• No - I found it totally useless

Votes: 121 6.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
This is a friendly warning to people who are new to the site/new to the thread.
There has been a LOT of unnecessary posts recently from people who cannot be bothered searching starting
HERE ON PAGE 59 POST 581 onwards.

I will simply not reply or reply with "Search". Why should I help when people cannot be bothered ATTEMPTING to help themselves?

Also anyone thinking of asking either of the following questions:

1: "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY: Total Bad Block in CE: x"
2:
"After task 29, I get this output in MTTY:

ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!
ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!"
(where x is a random number)

This has been asked 100+ times in this thread so this is the final time I will answer:

IT MEANS NOTHING..NADA..ZIP! I have not experienced ANY problem with this output...Please stop asking!

There is a LOT of information in this thread. All you need is the first 4 posts or the search button OR if it is a GENUINE problem post it and I will help!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks, as all of us flashing junkies are continuously flashing devices there has been an increase in "Strange Problems" which to all intents and purposes are just “clog ups” and “bad flashes”

As we all know MTTY is the key here, but I can say from personal experience that this small piece of software is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to get working, i must have tried 15-20 different “recommended” procedures to get it work and all failed.

But I managed to find a failsafe method of getting MTTY working on Vista AND Windows 7, also x86 AND x64!! (I have all 4 windows installations and the methods detailed below worked on all)

NOTE: WORKS WITHOUT DRIVER INSTALL ON XP

If for some reason you cannot got this to work on XP do the following: (Thanks kgerry!!)

Hi,

if you run XP and you have Problems to connect to USB try following:

1. Launch ActiveSync on PC
2. Go to connection settings
3. Uncheck the Allow USB Connection
4. bring the device to bootloader.
5. Now, run mtty ...

... try again to switch from COM1 to USB and follow the instructions of perfect post 3

Hope it helps ... Kgerry

Here is how this thread works:

Post 1: Description
Post 2: Driver Installation
Post 3: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM INTERNAL STORAGE
Post 4: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM YOU SYSTEM

THANKS to:

Reb0rn - for pointing me to the light!
l2tp - for the images
lunasea - for providing me with working drivers

and of course to anyone else I forgot.

I hope this helps people!!

MG

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
Driver Installation

Pre-Cursor To Driver Installation – FOR EVERYONE (x64/x86 Vista/Win 7)

This will remove the need for users, x64 in particular, to use “Unsigned Drivers.” Also since in Vista SP2 (x64 & x86) they removed the “F8” options Completely!

Files Needed:
Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider
Remove Watermark V0.8

1: Run the Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider and select “ENABLE TEST MODE” and Press Next
2: There will be a warning to REBOOT, Press “OK”
3: Go Back to Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider Select “Exit” then Click “Next”
4: Run the “Remove Watermark V0.8” for you OS type (x64 or x84)
5: In the Command Window type “Y” and wait for the process to complete
6: Once complete REBOOT your system and begin the driver install

NOTE: If you DO NOT complete the above, some users will need to press "F8" During Bootup - (ANOTHER NOTE FOR x64 USERS, EVERY TIME YOU NEED TO USE MTTY YOU MUST REBOOT YOUR COMPUTER, HIT F8 AND SELECT: "START WINDOWS WITHOUT DIGITALLY SIGNED DRIVER CHECK")

For Info See Post Below:

I must just say that u might have to watch the x64bit drivers if they are digitally signed... Cuz neither Vista 64 nor Windows 7 64 will let u load or start those drivers if they are not digitally signed.

IF that the case and if u have installed the driver but it says that it has stopped it due to the driver not been Digitally signed u have to start windows vista/7 in "ignore digitally signed drivers" mode.

When u start the computer, keep hitting F8 and it will prompt you if u want to start in safe mode bla bla and in the bottom of that list there is an option that goes something like this:

Start Windows without Digitally signed Driver Check... or sumthing like that...

This is only if u have problems with the x64 driver... like i did... :p

BTW... u made a beautiful how-to man. Great job! :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Big thanks to maybeme for providing a host for the images!!

1: Download the relevant drivers for your system attached to this post: these work for both Vista and Win7, all you have to choose is x86 or x64

EDIT: It has been found that with different versions of Windows 7 x64 need different Active Sync Drivers... If you are using Windows x64 please try x64 AS Drivers Win 7 Tested & Working.zip FIRST!!!

2: Connect Device to PC via Active Sync, Once Connected Uncheck USB Connections,DISCONNECT DEVICE then Reboot Computer

3: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), This will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Once Computer booted, connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

4: Go to "Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager" and select Microsoft Usb Sync in Mobile Devices section (NOTE: This MAY say HTC USB Sync but as long as you select your device!!):

5: Right Click and Select "Properties" then go to Driver tab, then Select "Update Driver"

6: Choose to "Browse Computer For Driver" (the second option):

7: Select "Let Me Pick From A List...." (the second option):

8: Click "Have Disk":

9: Select the folder with downloaded driver From Step 1 and select "wceusbsh.inf" (this is the same file for x86 & x64):

10: You will get back to previous screen, then click Install

10a: WINDOWS 7 ONLY - The Below Warning will appear, Select "Install anyway":

11: The drivers will be successfully installed:

12: When you get back to "Driver Properties" check driver version. If the "Driver Date" has changed from 2nd step (2003 instead of 2007), the installation has been a success:

13: Lastly leave the device connected and in "Bootloader" and reboot you system. Upon Rebooting an "Unknown Device" is installed, this is your HTC device.

Now the Active Sync Drivers are Installed

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
MTTY - Flashing From INTERNAL STORAGE

Follow this procedure for FLASHING YOUR ROM FROM INTERNAL STORAGE AFTER MTTY

Before you start grab: mtty1.42.zip

AND ENSURE YOU HAVE HARD-SPL ON YOU DEVICE!!

Procedure:

1: Download a ROM of your Choice, RENAME the *.nbh for your ROM to: DIAMIMG.nbh

2: Copy DIAMIMG.nbh to the "Internal Storage" of your Device.

3: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), this will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

4: Run mtty1.42.exe, You will se a box showing "COM1" from this list select "USB" - If USB isn't in the list, something has gone wrong in the "Driver Installation" Section of POST 1

5: Leave default parameters, (8 bits / Flow Control NONE / Stop bits 1 / Parity None / Local Echo No) and Click OK

6: Run following commands:

6a: Press enter first to get prompt (Will Show as EITHER USB> or CMD> - Personally Mine Showed CMD>)

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
CMD>
---------------------

6b: type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
CMD>set 14 0
HTCST ÚÈHTCEUSB>
---------------------

6c: type "task 29" to get your device formatted:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 29
Format BINFS start
Fill RSVD information for block 288 to 321
CE start sector=0x14, total sector of CE and TFAT=0x14
CE start start block=321, total block=1727
ERASE block 1337 FAIL !!!
Write 0xFF start page=0x5040, total page=0x1AFC0
Format BINFS end

Cmd>
---------------------

6d: type "task 8" to ask your device reboot:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 8

Cmd>
---------------------

7: Immediately DISCONNECT your device and hold "Vol Down and Back" (Back = Small Arrow above "End Call" Button) to Initiate ROM Flash

8: After ROM flash Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Down and Circle) again, on completion "Press Vol Up To Boot" Is displayed, press "Vol Up" and allow the ROM to boot.

Attachments

• mtty1.42.zip
    17.8 KB · Views: 45,474
Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
MTTY - Flashing From USB

Before you start:

a: FULLY COMPLETE POST 1
b: grab: mtty1.42.zip

AND ENSURE YOU HAVE HARD-SPL ON YOU DEVICE!!

Procedure:

1: Bring device into bootloader (Reset + Hold Vol Down), this will show the Red, Blue, Green screen showing "Serial" - Connect device in bootloader mode to USB, the word "Serial" will change to "USB"

2: Run mtty1.42.exe, You will se a box showing "COM1" from this list select "USB" - If USB isn't in the list, something has gone wrong in the "Driver Installation" Section of POST 1

3: Leave default parameters, (8 bits / Flow Control NONE / Stop bits 1 / Parity None / Local Echo No) and Click OK

4: Run following commands:

5a: Press enter first to get prompt (Will Show as EITHER USB> or CMD> - Personally Mine Showed CMD>)

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
CMD>
---------------------

5b: type "set 14 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
CMD>set 14 0
HTCST ÚÈHTCEUSB>
---------------------

5c: type "task 29" to get your device formatted:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 29
Format BINFS start
Fill RSVD information for block 288 to 321
CE start sector=0x14, total sector of CE and TFAT=0x14
CE start start block=321, total block=1727
ERASE block 1337 FAIL !!!
Write 0xFF start page=0x5040, total page=0x1AFC0
Format BINFS end

Cmd>
---------------------

5d: type "task 8" to ask your device reboot:

---------------------
MTTY OUTPUT:
---------------------
Cmd>task 8

Cmd>
---------------------

6: Immediately DISCONNECT your device then Press and Hold Vol Down to bring the device back to bootloader and connect to USB.

7: Run ROM Flasher and flash via USB. After rom flash is completed Hard-reset (Pen Reset, then Press and Hold Vol Down and Circle) then allow the ROM to boot.

Last edited:

dieselboy

Jan 18, 2008
i must say this is the reason i got my old rom working and stuck with it without wanting to upgrade. this happened to me, and for about 4 days or more the phone kept crashing and needing a hard reset. even changing roms or reloading the same rom didnt fix.
i tried the MTTY thing and it was difficult to get going.

i personally really appreciate writing all this up, because now i will probably go and try another rom, with this thread in the back of my mind if things start acting up.
so thanks!

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
i must say this is the reason i got my old rom working and stuck with it without wanting to upgrade. this happened to me, and for about 4 days or more the phone kept crashing and needing a hard reset. even changing roms or reloading the same rom didnt fix.

i personally really appreciate writing all this up, because now i will probably go and try another rom, with this thread in the back of my mind if things start acting up.
so thanks!

To be honest, i have NEVER experienced the issues that require MTTY! I have always just flashed from internal storage and never had an issue.

I wrote this because i just wanted to get MTTY working incase i ever do experience it!!

MG

Reactions: Hamstervil

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
I must just say that u might have to watch the x64bit drivers if they are digitally signed... Cuz neither Vista 64 nor Windows 7 64 will let u load or start those drivers if they are not digitally signed.

IF that the case and if u have installed the driver but it says that it has stopped it due to the driver not been Digitally signed u have to start windows vista/7 in "ignore digitally signed drivers" mode.

When u start the computer, keep hitting F8 and it will prompt you if u want to start in safe mode bla bla and in the bottom of that list there is an option that goes something like this:

epiphone

Jun 14, 2008
MG, great thread thanks....

I am wondering whether you have any idea what happened to my Diamond, and what could I have done to save it (it is now with HTC).

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=539958

I didn't do the "Driver Installation" part you described in your procedure, although I could still see the "USB" option in the dropdown, can that be where I went wrong?

Would also like to check how come recently there seems more flash problems reported? I myself have been flashing for some one year or so now... and never had a problem till now... I would like to get back to flashing again once my Diamond returns (hopefully), but now I am not sure I would since I am not sure what I did wrong to cause the problem to start in the first place.

Last edited:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
MG, great thread thanks....

I am wondering whether you have any idea what happened to my Diamond, and what could I have done to save it (it is now with HTC).

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=539958

I didn't do the "Driver Installation" part you described in your procedure, although I could still see the "USB" option in the dropdown, can that be where I went wrong?

Possibly, i really would suggest running throught the entire thread if you have a brick.

reinstall the drivers, using the ones i have posted, also use the MTTY i have posted.

also USE the exact commands i have posted (i.e. not "task 28", use "task 28 55aa")

then after the MTTY format, HARD-RESET your device then to clear anything else off, then in your case, flash from the PC not internal storage.

Would also like to check how come recently there seems more flash problems reported? I myself have been flashing for some one year or so now... and never had a problem till now... I would like to get back to flashing again once my Diamond returns (hopefully), but now I am not sure I would since I am not sure what I did wrong to cause the problem to start in the first place.

Personally i have never experienced (touch wood) these flashing problems, i have consistently flashed from internal storage and NEVER via USB.

personally this is where i think the problem resides, with leftover data from USB flashing logging up the devices.

as there are more "Bloated roms" (i.e. ones with loads of nice but useless software) this is also causing the problems.

having said that i use possibly the most bloated rom about, the NRGZ EnergyROM series!! i swap between this and the BSB, im more drawn to the BSB at the moment as there is more storage and ram free.

but as i said this is only my opinion and not verifiable facts! (i could be totally wrong!!)

Last edited:

epiphone

Jun 14, 2008
MG, thanks for your replies... unfortunately I am not able to try the "task 28 55aa" now that I have booked my phone in :) This thread however, will no doubt be useful for more others in time to come!

Last edited:

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Sweden
Hmmm... the strange thing is that after ive had these problems i have to use MTTY as soon as i must flash another ROM then the one i already have in...
But as i said... no problems as long as it works :D

skilty

Feb 23, 2005
Ash-Vegas
sorry for the noob question, i'm on XP would I still need to run through the driver setup in the first post? :eek:

4D3

Oct 20, 2008
Brisbane
sorry for the noob question, i'm on XP would I still need to run through the driver setup in the first post? :eek:

I dont have XP, but i guess not, i have never heard of people having a problem with MTTY on XP.

Just disable USB connections in active sync, reboot your system and start MTTY.

If there s no USB option you may have to find the XP Active Sync Drivers and follow my method, but using the XP drivers.

MG

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a friendly warning to people who are new to the site/new to the thread.
    There has been a LOT of unnecessary posts recently from people who cannot be bothered searching starting
    HERE ON PAGE 59 POST 581 onwards.

I will simply not reply or reply with "Search". Why should I help when people cannot be bothered ATTEMPTING to help themselves?

Also anyone thinking of asking either of the following questions:

1: "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY: Total Bad Block in CE: x"
    2:
    "After task 29, I get this output in MTTY:

ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!
    ERASE block xxx FAIL !!!"
    (where x is a random number)

This has been asked 100+ times in this thread so this is the final time I will answer:

IT MEANS NOTHING..NADA..ZIP! I have not experienced ANY problem with this output...Please stop asking!

There is a LOT of information in this thread. All you need is the first 4 posts or the search button OR if it is a GENUINE problem post it and I will help!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks, as all of us flashing junkies are continuously flashing devices there has been an increase in "Strange Problems" which to all intents and purposes are just “clog ups” and “bad flashes”

As we all know MTTY is the key here, but I can say from personal experience that this small piece of software is a MASSIVE pain in the ass to get working, i must have tried 15-20 different “recommended” procedures to get it work and all failed.

But I managed to find a failsafe method of getting MTTY working on Vista AND Windows 7, also x86 AND x64!! (I have all 4 windows installations and the methods detailed below worked on all)

NOTE: WORKS WITHOUT DRIVER INSTALL ON XP

If for some reason you cannot got this to work on XP do the following: (Thanks kgerry!!)

Hi,

if you run XP and you have Problems to connect to USB try following:

1. Launch ActiveSync on PC
    2. Go to connection settings
    3. Uncheck the Allow USB Connection
    4. bring the device to bootloader.
    5. Now, run mtty ...

... try again to switch from COM1 to USB and follow the instructions of perfect post 3

Hope it helps ... Kgerry

Here is how this thread works:

Post 1: Description
    Post 2: Driver Installation
    Post 3: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM INTERNAL STORAGE
    Post 4: MTTY Instructions For FLASHING FROM YOU SYSTEM

THANKS to:

Reb0rn - for pointing me to the light!
    l2tp - for the images
    lunasea - for providing me with working drivers

and of course to anyone else I forgot.

I hope this helps people!!

MG

so thanks!

To be honest, i have NEVER experienced the issues that require MTTY! I have always just flashed from internal storage and never had an issue.

I wrote this because i just wanted to get MTTY working incase i ever do experience it!!

MG

added this to the first post!!

thanks alot!

MG
    Finally I've found the solution! I'm sorry for wasting your time, but I want to thank you for all. Happy new year!

Glad you got it sorted, I dont really look at this thread any more as the instructions are prefect.

MG
    works great for me using xp virtual pc on windows 7 ultimate good work

WOW!!! There are still people using the Diamond!!

Thanks for the comments!!