Case with integrated USB keyboard

Search This thread

cleatis

Jul 25, 2007
Gulf Coast
Yeah, where did you get it? I bought two off ebay which had to have the left side tab moved down. They were $16 and change with 9.99 shipping for a seller in Brooklyn, NY. Bestelectronics is the seller. Wifey and I love them. Really very very happy with them.

+1 for this seller, I just got mine after I ordered it from eBay. A butter knife, soldering iron and super glue and I was in business in a half hour.

rayden25

Feb 7, 2008
NYC
I do like that ebay seller. They are very nice and ship quick. I do have a problem with my two cases... they have cracked on the back by the folds. Something I think I can mend with some type of glue but I am concerned about the longevity of this case... I love it. I don't want it to break. :(

justauser

Feb 28, 2006
got case, but short cable and bad clip position

I got my case from Best Electronics (via EBay). Nice case BUT:

- clips are in places the block the USB port
- the cable from the keyboard is very short. only works if you mount tablet upside down, so USB is on right, BUT the clip bloacks the port.
- clips aren't tight

I am going to see if I can fix the clips, but DON'T BUY this if you want the keyboad to work without hacking.

rayden25

Feb 7, 2008
NYC
Yes, the cable is short, but if you run it behind the tablet, between the two bottom clips, it fits fine. I think it was understood by every one that the clips need to be modified on all of them. I modified the clips on mine in 2 minutes. As far as the clips being loose, you can bend them in or use some velcro to hold the tab in position.

justauser

Feb 28, 2006
Nope, cable too short

I ran the cable between the 2 clips and it is too short to reach the upper left where the USB slot is.

rayden25

Feb 7, 2008
NYC
Hmm, odd. They must have a couple of different models. Contact them, I know they will exchange it for you.

balazer

Apr 22, 2008
Has anyone tried this keyboard on a Viewsonic G Tablet running the VEGAn-Tab build? I'd read that VEGAn-Tab is picky about keyboards.

The Old One

Dec 4, 2010
Indio
does anyone know the pin-out on the dock port so this could be modified to connect to the dock rather than the side USB?

sthrnfat

Dec 24, 2010
Charlotte, NC

I see two options on their site. One is $15 and one is $25. Is the $25 version that you picked up made of real leather? Hard to tell from the pics. Seem pretty durable?

Also - to use the USB connection did you have to take off the cover for the USB? Is there an option for mounting to the Mini USB port? Don't guess the cover is necessary - other than keeping you from pushing the sd card accidentally - but it seems to be recessed pretty well.

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
I see two options on their site. One is $15 and one is $25. Is the $25 version that you picked up made of real leather? Hard to tell from the pics. Seem pretty durable?

Also - to use the USB connection did you have to take off the cover for the USB? Is there an option for mounting to the Mini USB port? Don't guess the cover is necessary - other than keeping you from pushing the sd card accidentally - but it seems to be recessed pretty well.

I could me wrong, but I personally think they are the same product. the $24.99 one includes free shipping and the 14.99 one does not (I think they chatge something like $11 for shipping).

As for the USB... the picture shows a standard USB plug, that what your going to have to use.

marti766

Dec 6, 2010
Rojas,

You're exactly correct, I called them. This case is very nice, I bought it and received it about 1.5 weeks later. I've been pleased with it, the USB keyboard works right when you plug it in, the tablet fits perfectly in it, and it grasps it pretty well. Only thing I might add is another velcro tab to hold it on the other side to prevent it from slipping out.

aasoror

Jun 24, 2008
Kitchener, ON
Xiaomi Mi A2
Which is Which ?!?

Rojas,

You're exactly correct, I called them. This case is very nice, I bought it and received it about 1.5 weeks later. I've been pleased with it, the USB keyboard works right when you plug it in, the tablet fits perfectly in it, and it grasps it pretty well. Only thing I might add is another velcro tab to hold it on the other side to prevent it from slipping out.

I am about to order this, but just want to be clear about my options:
witglobal is offering two variations:
There is 2 versions,one with the top retention tabs is only for Flytouch 2 and the other one with left and right retention tabs is for others.
The one for flytouch 2 is improved according to the customers' requirements. it has top retention tabs and Left side retention tabs.
So version one need a mod to reroute the retention tab, version two which is missing the tab in question will need an additional velcro tab.

Right ? so whats is currently recommended ? I am more inclined for version two.

TIA

Edit: do you guys recommend other more local resellers ? I would rather order from an ebayer who actually have stock somewhere in north america rather than waiting for 15 ~ 30 days for my item to arrive from China.

Last edited:

xjarl

Dec 7, 2010
I just want to say that: The case material is PU.all the price will not more than $15.

tat2boy

Dec 4, 2010
so whats is currently recommended ? I am more inclined for version two.

TIA

Edit: do you guys recommend other more local resellers ? I would rather order from an ebayer who actually have stock somewhere in north america rather than waiting for 15 ~ 30 days for my item to arrive from China.
Knowing what I know now, I would probably still stick with the case that has the top and bottom retention tabs. With this version I don't have to do the tab relocation in order to free up the microSD and USB port on the left. I just need to add some velcro strips to keep the g-tab from sliding.

As for any US dealers I can't help you there. Good luck.

aasoror

Jun 24, 2008
Kitchener, ON
Xiaomi Mi A2
Knowing what I know now, I would probably still stick with the case that has the top and bottom retention tabs. With this version I don't have to do the tab relocation in order to free up the microSD and USB port on the left. I just need to add some velcro strips to keep the g-tab from sliding.

As for any US dealers I can't help you there. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply, now I am confused, I thought the modified version they are selling has no right tab but has the left one.

I am just confused, are there 2 or 3 versions out there ?!
- one with left and right tabs. (all devices except flytouch 2)
- one with top tabs. (flytouch 2)
- one with top and left tabs. (flytouch 2 improved)

tat2boy

Dec 4, 2010
Thanks for your reply, now I am confused, I thought the modified version they are selling has no right tab but has the left one.

I am just confused, are there 2 or 3 versions out there ?!
- one with left and right tabs. (all devices except flytouch 2)
- one with top tabs. (flytouch 2)
- one with top and left tabs. (flytouch 2 improved)
Yeah their email response back to me describing their different cases confused me as well. I would probably email them first asking them what options are available to you before you place your order just to ensure you get the case w/the tab configuration you want. Also be aware that English is not their primary language so communication back and forth may be a little confusing (as you saw in the emailed response I got from them).

aasoror

Jun 24, 2008
Kitchener, ON
Xiaomi Mi A2
witglobal Releasing a GTab custom made case+KB

OK, I have used the online chat, and according to Li from witglobal, they are releasing a custom made version of the popular case+KB.

- Case will have top and bottom retention tabs and 4 velcro strips at the corners.
- Price will be $25.99 (shipped).
- Currently in production availability within 3~5 days.

I am holding on my order till they release this, should be much more convenient.
Hope the info helps someone ;)

y0chang

Nov 20, 2008
I ordered one from bestelectronics on ebay. He says he wont get another shipment till Thurs because of the backups due to the weather. At least he did give me a message though about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will be very impressed with how the keyboard portion works. The arrow keys and everything work just as planned. Hell, the Windows key on the keyboard even activates the "menu" key! Esc acts like the back arrow, etc. The keyboard "just works" when plugged in. I'm using TnT Lite 2.2 and it works immediately just as you would expect.

Now to get PSXdroid and other emulators setup with that keyboard..... :).

Just a quick FYI....since this screen is not resistive (thank god) the stylus that comes with it does not work. I'm sure you can go by a knock-off stylus for iPad that has the correct composition to trigger a capacitive touchscreen and slide it into the little holder for the stylus thats on the inside spine of the case.

More on the "cutting" i had to do and the quality of the case. Its basically (on each side) two pieces of faux leather that are glued (i think hot glue / rubber cement / gorilla glue?) so...it seems cheap to the eye. But i kinda like that...since i had to move that left "leg" anyways...I have a jar of rubber cement and i just re-lathered the two layers with it and sat something flat and heavy on it for about an hour and its still good.

But again, in my opinion, totally worth the $28.00. I've seen just a kickstand for iPad for 33.00 at Walmart. So....yeah....this is a steal until tablet accessories drop in price. The kickstand on this bad boy is primitive (kickstand with cloth strap strapping it to the case) but works fantastically! Also, apparently the kickstand itself has some sort of magnetism to the case....so it doesn't just "flop open" when ever you hold the case weird.

Here's a super-crappy youtube i just did to show off somethings on the case. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WYXEmgDu0E

Hope this helps. Please feel free to ask more questions as I'm glad to answer them.
    -h8
    Two Cases Arrived Today. WOW!

Ordered on Dec 8th - shipped Dec 10th. Arrived today. Quality problems described earlier in the thread are GONE! This is a very high-quality stand/keyboard - no need to cut and/or glue anything. As described earlier the keyboard worked straight out of the box (TnT v 2.2). No compatibility issues at all - function keys and Windows key worked as advertised. My son has a $60 iPad case (and an iPad, ugh!) This blows it away - better quality, better looks and a keyboard that works. I'm typing this on it now ...

Happy day ...
    witglobal Releasing a GTab custom made case+KB

OK, I have used the online chat, and according to Li from witglobal, they are releasing a custom made version of the popular case+KB.

- Case will have top and bottom retention tabs and 4 velcro strips at the corners.
    - Price will be $25.99 (shipped).
    - Currently in production availability within 3~5 days.

I am holding on my order till they release this, should be much more convenient.
    Hope the info helps someone ;)
    Some pics..

Here are 2 pics of the case I just received. This one was made for the G-tablet.

There are 4 clips - one at the top, one on the left, and two on the bottom.
    The USB cable is plenty long. Works great!
    I wonder what we the differences are from this one and the one that's going to be available on 2/20. This one looks fine.

The one available on 2/20 wont have the left tab instead 4 velcros on the corners to secure the Gtab.