STUPID Sense 3.6 you suck!!!!!!

Search This thread

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
I wanted to let you know your thread inspired me to actually PUBLICLY share some of the crap I do.. what I just posted has everything working(as you ordered it, lol)- except I couldn't get the phone and contacts working(so those are still HTC).. they just seem too tied into the system.
Anyways, so here is a link to the ROM thread if you want to try it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=25467890

I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO TRY YOUR ROM OUT.... I JUST READ THE DESCRIPTION IT LOOKS GOOD AS HELL....

But idk how to reroot my phone.... i still have s-on .... i have been away from xda for a few days and idk if they came out with a root option for ics leak yet....

and I am absolutely flattered that you were inspired by my post.... I am glad my post got so many people talking, and thinking. This makes me happy!

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
"Relax" Lmao funny. But yeah I felt the same way, 3.6 sucks bad it really does take away from ics. I wonder if 4.0 sucks too. Anyone had a chance to use and compare it to 3.6?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

if 3.6 sucks.... more than likely HTC found a way to screw up 4.0 as well.... SENSE was a great way to make stock gingerbread crap go away..... but ICS is the best the way it is.... and HTC can't get with the program...

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
I WOULD LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO TRY YOUR ROM OUT.... I JUST READ THE DESCRIPTION IT LOOKS GOOD AS HELL....

But idk how to reroot my phone.... i still have s-on .... i have been away from xda for a few days and idk if they came out with a root option for ics leak yet....

and I am absolutely flattered that you were inspired by my post.... I am glad my post got so many people talking, and thinking. This makes me happy!

All you have to do is unlock the bootloader and then install a custom recovery, then the superuser program. I obtained root after flashing my stock Amaze.

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
Why would anyone go for an HTC phone if they hate sense is beyond me,plus there are so many tools out there to get rid of sense complitely ,there are so many launchers out there too to replace sense, sky is not the limit guys. This is android

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

May I point out your wrongness???

First off... I got my HTC SENSE phone because at the time Gingerbread was available and stock Gingerbread sucks basket balls....... Plus I loved the idea of the dedicated camera buttons.... the bada$$ camera.........

Second of all.... While replacing launchers / sense stock apps..... you are not helping your phone.....

for instance..... Replace a the stock lockscreen with WidgetLocker like I have....... My replacement lockscreen is not acting right...... sometimes I have double lockscreens even though I turned that feature off......

Not all market apps interact in peace and harmony with Sense......

Try using RocketDial with SENSE...... go ahead.... I'll wait for the results......

Bottom line is....... Replacement apps from Market are not always the answer, specially on a Sense Rom.....

soundping

Apr 30, 2012
Southern Indiana
I Sense a Disturbance in the Force...

It would be nice to customize more. After T-Mo releases the official update I'll look forward to rooting and all that good stuff.

G

glacierguy

I understand trust me.... I am using Apex Launcher (recommended by GlacierGuy) and the fact that my dialer and everything else is still stock as hell.... it drives me crazy.......

I WAS PROMISED BY GOOGLE A KICK A$$ ROM... COOL DIALER AND ALL.....

I WONT LET HTC TAKE THAT AWAY!

Misfit installed aosp apps on their phone and replaced 3.6 apps and got it to work ok.

I'm odexed man and I have the AOSP browser and messaging app both running fine, just had to replace the sense apps with the AOSP apps. I froze the sense apps and .odex files first, then installed the AOSP apps, fixed perms, rebooted and bam they work great.

New I'm just trying to figure out how to get the AOSP dialer, it's a ***** cuz the dialer is associated with so many other apps i.e. mms, contacts etc. I'm sure the principle is the same as for the browser and messaging apps, so just alot of trial and error right now. Lol

Sent from the morgue.

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Sense 3.6

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+

Just follow the instructions here to get superuser if you don't have it - you don't technically need s-off - Once you've installed the stock ICS rom with root and you have clockworkmod or 4ext recovery on the phone, reboot into one of them, flash the superwipe script in my OP, flash the rom(and the update until I put out a full new one) and you're good to go.
There is also speed rom, same general principal - aosp-ish and all.. but think mine may have more tweaks and be more stable ;)
Misfit installed aosp apps on their phone and replaced 3.6 apps and got it to work ok.

Are you still running stock glacier? Both me and EclipzeRemix have just about all the sense taken out that can be safely removed, only stock dialer/contacts remain.. which is what I'm gonna see if I can fix now :)

mznatnat

Dec 10, 2011
Chicago, IL
Just follow the instructions here to get superuser if you don't have it - you don't technically need s-off - Once you've installed the stock ICS rom with root and you have clockworkmod or 4ext recovery on the phone, reboot into one of them, flash the superwipe script in my OP, flash the rom(and the update until I put out a full new one) and you're good to go.
There is also speed rom, same general principal - aosp-ish and all.. but think mine may have more tweaks and be more stable ;)

Are you still running stock glacier? Both me and EclipzeRemix have just about all the sense taken out that can be safely removed, only stock dialer/contacts remain.. which is what I'm gonna see if I can fix now :)

I'm gonna try this tomorrow....... last night I soft bricked my phone..... took me all night to unbrick it.... THANK GOD FOR MY NANDROID BACK UP!!!! ..... I was trucking around with kernels..... that wasn't a good idea..... so now i'm gingerbread again... so it should be easier for me to get this rom......

I figured out how to root ICS ... yay! After millions of years searching for a working SU.... lol

G

glacierguy

#1 Mission is to show Glacier what he's missing.....

#2 Mission is to get him out of stock.....

But I don't know if he's missing much ....

Everything functions on my stock. Why change? Every ROM is a modified stock. My stock has a different launcher, can get custom icons, can install a custom theme, killed cap and is debloated to my liking. What am I missing?

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Everything functions on my stock. Why change? Every ROM is a modified stock. My stock has a different launcher, can get custom icons, can install a custom theme, killed cap and is debloated to my liking. What am I missing?

I'm pretty sure the "modified stock" part will change soon.. and I can give you a zip that will take out all the bloat, add beats audio, really increase your battery life, add adreno drivers.. so far that and some aosp goodness is all my rom is rocking.
I'm only "deving" at all because I would normally make all these changes myself just like you are- I just figured I can do it in flashable zip form and maybe make a few other people happy who might not know how(and I'm learning a lot too)!

Reactions: howhi50
G

glacierguy

I'm pretty sure the "modified stock" part will change soon.. and I can give you a zip that will take out all the bloat, add beats audio, really increase your battery life, add adreno drivers.. so far that and some aosp goodness is all my rom is rocking.
I'm only "deving" at all because I would normally make all these changes myself just like you are- I just figured I can do it in flashable zip form and maybe make a few other people happy who might not know how(and I'm learning a lot too)!

That's a nice idea. :)

Pulsewave

Jan 23, 2012
Here
I have to +1 the debloated stock 3.6 man. Its a good tie over until 4.0 inevitably makes its way to the Amaze

</sensefanboyrant>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Wtf, who the hell r u? Uve been a member for barely a month, how would u know what I do in this forum.. Lol, w.e like im going to listen to someone whos barely been around for a month and has only 2 thanks, but is already trying to talk **** to someone he knows nothing about. Haha ok buddy.

And I never said people shouldnt post their oppinion about things, of course they should. I was just stating that its quite annoying how often I see people popping up in places and saying sense sucks. Its fine if u feel that way but y would ne one else care. Its just annoying, didnt realize I would start a war by saying it.

O and where are theses o-so-many threads that i have tried to play, pretend mod, as u reffered to it.

Sent from my NRGized amaze
    Via XDA premium

I asked you two to stop. Take it to PM please....

Sent from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.
    Everybody is entitled to an opinion. Lets try to be respectful of that. No baiting, flaming, or bickering please. :)

Went from my Galaxy Note i717, using XDA Premium.

You don't have to be a farmer to know what sh*t smells like.
    I hope your joking now like really.
    Android 4.0 is AOSP
    Android 4.0 Sense 3.6 is Sense.
    Of course there not 100% the same..
    Download apex launcher from the market and relax...

That is a great recommendation. I tried it this morning and love it.

Thanks gg.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2
    AOSP

Not a sense fan, give me strait AOSP or if I have to CM9.

Thanks for the effort!