Kies Mini Specifically for Vibrant... and JI6 update instructions from Samsung

Search This thread

GreggoryD502

Sep 10, 2010
Louisville
Any way to update thru the phone, without a pc? Mine is dead, havent had time to do anything about it yet.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

tweak89

Aug 1, 2008
Worked great for me! The full version of Kies would always fail to download the update, Kies Mini did it all in just a few minutes.

rajkumar484

Oct 2, 2009
Coimbatore, India
Problem is getting Interesting

i can change in to any wallpaper so it didn't happen to me. thank God I had a spare battery to get this update.:D

I tried reboot, it didnt help..

I noticed this though... The new wall paper that i am trying to change to is displayed when i change my launcher..Again, in ADW i wont be able to change wallpaper... And when i go to TWiz, i see the last one that i was trying to change to.

EDIT: The second reboot did fix this.. Thanks Ryan.

Last edited:

FamousDroid

Oct 9, 2010
im getting "The application twlauncher( process com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly.please try again????" And im also getting "the process android .process.media has stopped unexpectedly. try again"

wtf? i did all that i was supposed to do. everything fine till reboot then got those messages. anyone have a fix on what i need to do?

ShinyBuddha

Samsung officially releases the JI6 Manual update through KIES MINI FOR VIBRANT. ...
Wow..really? I mean like really????!? Nice to see a proactive approach to manufacture support. Yet another reason to love this phone.

(sry, I tend to praise more than *****/whine...)

edit:
@FamousDroid: Were you stock? If not, please list all mods/fixes applied to your phone. Lag fixes should be disabled, launcher pro should be disabled, etc...

Most likely the easiest way for you to get the JI6 goodness it to flash via Odin. Directions are in the Vibrant Bible on the Dev section of the Vibrant sub-forum and/or the Tips & Tricks sticky thread in this sub-forum.

Last edited:

Yellow C6

Jul 29, 2010
Worked smoothly for me. I was rooted and had mobile AP and gps file fix from JI2. No problem with the update. I lost root and mobile AP but that's an easy fix.

FamousDroid

Oct 9, 2010
had oclf, and battery mod, think a disabled oclf but think that might be the problem. so what should i do now? lol im screwed?

RaDoLLa

Aug 9, 2010
BrookLyn,Ny
It upgraded smoothly but on restart i started to panic a bit since it hung on the galaxy S screen for about 2 to 3 minutes lol....once it turnt on I was a happy camper.

ward360

Apr 20, 2008
I updated through kies mini on my windows 64bit ultimate box. No problems at all.
I put my phone back to stock before I flashed.
I did have root, oclf, and a bunch of stock apps deleted, I nandroided back and got rid of root and oclf as well as deleted any update.zip's that were lying around. Gonna do my wifes stock phone as soon as it charges.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

oka1

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 4, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
No problem on win 7 64

I loaded it and loaded without problems. I loaded so when 2.2 comes out I can load from Samsung.........whenever that is

You know i read alot of complaints but I have really none of the problems everyone seems to be lamenting about.

I installed the voodoo lag fix rooted/customized the rom and did a simple gps fix in about 30 mins and this baby has been humming my quadrant bench is 1870 and my linpack is 10.362. So either some people here are messing with the phone until the mess it up or .....??? not sure I have just found this phone WAY easier to toy with than my other previous phones

iynfynity

Sep 21, 2010
if i had the updated my phone thru odin, would you advice that get this update instead because it came from samsung?

201reyes

Aug 27, 2006
if i had the updated my phone thru odin, would you advice that get this update instead because it came from samsung?

I did this update on my wife's vibrant, all good to go....could not use ndrive previously due to gps issues, but now gps rocks, ndrive working great, media hub looks promising. phone seems snappier...