Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sailio

Jul 25, 2010
Samsung started the imbedded battery I blame them

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

sailio

Jul 25, 2010
Apple doesn't count... I will never own an apple product period. With my experienses with samsung, it stays the same. You people don't get that when someone has an issue I'm supposed to fix it for them... 90% are Samsung users. And I wish people would stay out of the HTC forums with questions about shamesung

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
I'm starting a new post to say we need to get pissed. From November I've been looking online every ****ing day to see if any new information will arrive. I don't give a dam if this is googles htc or sprints fault. This is completely bull**** and unacceptable. We need to start a petition and start harassing htc to get there **** together. Lets keep it real, google has released everything so the fact that we have complete working versions I keep the blame off them. We can harass sprint but I think everyone in the US still with sprint is either because they don't care or they to have unlimited data. So lets get on HTC, the evo lte does not have a removable battery or sd card. We are the ones that buy these phones. They lock our boot loaders, this is just all bs. I mean sick seeing posts about mean rom and people saying this will hold me over till ics. They the **** do we have to wait.

I want this thread to be ideas as to what we can do to change how we are seeing the mobile area form. *I have to say I am contemplating windows 8 phones with quad cores and lte if they come out before the end of the year, because of all this bs.

Things I want.
Unlimited data
1080p gorrila glass screen (we are on the verge of quad hd- not too much to ask)
1080p capture
over 13 mp camera
removable battery
sd card slot
lte
quad core
more than 2 gb of ram
more than 64 gb of storage

wish list
waterproof case
5000mah battery
my point is that people that bought the htc evo 3d, if your like me, bought the first dual core wimax phone. ics wasn't a secret. jellybean is coming out. wtf are we waiting for. htc is trying to act like apple but we get less memory. they lock our bootloaders and now no sd cards and removable batteries. android an open source is being more closed than apple. let not forget people have been hacking iphone for a long time now. the reason we choose android is because we can mod the stuff ourselves without or at least thats what it was in its prime. the specs I lay out aren't even that hard. why the **** do I have to settle with 4gb of storage when apple was putting out 32. Remember we made htc what it was. from people from back in the day with htc mogul, htc touch pro touch pro 2 and htc evo know what im talking about. I think if all of the people that not only create the mods that we download but all of people that come on xda say they will not buy another phone from htc until we start seeing what we want we could make a change. remember we did make enough of a fuss about the bootloader that we atleast scared htc.

This guy is a trip.

I figure your trolling but i'll bite since its early in the morning here still. lol

First, the whole SD card thing.....ehh I'm 10000% sure the EVO4GLTE has SD Card expansion..Also has LTE and 1080p capture...so dunno why you complain about those...

13MP camera?....why? we all know the MP of a camera isn't everything...

*we are not on the verge of Quad HD btw....been talked about for awhile now and it wont happen widely any time soon...esp given the bandwidth required to get that kind of content to TV's...you deff wont see providers giving that any time soon on TV's...few years out at the very least.

Now 2GB Ram?....we might be close to this point but we are deff not there in terms of need yet on phones...sorry. You want more RAM to be able have more things able to run in the background?....enjoy having a phone last 5min. let battery tech get there.

64GB storage?....with SD card expansion this is not necessary so dunno why you list both...

Quad-core?....you do understand HTC doesn't make their own SoC's right? take this to Qualcomm and complain about there not being a quadcore...or take it to the others and complain about there not being a quadcore with lte support...
You'll likely get your quadcore from Qualcomm in next years EVO device according to their timeline so look for that device if thats something you want.

The 2013 EVO should realistically be Quadcore 28nm LTE device just like this and also support for all 3 LTE bands Sprint will be using since by then Clearwire will have 5k sites live too...The big kicker is getting LTE-Advance baked in the SoC from Qualcomm as thats the future and Sprint will be using that soon after 2013 is complete i bet. LTE carrier aggregation is a huge thing that will be big advantage to sprint.

okay troll feeding over. :p

Edit:

for those worrying about the battery and able to shut it down in a boot loop situation, its been shown already on the OneX you can get it into the bootloader from the button combo with the right timing and its not that difficult to do either. So no worries about this.

Reactions: scariola

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
Without being able to remove the battery how will you be able to get out of a boot loop before the battery dies or if the phone freezes?

My Asus Transformer Prime has a built in battery and I have a pin hole that resets the system in an event that it freezes or boot loops. Maybe HTC will implement something like that, or a button combo that will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm starting a new post to say we need to get pissed. From November I've been looking online every ****ing day to see if any new information will arrive. I don't give a dam if this is googles htc or sprints fault. This is completely bull**** and unacceptable. We need to start a petition and start harassing htc to get there **** together. Lets keep it real, google has released everything so the fact that we have complete working versions I keep the blame off them. We can harass sprint but I think everyone in the US still with sprint is either because they don't care or they to have unlimited data. So lets get on HTC, the evo lte does not have a removable battery or sd card. We are the ones that buy these phones. They lock our boot loaders, this is just all bs. I mean sick seeing posts about mean rom and people saying this will hold me over till ics. They the **** do we have to wait.

I want this thread to be ideas as to what we can do to change how we are seeing the mobile area form. *I have to say I am contemplating windows 8 phones with quad cores and lte if they come out before the end of the year, because of all this bs.

Things I want.
    Unlimited data
    1080p gorrila glass screen (we are on the verge of quad hd- not too much to ask)
    1080p capture
    over 13 mp camera
    removable battery
    sd card slot
    lte
    quad core
    more than 2 gb of ram
    more than 64 gb of storage

wish list
    waterproof case
    5000mah battery

5000mah battery???

Don't know about you but i don't want my phone to look like the ones they used in Vietnam to call in airstrikes.

S3nt from my 3D wond3rland
    Your expectations is too high, mate.. :D
    But cool imagination.. :D

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA
    HTC has clearly released it to sprint. Sprint has to bloat it up and all

It's not about Sprint. We here in the UK/Europe have the unlocked GSM version of the EVO 3D. If ICS was released we would have got it already. It's not Sprints fault, when HTC find it fit to release ICS, then they will announce it.

For now, we should all chill and hibernate for a month or so :p
    "I'm starting a new post to say we need to get pissed. From November I've been looking online every ****ing day to see if any new information will arrive. I don't give a dam if this is googles htc or sprints fault. This is completely bull**** and unacceptable."

Why is it unacceptable? ICS source was, I believe, released in November. That's about 6 months ago. HTC has a large portfolio of devices that they need to work on upgrading, bug testing, and so on. They're going to make sure they release a finished product. They had to prioritize something, so they focused on the Sensation line first. You didn't get picked first, deal with it. It's only been 6 months. It seems like a long time, but for a corporation that is designing new phones, working on upgrading older ones, and dealing with a lot of other things, that isn't that long at all. Also, it's not like other manufacturers have been releasing ICS on their phones left and right. Show me a Moto phone that has been upgraded. How about the Epic 4G Touch's update?

"Lets keep it real, google has released everything so the fact that we have complete working versions I keep the blame off them."

What are you trying to say? Are you saying that this isn't Google's fault because they've released the source code? That's true. This isn't their fault. But it's not like the source code that they release can just be put onto our phones; HTC actually needs to do work with that. The update between Gingerbread and ICS is a pretty significant one, so HTC probably has to put quite a bit of work into it.

"So lets get on HTC, the evo lte does not have a removable battery or sd card. We are the ones that buy these phones. They lock our boot loaders, this is just all bs."

What's wrong with the lack of a removable battery? It's a design choice. I bet you can't think of one reason not to have a removable battery other than to use a larger battery. Guess what? Too bad. HTC chose to integrate the battery so that they could give a better built phone. And the LTE DOES have a removable SD card. This shows that you barely even did research on the phone before deciding to complain about it.

We and thousands of others buy these phones. HTC locks the bootloader for safety reasons. I can't believe that people do not understand this. They don't want to have to deal with idiots messing up the phones. There are plenty of people here who know how to flash ROMs but other than that cannot hold their own at all. HTC has nothing to gain by unlocking the bootloaders on their phones, and a lot to lose. But they offer a way for us to unlock them officially, and in a safe way. Almost all of their recent devices are supported by this, and you don't have to worry about updates. It really is a good service but people overlook it because it voids their warranty. Which it should.

"I mean sick seeing posts about mean rom and people saying this will hold me over till ics. They the **** do we have to wait."

Mean ROM is a great ROM and it provides a stable experience for people that want a fully working phone. Our current ICS ROMs are buggy and not nearly stable enough. They also lack some basic functionality, such as camera and 4G. We have to wait because the update hasn't been released yet.

Bottom line: This phone hasn't been updated yet, but neither has the Rezound, the RAZR, the Epic 4G Touch, and so on.. the number of phones that have been updated is incredibly low. This is because they haven't finished them yet. These are companies that release expensive electronics to consumers, and need good reviews from their customers. This means that they have to work at nearly perfecting a release; they have to fix the bugs, make it stable, and make sure everyone will be able to use it without problems. If they release an update that hasn't been tested thoroughly enough, they could face major backlash from the market. Now instead of a few hundred people on development forums complaining that an update hasn't been released yet, they have thousands upon thousands of customers with phones that don't work right.

Making a few hundred people angry >>>>> making a few thousand people angry.

This applies to all of the OEMs, not just HTC. So stop your complaining, stop your whining. You aren't the only one in the world who hasn't gotten his precious ICS update yet. Many other people are waiting for it too, on different carriers, different phones, and so on. All around the world. I don't think you realize that it isn't as simple as copy and pasting to each phone and throwing it out there. It works here on XDA because the users can function as testers, but that's not how professional businesses work. Users are not supposed to be testers for their work; they have employees for that.
    I get your mad but this only makes about the 50th thread about this. If you want ics go buy a nexus or use one of the other ics roms. You could help by developing yourself and stop complaining. I bought this phone because it was faster than the EVO 4g not because of ics. And mean Rom is great so isn't just about every ROM in the development section ( blaming that as to why I'm a flashaholic) unless I missed something and ics with sense will cure everything. So just chill for now I'm sure your phone works fine and if you need something so bad either develop or pay to play.