Turn on LTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Markor13

Jul 19, 2010
Las Vegas
Does anyone have the link handy for the post on how to activate LTE on the Note 2 (by popping out your sim) ? I searched for it, but didnt find it for some reason.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Hgaara

Apr 13, 2009
That's not really turning on lte. I believe it was just to have LTE as a option, but it's not like it'll do you any good.

Sent from my SGH-T889

Markor13

Jul 19, 2010
Las Vegas
Why wouldn't do me any good if I had the option to select it? I live in Vegas they keep turning it on and off while they test it. I was at the T Mobile store today and one of the reps had their Note running on LTE.

Last edited:

KillaHurtz

Aug 13, 2010
Albuquerque
There's already a person with it activated in a test device. He said it has new apns and is based on android 4.1.2, so when you see that update we will have LTE. Right now it is currently only going to be active in Las Vegas, and Kansas City.

Reactions: justjager

shinkinrui

Oct 8, 2009
But it WILL work- in theory- once Tmobile releases the update that unlocks LTE.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

winlinmac001

Jul 10, 2011
I went to *#22693# and came across an LTE option on my T-Mobile Note 2, has it always been there? I thought the bands were not enabled yet.
Currently on LL4 .

engi19

Dec 23, 2012
Will lte work with t mobile note 2 in att

Tbh id rather wait for the tmobile lte than try and use att. I had my friend at work run speedtest on his and its not much more faster than our hspa+ right now.

My connection on average is around 13-15mps, ive peaked at 22mps too before. The att one that was ran was at about 19mps. Since att is realease 9 lte and tmobile is said to be releasing release 10 lte. Im going to wait and see.

Hopefully the 2 people here can post their speeds with the test devices to see what we can look forward too.

JOSE89178

Jul 12, 2012
Nevada
Curious, when lte comes out, would it consume a lot more battery power than the current 4g?

If your connected to LTE you should see about an 30 min to an hour less of battery life, if your connected to "4G" (3G) but your phone is constantly searching for a LTE signal you going to lose about 1:30-2 hours.

I just bought some batteries to deal with this :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359405105134.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359405105134.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 923
Reactions: winlinmac001

milan03

Feb 22, 2011
New York City
If your connected to LTE you should see about an 30 min to an hour less of battery life, if your connected to "4G" (3G) but your phone is constantly searching for a LTE signal you going to lose about 1:30-2 hours.

Any news on LTE in Vegas? Can you post your screens of ServiceMode or speedtests?

THanks

winlinmac001

Jul 10, 2011
Thanks that explains why my battery life has been fluctuating. Even when I am connected to 3G my phone still displays 4G and the battery life consumed is the same when I am connected to either type. Is there anyway to turn on the data connection automatically whenever a particular app requires it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no update for tomorrow.

Just wait and see.

Ill say it...."jose is full of caca!!!!!!!!"

Well 2x5Mhz LTE they're deploying in Kansas City can only do 37mbps down and 12mbps up per sector. They don't have enough AWS spectrum there to deploy wider channel LTE. Speeds are gonna be about half of Verizon's LTE network, but latency and upload will significantly improve over HSPA+ network.

Also, keep in mind that T-Mobile downgraded their DC-HSPA+ network in Kansas City in order to deploy more spectrally efficient LTE. They are keeping HSPA+21 in both AWS and PCS.

This doesn't mean that T-Mobile isn't gonna deploy 2x10Mhz 73mbps capable LTE network in other markets. They claimed that 90% of top 25 markets will have 2x10Mhz LTE. Which means that Kansas and two more markets will have 2x5Mhz 37mbps LTE. Wait and see... :)
    The upgrade to lte will probably not result in signifigant increases in download speed. The download speed will stay pretty close to what hspa+ is now (I'm talking in general terms, of course- for areas where they update the backhaul as well, download speeds will increase. But in most areas the backhaul update is already completed).

What LTE really improves upon is ping time and upload speeds. The ping is important for everyday browsing- the faster the ping, the less the latency and the faster the pages/data will actually start loading for you :)

Just forget about it bro.

I have good news that I can say. T-Mobile customers should be getting "A" update tommorow afternoon :)