Can I get gmail pushed without auto sync on?

Search This thread

travisk1982

Feb 10, 2013
I'd like to have my mail pushed but keep auto sync off. Is there a way to do this? I tried setting up as exchange but it would not connect to server.

Reactions: twanskys204

DoctorQMM

Feb 24, 2011
I'd like to have my mail pushed but keep auto sync off. Is there a way to do this? I tried setting up as exchange but it would not connect to server.
I use "Tasker" and setup 3 Profiles: 1 for when on mobile, 1 for Wifi, and 1 when connected to AC power. My auto sync is off.. and Tasker only turns in on (for xx minutes, every xx hours or minutes) to sync.. then turns it right back off. I set mine up to turn sync on for 2 minutes when I'm on 3G/4G/LTE and only sync once, every 3 hrs... on Wifi, it syncs once every 90min, and on AC power, it's always on. You can set it up any way you want (ie. duration sync is on... how often to turn on/off, etc).

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
These are great profiles man. In my internal there was folder called Tasker. I added a folder in that folder called profiles. Pasted the 3 xmls files in there and imported from Tasker application. . Till now I was using deep sleep power saver, and it was not that practical Imo. .I find the Tasker app to be a Lil difficult to learn ..Thank u again

Sent from my SGH-I317M using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Send me your profiles:D
    Here ya go.... can't send xmls via XDA attachment, so the 3 xml profiles are in "tasker.zip" along with a word doc summary.
    I use "Tasker" and setup 3 Profiles: 1 for when on mobile, 1 for Wifi, and 1 when connected to AC power. My auto sync is off.. and Tasker only turns in on (for xx minutes, every xx hours or minutes) to sync.. then turns it right back off. I set mine up to turn sync on for 2 minutes when I'm on 3G/4G/LTE and only sync once, every 3 hrs... on Wifi, it syncs once every 90min, and on AC power, it's always on. You can set it up any way you want (ie. duration sync is on... how often to turn on/off, etc).