What features the X10 misses after Gingerbread (what do we need from developers)

Search This thread

cyberkhan

Nov 1, 2010
Rwp/Isb
The Call Recorder was functional in previous firmware (though not in mod roms) but not in 2.3.3. No two way call recording anymore!
It would be wonderful if this useful feature is added/modded by any of the geniuses on XDA.

Edit: Problem solved. Installed "Sanity" available free in Market and it does the two-way recording besides many other things.

Last edited:

MAGPC

Mar 13, 2011
OMG, I am fed up with his ****ty touch.

I have never used Call recording, but I believe it is useful.

xenneco

Apr 14, 2011
Almería
SE: Why do we do this?

SE: Why do we do this? I am disappointed with you for not releasing the bootloader for our x10!
Anyone know if source code were published one day?

akila87

Aug 22, 2010
Colombo
I thought this new GB will include the support proxy setting. I have seen in some ROM I forget which one it was that have the proxy setting in it.

I know, this is sad, for lots of school, and corporate that have proxy server, most android phone/tablet are not able to connect to the net. This is a big thing if the android want to get to some of corporate and the education sectors of the market.

I hope the DEV would do something that could enable this proxy feature.

Since day one that I have the X10, I have been disappointed with the lack of this feature.

Not to mention that it also lack of the Cisco IPSEC VPN setting as well.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=766569

Proxy working in all most all the apps except gtalk fb chat etc. market, maps gmail twitter fb (except chat) working. This will work in any kernel with iptables. If we can find a way to route chat traffic through proxy it'll also work.

EDIT: The newest version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1083284

Last edited:

MAGPC

Mar 13, 2011
Also, the in call volume is too low, sometimes I just hang up whenever I get a call outdoors.

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

lameplx

Aug 8, 2011
Also, the in call volume is too low, sometimes I just hang up whenever I get a call outdoors.

Agreed! It's alot better though on Cobratos MIUI rom with zKernel.

Btw, anyone noticed bad sound quality when using AUX output to car stereo?
Atleast compared to my firends Desire it's pretty bad/low. Haven't tried the xLoud yet, maybe that will fix the problem. :p

MAGPC

Mar 13, 2011
Agreed! It's alot better though on Cobratos MIUI rom with zKernel.

Btw, anyone noticed bad sound quality when using AUX output to car stereo?
Atleast compared to my firends Desire it's pretty bad/low. Haven't tried the xLoud yet, maybe that will fix the problem. :p

I don't like MiUi at all, also I like GB.

Regarding the xLoud, it is meant to work only when the loud speakrs are working (through the speakers on the back of the phon, not through the AUX or any headset).

Eomantovani

Jul 4, 2011
I guess a precise dual touch would be great. I would like to play Pro Evolution Soccer without problems on my Xperia =D

Orochikun

Jan 8, 2011
Tijuana
i'd like to play brother in arms online... without precise dualtouch it's just unfair :(

The multi touch is very bad agreed, but keep in mind that the Dual Touch is not something that the chipset was desinged to do, in other words

SE did a very good job adding the DT feature with limited hardware
SE did a crapy job choosing the limited hardware on a flag product

Dev are doing awsome job with the roms,

I cant play many games do to non good DT,
But hey i can pinch and zoom LOL

I love my Xperia X10a, with Firmware X10i WB3.6

MAGPC

Mar 13, 2011
Why not 1080p video recording? It is essential and achievable.

stan.s

Aug 29, 2010
NYC metro
Full working bluetooth stack with all the profiles. Unfortunate that google didn't put in the a2dp 3.0 android.

Sent from my X10i using XDA Premium App

veggalamvenu

Apr 17, 2011
Hyderabad
Yes you are absolutely right... Thanks to all the developers who made us love our Xperia a lot.. Without them we wud have left with a great phone with limited features.. Hats off to all the developers Z, J, Ericwill, Achotjan, Wolfbreak, Cobrato, Doomlord, kxhawkins, Androxyde, ThJap, viousAD, & Trip.
Thanks a ton!!!!!

Reactions: zeus09

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think the problem is and always has been having a developer who can write the drivers. Until then, I don't think it matters.
    It's much more complex that it seems.

Not even OEMs (SE, HTC, Motorola, you name it) write the device drivers for themselves.

Most of the source is provided by the hardware manufacturer (qualcomm, atheros, broadcom) - and a huge part of it is under NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

Without the thorough documentation and source code examples, it's highly unlikely to write any device driver by your own :(

Obviously, you could try to reverse-engineer stuff, but it's a "rocket science", even for experienced developers/companies.

Cheers,
    z
    I am just trying to combine all the required things in here so that it is easy for a developer or a newcomer to the world of the Xperia X10 to know what the phone really lacks.

1)Real Multitouch:
    After the debate whether the chip of the X10 is Cypress or Clearpad, no progress was made in that direction even fixing the buggy dual touch we have (cross-axes problem) giving us a full dual touch.

2)16 million color:
    yes, it may not be so crucial to anyone, but really why don't we get a puppy while we can unleash a dragon, and who doesn't want an extra feature in his phone?
    (Thanks Z for the Bravia Engine and the FPS uncap).

3)Unlocked Bootloader:
    This is the big deal and the door to unleashing the X10, Custom ROMs and Kernels will be much better, features that SE don't want us to get will be easily achieved (MT, 16M, even porting other OS like WP7 or MeeGo or ice cream sandwich :O), developing for the X10 will be easier and more open, and we would really get a phone that can compete with the Arc.

P.S.: I would like to thank the developers working on the X10 now Z, J, Ericwill, Achotjan, Wolfbreak, Cobrato, Doomlord, kxhawkins, Androxyde, ThJap, viousAD, & Trip.

Guys, without you the X10 would have been a bulk of **** staying in the eclair era with one touch and nothing would have improved, your work has saved us a lot, and we are asking you not to leave us because we really like you.

Please if you have a feature or anything that you feel missing from the phone you can post it, it is just a collection of the flaws in the X10.
    couldn't we achieve the custom kernels on gingerbread using the bootloader bypass thing?
    I think the problem is and always has been having a developer who can write the drivers. Until then, I don't think it matters.
    It's much more complex that it seems.

Not even OEMs (SE, HTC, Motorola, you name it) write the device drivers for themselves.

Most of the source is provided by the hardware manufacturer (qualcomm, atheros, broadcom) - and a huge part of it is under NDA (non-disclosure agreement).

Without the thorough documentation and source code examples, it's highly unlikely to write any device driver by your own :(

Obviously, you could try to reverse-engineer stuff, but it's a "rocket science", even for experienced developers/companies.

Cheers,
    z

So, would you agree that none of this stuff will ever happen without help from the manufacturers or a "Rocket Scientist" Developer?

Edit: Not that you aren't a genius. Just clarifying that we don't have the resources, no matter what.