[ROM][4.0.4] Slim ICS (T959) - Clean, Simple & Fast (54MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Do you think it will work if i try to install straight from Bionix v1.3.1(UVKB1),Bullet v2.2 kernel?

Not sure but installing this rom it's like installing CM9 basically. I'm not exactly sure on your situations but I think I've read that in your case you should go back to stock and then install this rom. I haven't read anywhere on the CM9 thread that you need GB bootloader for it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

jonen

Jan 11, 2011
Do you think it will work if i try to install straight from Bionix v1.3.1(UVKB1),Bullet v2.2 kernel?

Not sure but installing this rom it's like installing CM9 basically. I'm not exactly sure on your situations but I think I've read that in your case you should go back to stock and then install this rom. I haven't read anywhere on the CM9 thread that you need GB bootloader for it.

sorry if this comes off as mean or whatever but people need to seriously read & do their own research more before posting questions.
the op has a link to the slim rom website and it takes literally one click to find the answer from there.

http://www.slimroms.com/installation.htm

instructions are simple. people following advice from other random users is what causes a lot of problems

/endrant. :|

Devilisher

Mar 30, 2012
damn right you R :D

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Listen to this and advice please...

I am now a great fan of Slim...started wid 3.2 and won't leave ya for anything n very much impressed wid the battery stats i am getting..

One problem I face from the start...i did a clean install...odin...then gb..then cm9..then slim 3.2...it all works great but after few days my screen turns ON automatically don't know y which started effectin my battery alot...flashed again n again downloaded the ROM again also but no cure....so I finally removed the kernel to Glitch V14 B and problem was solved...

After few days when 3.3 updated...I flashed all went to 3.2 then updated to 3.3...running smooth with no auto screen ON prob...wid stock kernel..

Now 3.4 launched and I updated...same problem of screen turning ON occurs...this time again I switched kernels frm stock to Glitch to subzero 70...but this problem still persist....

please advice guys don't know how to stop this as I really want to get updated from time to time whenever we get the Slim update

dascud

Nov 21, 2007
Kalifornia
Re: Cifs module VerMagic mismatch

Kraravind, firstly thanks for the great ROM. This is the best ROM I have on my vibrant up until now.

However, I have a problem loading the cifs module under /system/lib/modules. The vermagic of the modules is different from the running kernel.

VerMagic for the cifs module is 3.0.8-g66a0a05-dirty while the running kernel is
3.0.8-g2531214-dirty and this prevents the module from being loaded.
Can you pls recompile the modules or give me some basic info so that I can download your kernel source tree and build the modules myself.

Tks.

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Kraravind, firstly thanks for the great ROM. This is the best ROM I have on my vibrant up until now.

However, I have a problem loading the cifs module under /system/lib/modules. The vermagic of the modules is different from the running kernel.

VerMagic for the cifs module is 3.0.8-g66a0a05-dirty while the running kernel is
3.0.8-g2531214-dirty and this prevents the module from being loaded.
Can you pls recompile the modules or give me some basic info so that I can download your kernel source tree and build the modules myself.

Tks.

you csan try this. if this doesn;t work, clone Teamhacksung sources and build it. that should give you the modules

DynamicXL

Jul 30, 2010
Downloaded and flashed this ROM today. Running nice and smooth!

I looked at the Advanced Slim Settings and couldn't find the option to center the time on the status bar or just make is hidden. Or is this feature not included. Not a big deal to me, just curious.

Other then that, awesome ROM!!!

Penvision66

Sep 26, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA.
Having a problem with wifi... For some unknown reason it just shut off, I toggle it on and off scan networks forget my network and re-enter code but nothing seems t work, it will not connect... the icon doesn't appear in the notification bar and it just says saved when I re-enter my info... I restarted phone but to no avail... Any idea how I can fix this issue, it has been great up until this point.

mexicandroid

Aug 12, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
How can access my external SD card from Android, I'm on.3.4 and I want able to access it from 3.3 either, just wondering if it's possible in this rom?

Thanks in advance

HeadOfMax

May 26, 2009
super awesome rom so far. It looks extremely sexy and I have been delving into all the options for an hour now. I am looking forward to seeing how it does as a daily driver.

A few problems...

First off no big deal but two of the three notifications/ring tones that I use were not included in the rom. NBD I was able to pull them from another one and push them onto my phone. All is well.

Second might be a big deal. I was messing with the Advanced Slim Settings, or ASS for short, and enabled hide toggles on collapse to see what happened. My toggles have since disappeared along with the slide bar for the brightness and I can not get them back. I have tried reset toggles to no avail. Is there a reset Slim settings option that I can not find as I would like to avoid doing another factory reset...

Also there is no effect when I turn on the calendar widget for the home screen.

Kudos on some amazing work. These ICS roms keep getting better and better.

The one person I know in the real world who even has the slightest clue as to what I am talking about when I say i flashed a new rom on my phone almost fell over when he saw how slick this rom is.

Last edited:

DKM119

Aug 22, 2009
gritosmetaleros.blogspot.com
Have you pressed this icon?
d0362dbb-22fb-8394.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: HeadOfMax

HeadOfMax

May 26, 2009
Have you pressed this icon?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Long press worked. Thank you!!!

I recall seeing that area of the options and was unsure as to what they were referring to push or long press.

I just installed glitch V14 over this and my home and back buttons seem to have been reversed....Anyone else notice this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    slimnewlogo.png
    IMPORTANT: FEATURE REQUESTS WILL BE IGNORED, MY BETA TESTERS WILL DO THAT DIRECTLY TO ME.

Key features:
    • Fully built from AOSP sources with some cherry picks from CM and AOKP team,
    • Easy to customize features (thanks to AOKP team) via ASS (Advanced Slim Settings)
    • ROM - 54MB
    • Slim Common - ~20MB
    • 5 languages ( en, fr, de, it and es. No new languages will be added)
    • Lightning Launcher
    • Lockscreen Options ( Calendar, Weather etc, check via ASS)
    • Screenshot via Customizable Nav Bar
    What Works:

• Everything for daily use
    Supported Devices here, no extra devices for now ( and NO PORTS of Slim ICS):

Removed apps here, download it via my OTA app

Credits here

Source:

https://github.com/krarvind/

Rest:
    http://source.android.com

Latest version, Download Links and Change Logs : Go Here

Discuss the rom here in xda and Hit Thanks if you try the rom and like it .
    reserved for future use
    4.2 Released

Read Changelog carefully. I am off for a mini vacation. Cheers. Do consider donation if/when you can. Have fun.
    2.8 Released

Check 2nd post of SGS thread ( usual place) for details and download links. Lots of effort but managed to get a common base across Nexus and Galaxy S Phones. Have fun guys, hit thanks and consider donation. Cheers. Past midnight here.Bed time.
    3.6 Released, Have fun.