What ROMs can I flash, and how?

Search This thread

Jayfeather787

Nov 16, 2013
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T. An I337 with a locked bootloader. It is running Android 4.3 after I followed the downgrage guide from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50667360
So I am running a baseband version of NB1, and a build number of MK2. Everything I read says to then install Safestrap, and then flash a specific ROM that works with Safe Strap. However, under the Android Original Development, there are a bunch of ROMs that don't need safe strap and it seems like flashing regular ROMs. Why does everything I read state that I can only flash ROMs that work with Safe strap? Do the ROMs listed under Android Original Development all work with Safe Strap? I am very confused here.

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
More than likely NOTHING in the "Android ORIGINAL development" thread will work for you, and won't work on safestrap. Those are for those of us who got the phone when it came with MDB or MDL Firmwares that were able to use the Loki boot loader bypass. Which in turn let us use CWM or TWRP Custom recoveries. Also allowed us to flash kernels, which most if not all in the ORIGINAL development section will do/need to work.

For you on MK2/ NB1/NC1 you can ONLY use safestrap and its recovery. You CANNOT flash CWM or TWRP. You CANNOT flash kernels. So you need Roms that use the stock kernel. MANY ROM in the " Android Development" forum do work with safestrap. But do your research first. This means ONLY Touchwiz based Roms and possibly the GPE based ROM/s.
So NO Cyanogenmod, AOKP, or Other AOSP based Roms will work for you.

Reactions: Jayfeather787

Jayfeather787

Nov 16, 2013
More than likely NOTHING in the "Android ORIGINAL development" thread will work for you, and won't work on safestrap. Those are for those of us who got the phone when it came with MDB or MDL Firmwares that were able to use the Loki boot loader bypass. Which in turn let us use CWM or TWRP Custom recoveries. Also allowed us to flash kernels, which most if not all in the ORIGINAL development section will do/need to work.

For you on MK2/ NB1/NC1 you can ONLY use safestrap and its recovery. You CANNOT flash CWM or TWRP. You CANNOT flash kernels. So you need Roms that use the stock kernel. MANY ROM in the " Android Development" forum do work with safestrap. But do your research first. This means ONLY Touchwiz based Roms and possibly the GPE based ROM/s.
Thank you very much, that is all I needed to know.

G

GuestX0019

If you haven't and want more info read up in these two threads:

[Index] All Things ATT, MK2 etc in General Section

HashCodes SafeStrap thread in Development Section

:good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.