2011
  1. On my lock screen I have it show weather and news (my device is protected by a password). The weather is wrong (still shows a moon), and the news doesn't update unless I hit refresh. Anyway to get this stuff to refresh occasionally on its own???
  2. The gallery loads VERRRRRY VERRRRRY slow. I had to download Gallery ICS to use it, because the built in one seemed unusable.
I noticed the refresh problem on my tablet as well, but just wondering if you guys had suggestions.

I feel the same way about both your problems although the first one doesnt bother me as much

The gallery loading extremely slowing is an issue although Im not sure if it something to do with me rooting/installing a rom on this one. I installed the rom pretty much as soon as I got home. I have over 300+ pix I transfered from my computer and it takes a good 20-30sec for everything to load
up on the initial screen.

Err0xx

Feb 24, 2011
Birmingham, Alabama
I have 9600 photos on a 64gb sd card and about another 2000 photos in Google+ that load and my gallery is *****ing fast. Absolutely no load/render lag whatsoever. Touchwiz gallery is the best gallery in Android currently and I have a one x, gs3, Nexus 4, and a droid razr maxx sitting on my coffee table.

No idea about the other thing bc I don't use it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

B

B.Jay

Both of your listed "problems" are not problems at all. This thread is quite pointless.
Because you don't have the problem it makes the thread pointless right? Please go back under the rock you crawled out from. Your post is quite pointless.

This message goes to BOTH of you: The way you tend to interact with each other does NOT conform to how we want people approach each other. "This thread is quite pointless" is not only rude, you also fail to make a valid point about why the thread would be pointless. Just because you don't observe the problem doesn't mean the question is pointless.

"Please go back under the rock you crawled out from" is also a very unfit reply. If you feel a reply is insulting or not within our rules please use the report function to report the offending post and let us deal with it, instead of writing up a snotty reply and possibly get yourself into trouble as well.

Consider this a verbal warning. At the next clash we'll start handing out well deserved warning for flaming/trolling.

Now take a break from the Intertubes and cool down.

jay_jay_n

Mar 22, 2006
www.jaysgadgets.com
i did notice a issue with a sort of lag on the gallery on load when you have facebook gallery sync, and i have a few thousand photos in there , but i noticed a issue that it would hang when i would be in any app that lets me select a photo by opening up the gallery then it would hang there, i'm thinking of just uninstalling facebook then re-installing it without the sync gallery option since i can't find a way to just disable it period.

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
i did notice a issue with a sort of lag on the gallery on load when you have facebook gallery sync, and i have a few thousand photos in there , but i noticed a issue that it would hang when i would be in any app that lets me select a photo by opening up the gallery then it would hang there, i'm thinking of just uninstalling facebook then re-installing it without the sync gallery option since i can't find a way to just disable it period.

Settings then Facebook under accounts and sync, then click your name and untick Sync Gallery. You may have to wipe Media Storage and Gallery data too.

Reactions: jay_jay_n

ImYourMacDaddy

Jan 4, 2012
Settings then Facebook under accounts and sync, then click your name and untick Sync Gallery. You may have to wipe Media Storage and Gallery data too.

Ditto this. Facebook sync was slowing my gallery waaaaay down. I changed the Facebook gallery sync to None. It took a re-sync before all of the photos disappeared from my gallery, which is now much faster like it originally was.

Mwinggg

Jul 27, 2011
what to set to make facebook news showing on lockscreen?

i enable it and it doesnt show anything

news or stocks show up no problem

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Add These to the list:(