Some photos I took while on a trip. Loving the phone. Replaced my nikon d700

Search This thread

feddexx69

Jul 8, 2013
Great pics

Wow amazing pics, I haven't found the perfect configuration for my XZ1..could you share in what mode you took them (Resolution, Superior Auto, Manual?? HDR on??)

nikkorob

Nov 16, 2013
Cool ! For a month now, i dont think my z1 could actually take photos like that. When i try to take a photo of mysekf, i always get half of my face blur. Maybe its bec of some autofocus malfunction, and when i use flash, i get pale complexion, feels like in a horror movie. But I find ur photos amazing , and would absolutely try taking pictures on like that.

Vaith

Feb 15, 2011
Is it hard to post this few photos to xda forum? You must post link to your OWN gallery? It's not advertising site, it's developer site.

Wysłane z mojego C6903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

maxusz

Feb 6, 2009
I can't upload photos to the forum and I don't know the absolut url since my blog doesn't allow right click!

It's not like i'm earning money with clicks jeez.

I took the photos in manual mode 8 MP, iso 50, touch to focus and adjusted the colors with exposure compensation. I've also used scene mode landscape with sucess.

I don't mess with automatic superior. Indoors I don't get so good results... and usually go manual with iso max 800 so that the noise correction don't mess with the photos.

But when the light is right, it can take great pics!

Reactions: soulreaver99

meliusvitam

Dec 8, 2013
Whoa, looking stunning there. At some points I know that Z1 camera is truly decent in terms of pixel, but its ability to capture these awesome photos is something. Also it's because you're a photographer, ain't you ? That's why they turn out this amazing.

maxusz

Feb 6, 2009
Yes i'm a professional photographer.. but I did nothing fancy with the photos.. just a little bit of contrast. It's just a matter of taste.

I choose 8 MPs because with 20 the format is 4:3 and I kind of like framing landscapes with 16:9..

ssuukk

Why 8 mp mode instead of 20?

Sent from my C6906

I'd assume because 20MP has hardly acceptable quality due to ridiculous amount of noise. mind that 20 MP is the pixel count of professional full frame cameras like Canon 5d mk2. on FF the count adds some quality, on microscopic phone sensors it just adds noise (not to mention that to have a lens that can benefit from 20MP you would have to spend several times more than the cost of xperia z1). limiting photo size to 8mp allows some better noise handling, as data from several pixels can be averaged.

Reactions: maxusz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please teach us how to take pictures like you do with the z1 :)
    The best camera is the one you have with you. That's why I bought the xperia z1:

http://filipedasilva.pt/blog/?p=512
    I can't upload photos to the forum and I don't know the absolut url since my blog doesn't allow right click!

It's not like i'm earning money with clicks jeez.

I took the photos in manual mode 8 MP, iso 50, touch to focus and adjusted the colors with exposure compensation. I've also used scene mode landscape with sucess.

I don't mess with automatic superior. Indoors I don't get so good results... and usually go manual with iso max 800 so that the noise correction don't mess with the photos.

But when the light is right, it can take great pics!
    Why 8 mp mode instead of 20?

Sent from my C6906

I'd assume because 20MP has hardly acceptable quality due to ridiculous amount of noise. mind that 20 MP is the pixel count of professional full frame cameras like Canon 5d mk2. on FF the count adds some quality, on microscopic phone sensors it just adds noise (not to mention that to have a lens that can benefit from 20MP you would have to spend several times more than the cost of xperia z1). limiting photo size to 8mp allows some better noise handling, as data from several pixels can be averaged.