Hyperdrive 17 Safestrap Bootloop

Search This thread

PA212

Nov 4, 2012
Hello,

I was running Hyperdrive 17, with android 4.4.2 NC5 and everything was working perfect. I wanted to upgrade to Hyperdrive RLS 18 and when I formatted the system in Safestrap, it went straight into a bootloop. The only thing I can get into is Download mode. I have odin on my PC and it see's the phone. Could anybody please assist me in getting my phone to work again? I dont even care if I lose root or need to run stock, I just need my phone working ASAP. Thanks in advance!

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Hello,

I was running Hyperdrive 17, with android 4.4.2 NC5 and everything was working perfect. I wanted to upgrade to Hyperdrive RLS 18 and when I formatted the system in Safestrap, it went straight into a bootloop. The only thing I can get into is Download mode. I have odin on my PC and it see's the phone. Could anybody please assist me in getting my phone to work again? I dont even care if I lose root or need to run stock, I just need my phone working ASAP. Thanks in advance!

You should not have formatted the system via Safestrap. Don't do that again. Only factory reset and advanced wipe everything but the internal SD card. These are the Odin files you need. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172
Try to be more careful in the future. You can Towelroot.com/SuperSU/Busybox/Safestrap to get back to rooted NC5 with Safestrap after you flash with Odin.

Jesus loves you!

PA212

Nov 4, 2012
Thank you so much for the response! I am back up and running. I rooted using installed.com and was able to install super user. I confirmed root access as well. However, safestrap will not install. It runs the process but remains at status: not installed. Any idea what could cause this? Also, do modules need to be reinstalled as well once I put hyper drive back on? Thanks again.

You should not have formatted the system via Safestrap. Don't do that again. Only factory reset and advanced wipe everything but the internal SD card. These are the Odin files you need. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735172
Try to be more careful in the future. You can Towelroot.com/SuperSU/Busybox/Safestrap to get back to rooted NC5 with Safestrap after you flash with Odin.

Jesus loves you!

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Thank you so much for the response! I am back up and running. I rooted using installed.com and was able to install super user. I confirmed root access as well. However, safestrap will not install. It runs the process but remains at status: not installed. Any idea what could cause this? Also, do modules need to be reinstalled as well once I put hyper drive back on? Thanks again.

Did you get Busybox from the play store and after download go into Busybox and 'Install Busybox'? Also, if you wifi and data is all working correctly then there is no need for modules.

Jesus loves you!

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Yup, busybox installed successfully. Sorry, forgot to add that part.

That's never happened to me before. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the Busybox app and after install go back into Busybox and 'Install Busybox' again. You could try a different Safestrap APK. Also, getting SELinux from the Play Store and setting it to 'permissive' might help. Just some ideas.

Jesus loves you!