[TUT] Unbricking your Excalibur

Search This thread

tictictac99

Apr 2, 2009
i don't use qmat ver 446. i don't get SD card serial from WINCE Device. Errors "Could not open connection. Device connected?". Please, help me...

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
i don't use qmat ver 446. i don't get SD card serial from WINCE Device. Errors "Could not open connection. Device connected?". Please, help me...
Your Spare HTC device has to be started up, in Windows, and sync'd to a PC. An Activesync connection actually has to be established.

chaien78

Mar 31, 2009
Hi all,

I had tried method 3 with goldcard. All went well. However, I put back the SD card into my PC and found 1 file, 1 folder not empty as mentioned. Then I ignored those and followed other steps. Now tricolors appeared again but still error 270 came. Pls advise. Thanks

Attachments

• serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 46
  • serial1.jpg
    serial1.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
Hi all,

I had tried method 3 with goldcard. All went well. However, I put back the SD card into my PC and found 1 file, 1 folder not empty as mentioned. Then I ignored those and followed other steps. Now tricolors appeared again but still error 270 came. Pls advise. Thanks
Did you format the SD card in your PC with FAT32 before creating the Goldcard? There shouldn't be any files or folders on it after you create a Goldcard until you copy RUU_Signed.nbh to it as EXCAIMG.nbh.

chaien78

Mar 31, 2009
Did you format the SD card in your PC with FAT32 before creating the Goldcard? There shouldn't be any files or folders on it after you create a Goldcard until you copy RUU_Signed.nbh to it as EXCAIMG.nbh.

Firstly I formatted SD in my PC but after had copying file, it alerts unformatted then i inserted it again in donor HTC, formatted, followed instructions. Pls advise

chaien78

Mar 31, 2009
I got my htc back. hahaha. Problem was RUU_signed.nbh ----> you must get it from original ROM not cooked ones. Secondly, you should REMOVE SD card after the SD reading success before restart connections further, otherwise, error 260...

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2009
flashing to new rom

Hi guys. I've tried searching and reading the sticky and everything, but I haven't found an answer to this. I have Ricky's Kavana rom right now and if I want to install ookba's new rom, do I need to reflash to the original dash rom first before flashing to ookba's? Or can I just flash directly to ookba's rom from Ricky's? thanks

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Hi guys. I've tried searching and reading the sticky and everything, but I haven't found an answer to this. I have Ricky's Kavana rom right now and if I want to install ookba's new rom, do I need to reflash to the original dash rom first before flashing to ookba's? Or can I just flash directly to ookba's rom from Ricky's? thanks

No, you don't have to reflash back to your stock rom. You can just download Ookba's 3VO ROM, extract the contains and flash.

Important thing to look out for:
Must not have SD in phone, phone must be app unlocked

Good luck and enjoy your new ROM

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
I have T-Mobile Dash (spl 1.10.0000). There is a problem when updating new rom. Now my excalibur stuck at the first boot screen.
I've tried many methods to unbrick, but no success event Goldcard method.
Any idea for helping me. Thanks.

chubbichubbi

Jan 18, 2009
YEAH!!!!!
With the "goldcard" method i put my loved O2 XDA Cosmo after 11 months back to life!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you very much!!!!

ookba

Oct 12, 2007
LA
I have T-Mobile Dash (spl 1.10.0000). There is a problem when updating new rom. Now my excalibur stuck at the first boot screen.
I've tried many methods to unbrick, but no success event Goldcard method.
Any idea for helping me. Thanks.
You should be able to simply flash a TMO factory ROM from bootloader. Still having the issue?

nhathoa

Dec 5, 2006
You should be able to simply flash a TMO factory ROM from bootloader. Still having the issue?
It always stop upgrading at 3% or 4% of progress with many factory Roms.
With goldcard, it shows "checking SD" in 1 sec then back to bootloader screen. Tried many micro SD, many T-Mobile factory Roms.
Now my T-Mobile Dash is still dead. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The camera key on the Excalibur is the one right to the space bar. You should notice a little camera symbol on it.