Safestrap for s3? Any ROMs I can get I don't know which ones work

Search This thread

bennyboy2120

Jan 7, 2014
Chicago
Does anyone know if the s4 ROMs work like the play edition if not what does and do I need I specific safestrap?

Also just I side question: Can I downgrade using Odin to 4.1.2?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Does anyone know if the s4 ROMs work like the play edition if not what does and do I need I specific safestrap?

Do not flash any rom not meant for the Verizon S3 (d2vzw aka SCH-I535). Am I right to assume you are on the VRUCML1 4.3 OTA? It has a locked bootloader and prevents you from Odin flashing any firmware that pre-dates 4.3 VRUCML1. Flashing anything in Odin will lead to a hard brick unless it is explicitly the VRUCML1 4.3 stock image. Do not use anything to unlock your bootloader, you will also hardbrick. You should get the idea by now that you can flash one thing in Odin and that is the VRUCML1 4.3 stock image.

If you are on the VRUCML1 update, you need to use Saferoot to gain root access. Then Safestrap to be able to flash VRUCML1 4.3 based custom roms. Only VRUCML1 or "ML1" roms are compatible with Safestrap. AOSP is incompatible with Safestrap, there is no timetable or even the hint of future compatibility. Also, if you want working wifi then you need to flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each clean flash of a VRUCML1 rom. These kernel modules are linked in the Safestrap thread as well. Good luck and have fun reading up.

Reactions: bennyboy2120

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Do not flash any rom not meant for the Verizon S3 (d2vzw aka SCH-I535). Am I right to assume you are on the VRUCML1 4.3 OTA? It has a locked bootloader and prevents you from Odin flashing any firmware that pre-dates 4.3 VRUCML1. Flashing anything in Odin will lead to a hard brick unless it is explicitly the VRUCML1 4.3 stock image. Do not use anything to unlock your bootloader, you will also hardbrick. You should get the idea by now that you can flash one thing in Odin and that is the VRUCML1 4.3 stock image.

If you are on the VRUCML1 update, you need to use Saferoot to gain root access. Then Safestrap to be able to flash VRUCML1 4.3 based custom roms. Only VRUCML1 or "ML1" roms are compatible with Safestrap. AOSP is incompatible with Safestrap, there is no timetable or even the hint of future compatibility. Also, if you want working wifi then you need to flash the VRUCML1 kernel modules after each clean flash of a VRUCML1 rom. These kernel modules are linked in the Safestrap thread as well. Good luck and have fun reading up.