- cleaned up some resource files (saving quite some space)
- added icons to those which had none
- made provxml tracing the same for all
- added some small games (these eat the saved space from above)
- added an option panel to setup the volume of VoiceTag (from my other kitchen)
- made D3Demo an extra package
- added the very latest NetCF 3.5 as modules in an own package
- added a few more color schemes and backgrounds
- patched the keyboard driver to not require a dedicated subdirectory "Keys" in \windows
- patched the nk.exe to identify itself as "TYPH100" to allow better skin selection for remote access tools
- renamed mtty to the correct name (was mmty.exe)
- fixed the welcome.exe for the German Mui to correctly delete the welcome.lnk from autostart at first boot.
- removed the _cabs folder form the kitchen. Get it from an older kitchen
Updated 2012 04 08: A new update to the kitchen folder. The older OS Builder stuff is moved to a dedicated subfolder. Now SDHC cards are supported and a later version of USBFN is bundled only with WM5torage (not recommended on Typhoon).
Updated: 2012 01 15: The old batch kitchen is moved to a dedicated folder in the Mediafire share. You find now a much improved OS Builder (see post 3) Kitchen as well as a set of ready-to-use builds to download. I have also updated the list of included programs below.
Here it is finally - another port of the batch kitchen I had once taken from Nitrogen for the Tornado and ported to Hurricane already - the simple kitchen for the Typhoon/Feeler/Amadeus.
The default settings were cooked to a ROM already, so you may want to try that first before you cook yourself (which is very easy, even for noobs).
It is completely localized for German keeping the English from Aleut's original WM65 ROM. He already had published a kitchen for that device here at XDA, however only as a side-note in an existing thread asking for WM65.
I have updated some applications to the last available version, added some OEM packages from the Tornado kitchen and merged some from the Ginza MS100 kitchen - also a device with QQVGA and a WM65 kitchen.
As this device has a limited ROM size of 27MB (x'1b00000), the tweaking of size and available applications was a major activity. All changes done to the original files are left in a separate folder in the kitchen.
The default settings for cooking are containing the following applications:
- 20MB base package (all options off in OSBuilder), leaving 7MB of additional ingredients to push in, my choice for you:
- .NET CF 3.5 already on-board
- T9 English and German
- WM6.5 Menus (skinned) (selectable in the kitchen, not in builds anymore)
- full Media Support:
- Arcsoft MMS 126.96.36.199C
- HTC Camera (as it always was)
- Media Codecs (common filetypes, also midi works as ringtones)
- Cyberon Voice Dial
- WM-player supports the additional keys for the Amadeus (SDA Music)
- More Entertainment:
- Kevtris 2.0, a great Tetris clone with nice additional options (sliders, weird blocks etc.) - keeps your joystick busy. (*)
- several Bluetooth profiles (updated from S740 aka Rose):
- Bluetooth SAP (Sim Access Profile)
- Bluetooth FTP Client (HTC BT Explorer)
- Bluetooth A2DP included (with settings) but it only works on lowest quality due to HW limitations (removed now)
- GPS Intermediate drivers (from WM5&6) including setup program. This allows to share one BT GPS receiver for several applications at the same time.
- HTC Comm Manager. This allows to set the Radio really OFF if you have no or no valid SIM Card. After 3 minutes the radio gets back on otherwise even if shut off with MS-wrlsmgr. Once after 3 minutes off-time it stays off even after reboot. [Edit 20120324:] It is not necessary to have HTC CommManager do this - the normal MSWrlsmgr can do the same, provided that you do not leave it with "done" but keep it running for these 3 minutes in background.
- Many other tools:
- Total Commander 2.5ß3 (*)
- WM5torage 1.9 [Edit 20120324:] The usbfn.dll which can handle the WM5torage driver is creating problems with parallel Music Playback and any USB connection (also AS via RNDIS or Serial) It seems that some I/O ports are used the same. You better avoid using that when cooking.
- maniac's Autokeylock
- MortScript 4.2 (*)
- Easter Uninstaller (*)
- Oxios Memory
- Vito Copy/Paste
- FEADIE (managing file extension for Internet Explorer) (*)
- Modaco NoData
- Clear Type Power Toy (adjust the Gamma for CT)
- Mobile Config: an XML based registry tweaker (only in the kitchen)
- Caller Location core (vibrate on connect)
- Multi Flashlight
- Safe Inbox Extender
The pagepool used is now 4MB to give a suitable performance (was only 2MB in previous setup - very slow). However you can adjust this with tools included in the kitchen if you want to change it. ROM size and Storage is fixed on the device, so you have 27.97 MB total storage and free are 24.64. Mind that packages you save from the ROM are not giving you gain in storage space, so keep the ROM filled to the 27MB with what you consider useful.
RAM is tight here anyway, best gain is if you don't use the sliding homescreen and disable the Camera Driver.
I have also added some options regarding key definition to the Tweaks settings. This allows to select the keyboard driver for Typhoon/Feeler/Amadeus and also to activate the additional WMP plugin for the Amadeus.
So finally here is the share to get all: http://www.mediafire.com/?3tt15dyp4mbuu
Please hover the mouse over the download links to see their description.
Finally you may want to look at the Beginners Guide for Cooking which you find linked in my signature - this give some insight of what is happening.