[PROGRAM] Odin 1.82 with pit files.

Search This thread

MrBusiness

Aug 1, 2010
About pit 803, it is used by froyo rom (til jpa if I remember well).

To flash with pit 803:
Flash your rom with repartition ticked and pit 512.
Reflash the rom with repartition UNticked and pit 803.
Your done, froyo working with pit 803 and without errors.

Also I dont know what it changes, I still use pit 512 (working well and easier)

No it is not used, if you UNtick repart the pit file ist not used in any way!

So your Froyo is running on 512 pit, the samfirmware.com guide to select a pit and do not use it is just nonsense ;)

bdl1969

Sep 27, 2010
Chelmsford
I needed to flash my phone last night so I used this new version of Odin. I flashed JPK with 512pit and re-partition, then JPO with 803pit no re-partition and flashed again to root with no pit file. The flashes all went fine, I see an improvement with v1.7 in that with v1.3 Odin never reported the process as successful, it used to get as far as 'Reset', the phone would restart but Odin would remain on 'Reset' status, now I get a nice green 'Success' window! Might be nothing but I like getting a 'Success' message! Phone is running very nicely after the flashes.

Adevem

Aug 4, 2010
any extensive changelog on this? can't find any on the net. did searches before i posted.

so far i can only tell that it auto-ticks repartition when you select a pit file, handy perhaps.

any others you've found out?

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
any extensive changelog on this? can't find any on the net. did searches before i posted.

so far i can only tell that it auto-ticks repartition when you select a pit file, handy perhaps.

Dont know but a version upgrade usually mean bugfixes. Especially with a flashing program I feel safe to use the latest

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

RyanZA

Jan 21, 2006
JHB

It's an internal Samsung tool. There is no way there would be a public changelog. :)
That said, more than likely the major changes for v1.7 is simply support for the Galaxy Tab.

nitr8

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2006
Switzerland
All,

Just a UI update for 1.7

odin3.png

I was board once again...

Attachments

• odin3.rar
    159 KB · Views: 15,707

thunderteaser

Jul 22, 2010
All,

Just a UI update for 1.7

Cute, thanks! :) But it seems I've found a bug in your mod:
Tick everything, don't connect the phone and do not select any pit, any pda, any csc, any modem. Then press Start and it crashes, while the original Odin v1.7 ends up the task and prints "All threads completed 0/0" (or something like that). Can you reproduce it?
P.S.: I'm running it with Wine.

By the way, since we're talking about Odin, let's presume I've got a backup of my efs folder and that I want to flash a ROM that has got the correct csc and product code, how safe/advisable would be ticking "EFS Clear?"

Last edited:

surfnat3mbps

Dec 29, 2010
What is your definition of semi-bricked? are you referring to the black screen at startup or something different?

Exciting news nonetheless

I'm guessing it's the same issue I just ran into... Odin v1.3 dropped connection during initial upload and my windows machine would no longer recognize the connected usb device. odin 1.0 and odin 1.3 would not recognize a vibrant connected... odin 1.7 had it loaded when opened... The screen you will see is a black screen with a cell phone connected to a computer by a dashed line and a hazard triangle in the middle with an "!" on it's face... With 1.7 both pit and tar were loaded on fine in 2:12 and the phone is back running full stock 2.1... Now to clear the mod files on the internal flash and take this damn phone in to T-Mobile to have it replaced due to a defective (temperamental) micro-usb slot...

ragin

Dec 17, 2007
Hubli
I'm guessing it's the same issue I just ran into... Odin v1.3 dropped connection during initial upload and my windows machine would no longer recognize the connected usb device. odin 1.0 and odin 1.3 would not recognize a vibrant connected... odin 1.7 had it loaded when opened... The screen you will see is a black screen with a cell phone connected to a computer by a dashed line and a hazard triangle in the middle with an "!" on it's face... With 1.7 both pit and tar were loaded on fine in 2:12 and the phone is back running full stock 2.1... Now to clear the mod files on the internal flash and take this damn phone in to T-Mobile to have it replaced due to a defective (temperamental) micro-usb slot...

The first time I had this issue, I thought my phone was a gone case. Then I discovered Odin3 1.7. This has helped many guys come out of such situations. And has helped many others avoid getting into semi-bricks.

zorvax

Feb 6, 2011
1.7 vs. 1.8

Meanwhile, odin 1.82 is shown on the I9000 line on samfirmware.com.

Can anybody explain the differences between 1.7 and 1.82? Should I go with 1.82 now?
It seems that it is specially suited for the I9003.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys & gals.

There are a few references to various Odin versions but there isn't much clarity. Many people have been using Odin3 v1.3 like I was doing before.

There's now Odin 1.7 available which choses the options to selected automatically once you select the needed files (This needs confirmation from others). For example, if I chose a pit file, it automatically selects re-partition option.

I strongly urge people who use this to study various options of Odin itself & become familiar first before trying Odin (Any version).

This is given as is where is basis. Hope this helps.

Some people who used this are saying that it has brought their semi-bricked phone to working. Needs verifying. Can some of the developers here look into this version comparison?

nitr8 has done a whole new UI for Odin 1.7 here
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9118198&postcount=28

PS : I have also included 512 & 803 pits. I use ONLY 512, god knows why 803 & 513 exist. 803 gives me errors on the first start.
    All,

Just a UI update for 1.7

odin3.png

Cheers bud, looks great, will test later :)
    Thanks a lot for sharing it.

P.S.: Nice the korean push button on about form :)
    This guy had his semi-bricked phone spring back to life using Odin 1.7. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=832832 I again urge you to look at ALL options in ODIN before pressing START.