[HOW TO] Fix the "Low on space" problem (in plain English)

OP soniclude

7th April 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 42

578 posts
so this is awesome. 100%. i think i will try this tonight or tomorrow. i'm sick, ain't nothing better to do.

questions:

1. so, the Unrevoked directions will work, even though I heard that Unrevoked doesn't work for Gingerbread, 2.3.4? just double checking.
i am currently UNROOTED, and never have been rooted.

2. what happens if i need to unroot? can i use Unrevoked to unroot, and go back to factory? will my phone freak out because all of these apps are in the /data/data partition, then?

thank you again. i usually just clear out my facebook, g+ apps, and texts. this time, nothing works. hopefully this will go seamlessly and i'll be rocking out my incredible like no one's business.
Last edited by funkpod; 7th April 2012 at 09:08 PM.
8th April 2012, 11:59 PM   |  #32  

578 posts
oh, and another question. THis problem is only fixed w/ the "Convert2Ext4_no_data_limit_normal_dalvik.zip, " correct? That is a ROM based off of Gingersense, i believe, right? let me know if i'm wrong.

if it is, that means the low storage problem is only fixed w/ that ROM? so, if i load another ROM on, then it wouldn't necessarily be fixed anymore, right?

Being that it's called Gingersense, again, correct me if i'm wrong, it's pretty much like stock Gingerbread, right?

Thanks for the help, guys. Might do this tonight...
10th April 2012, 07:59 PM   |  #33  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

76 posts
More
I did this and all went well then I flashed a new ROM. Do I have to do this again or are my settings the same? Because I tried to do it again to check and when I hit call after ##778# nothing happens now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlusco

You can actually acomplish that without rooting.

Open dial pad and type ##778# and hit call.

Select edit mode and enter six zeros (000000) as the password.

Select security and look for S.IP DUN username, it should look something like this YourNumber@dun.vzw3g.com. Change it to be YourNumber@vzw3g.com, just remove the "dun.".

Back out to the main menu and select M.IP Default Profile. Look for DUN NAI and change it to be YourNumner@vzw3g.com, remove the "dun."

Hit the menu button and select commit modifications. Your phone will reboot.

Now just use the stock 3g mobile hotspot app. When you first open it it will say you have to have a subscription and pay, just procede you will not be charged, and verizion is none the wiser. I have been doing this my self for over a year now.

11th April 2012, 01:04 AM   |  #34  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 923

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyz400

I did this and all went well then I flashed a new ROM. Do I have to do this again or are my settings the same? Because I tried to do it again to check and when I hit call after ##778# nothing happens now.

That will stick through rom flashes, but not factory resets or ruu's. If you have to reactivate or do a *228 option 1, then you will have to change it again. Some roms dont play well with ##778#.
Last edited by cmlusco; 11th April 2012 at 01:06 AM.
11th April 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #35  

578 posts
do i need to uninstall the Android SDK tools, etc? in addition to double twist, pdanet, etc.
11th April 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #36  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkpod

oh, and another question. THis problem is only fixed w/ the "Convert2Ext4_no_data_limit_normal_dalvik.zip, " correct? That is a ROM based off of Gingersense, i believe, right? let me know if i'm wrong.

if it is, that means the low storage problem is only fixed w/ that ROM? so, if i load another ROM on, then it wouldn't necessarily be fixed anymore, right?

Being that it's called Gingersense, again, correct me if i'm wrong, it's pretty much like stock Gingerbread, right?

Thanks for the help, guys. Might do this tonight...

Ext4 is a mod not a rom. It only works with sense and miui roms based off of gingerbread. If you flash a new gingerbread based rom, you will also have to flash the ext4 mod again. This is the only way i know of to fix the low space issue, without clearing and deting stuff.
11th April 2012, 03:36 AM   |  #37  

578 posts
hey, do i need to try and get the Low Storage Notification off of my phone before rooting? Unrevoked has a warning that if my phone is not working perfectly, it could ruin phone. just checking.
11th April 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #38  
Flag Michigan City, IN

3,139 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkpod

hey, do i need to try and get the Low Storage Notification off of my phone before rooting? Unrevoked has a warning that if my phone is not working perfectly, it could ruin phone. just checking.

Not sure if you need to or not, but it wouldnt hurt to just to be on the safe side. Mabey uninstall a couple large games, or clear the cache on your apps, especially facebook, twitter, messaging, email.
11th April 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #39  

578 posts
okay, i'll try that. i can't seem to get it to go away now, deleting A LOT of stuff. still there.

resetting phone, hopefully that'll make it go away.
11th April 2012, 03:55 AM   |  #40  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 3

76 posts
More
It seems Touch of Blue dosn't play well with ##778# command. Is there a way around this to use my phone as an acess point for free?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread