Unlock the Tmobile S5 with region lock away?

Search This thread

dawgboy1783

Oct 25, 2010
Not sure but does the status that says network unblock in the service menu mean my SM-G900T sim unlocked?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397572754631.jpg
    1397572754631.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 9,333

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
The SM-G900T is definitely SIM locked. I ended up just buying the unlock code from CellUnlocker.net and amazingly they were able to get the code on launch day. Yeah, it costs money, but they came through with the code.

Also, lucky for me, since I guess I was one of the first to buy a code for the G900T, I got an email from them saying that they were looking for footage of people unlocking their GS5s, and if I could provide a video showing the full unlock process, entering the code, and activation on another network, they'd refund the purchase price. I don't know if they're still offering that, but I took advantage of it and I did indeed get my full purchase price refunded, so in effect I got my code for free. :good:

The SM-G900T is definitely SIM locked. I ended up just buying the unlock code from CellUnlocker.net and amazingly they were able to get the code on launch day. Yeah, it costs money, but they came through with the code.

Also, lucky for me, since I guess I was one of the first to buy a code for the G900T, I got an email from them saying that they were looking for footage of people unlocking their GS5s, and if I could provide a video showing the full unlock process, entering the code, and activation on another network, they'd refund the purchase price. I don't know if they're still offering that, but I took advantage of it and I did indeed get my full purchase price refunded, so in effect I got my code for free. :good:

I just tested as well and it asks for an unlock code if you put in a SIM that is not T-Mobile.

chivamex10

Mar 6, 2012
Has anyone tried this yet or other free methods to unlock this device.
Please feel free to post them here

where's the tutorial on how to do this??

how much did you pay?

I want to unlock this phone so i can sell it and buy the M8 instead. lol

djkinetic

Feb 26, 2011
Chicago
I've always used cellunlocker when a carrier wouldnt unlock a phone for me, they've never failed me, and once again they came through earlier today with a perfectly working code. They aren't the cheapest but very reliable.

Makoers

Apr 13, 2012
noblesville
where's the tutorial on how to do this??

how much did you pay?

I want to unlock this phone so i can sell it and buy the M8 instead. lol

It's 34.99 I just made a video too because they said I'd get the same deal. Uploading now actually. Made the video more for the views than the money because 35$ ain't bad.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

oldblue910

Jan 1, 2011
Durham, NC
It's 34.99 I just made a video too because they said I'd get the same deal. Uploading now actually. Made the video more for the views than the money because 35$ ain't bad.

They raised the cost then. Mine was only $29.99.

Sent from my Z Ultra Google Play Edition using Tapatalk

Makoers

Apr 13, 2012
noblesville
It's because they've had do use different databases they raised the price

92drls

Jul 25, 2009
Behind you
Hmm mine says it was successful, did I miss the method to test it besides physically finding another sim card?

Top Liked Posts