Search This thread

dicksteele

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 4, 2010
California

greg_gorrell

Jan 6, 2009
Lewis Run
I'm using the odexed version. So im assuming that there is no way around verfiying with AT&T that the tethering is enabled on the service plan?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
I'm using the odexed version. So im assuming that there is no way around verfiying with AT&T that the tethering is enabled on the service plan?

Well if it was it would pass the entitlement check and tethering would be available.

Also you can login to your att account. It is listed separately as an option.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Well if it was it would pass the entitlement check and tethering would be available.

Also you can login to your att account. It is listed separately as an option.

If I understood the question correctly

greg_gorrell

Jan 6, 2009
Lewis Run
I switched to NET10.. they do not have a tether plan I don't believe. And all I really need it for is to send emails from my laptop while on the road. It worked nicely when I first switched and then after the 4.3 update, nothing works

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
I switched to NET10.. they do not have a tether plan I don't believe. And all I really need it for is to send emails from my laptop while on the road. It worked nicely when I first switched and then after the 4.3 update, nothing works

You bored ???

Do you have a backup ??

If the answer is yes to both try this.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2659569

I think I remember you are on this...
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2589891

The first one is just a tweaked, slightly debloated version of the one you are on.

After you get it booted, set up WiFi, APN, accounts,etc.

Try flashing my Tethering.apk

tampaboy1984

Jan 11, 2009
Zephyrhills
My tethering is working but doesn't seem like it's fully working. For example when I go on omegle video chat it doesn't load people's video feed.

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
My tethering is working but doesn't seem like it's fully working. For example when I go on omegle video chat it doesn't load people's video feed.

After flashing the file, or you have tethering plan and it just does not work ?

Are you using a laptop or something that's receiving tethered wireless from your phone?

dicksteele

Sep 4, 2010
California
Yes i flashed thefirst file posted. And yes I am tethering to my laptop.

So I'm assuming it works, running on every 4.3 custom rom you have ever run that has tethering "built" in.

That would be interesting because the flash file is that simple. It was pulled from a custom rom.

Since I've seen you in a few threads that have it enabled, not sure why you are flashing it. Unless you bounced back to stock.

KWoodhead

Nov 14, 2007
Tulsa
Yes, I'm running a stock Note 2 using 4.3 on AT&T. With the exception of rooting, adding SuperSU and GOO, those are the only changes.

Last edited:

APE992

Oct 25, 2010
Napa
Yes, I'm running a stock Note 2 using 4.3 on AT&T. With the exception of rooting, adding SuperSU and GOO, those are the only changes.

Sorry to bump this but this thread is the only thing I'm seeing that might work. I'm having the same problem after flashing the zip from page 1 where it simply says TetheringProvision has stopped working. Is there a fix for this?

If it helps any I did flash the ODEX version of the stock 4.3 ROM.