Next phone after SGS4G?

Search This thread

quailallstar

Jan 22, 2007
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I think im going to jump on this new Sony Xperia Z or ZL (liking the Z looks better) once it becomes available factory unlocked. Should work on T-Mobile's "4G" right? My poor SGS4G is just not cutting it these days. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Z
sony-xperia-z-ofic-1.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_z-5204.php

ZL
sony-xperia-zl-ofic-1.jpg

http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_zl-5203.php

quailallstar

Jan 22, 2007
Google Pixel 8 Pro
What's wrong with the sgs4g? Lol mines running a stable 4.2.1 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Don't get me wrong I like my phone but its a love/hate relationship at times. Running Barebones Gingerbread and its a hit or miss with stability, etc.

I recently move to the DC are from Miami and just also realized we have been refarmed for 1900! So I might have better luck geting any Sony Xperia phone for now.

Last edited:

hechoen

May 7, 2011
But the people who leach off of you upset you an you won't share. My problem is with the community not the development :D

There's no problem with this community. Some people do, some don't and some full in the middle. I don't want to speak for erik, but, I have a feeling he puts his work out publicly so others may enjoy it as well. It isn't leaching the way I look at it. More of a enjoy what you have and stop asking for more idea. So yeah 4.2 is stable enough and it will most likely be released soon. One final thought before I go, you are part of the community you have a problem with. Be one of those who do.

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
My next phone is going to be a rock.

• It's super stable, but does have a tendency to chip a bit.
  • I'm not that concerned about dropping it.
  • Because of lack of concern about dropping it, I can TROW IT!
  • No dependencies on Proprietary Software or Hardware Designs. It's open source like physics!
  • No need for a cell plan!
  • I will have less people bugging me about paying bills and doing stuff for them and can concentrate on what I have to do.

Hope that helps you make your next phone decision :)

goddi2010

Nov 15, 2010

• No dependencies on Proprietary Software or Hardware Designs. It's open source like physics!
  • I will have less people bugging me about paying bills and doing stuff for them and can concentrate on what I have to do.

Just don't let anyone catch you talking on it lol they might think you're nuts

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bhundven

Fluidification

Feb 26, 2011
the iPhone 6. Apple went so crazy this time! They used android 4.3 KLP and it's a nexus device, so it gets google updates!!

Jokes aside, I might get a SGSIV. Not just to continue with the tradition of having a galaxy s device with a 4 at the end of it SGS4G-->SGS4.

Bryan, you should get the Stone III. It's stronger than the rock, it's got a huge screen(face), It's got great signal, you can get rid of everything out of your path if you throw it. It's water resistant all the way down to the bottom of the ocean, and when placed in space, it attracts objects at a faster rate than the rock, so you can make your screen bigger. My only negative points are that it doesn't fit in my pocket, and unfortunately, it won't last through my expedition to the core. You may also need to defragment its hard drive cause the stone has a tendency to fragment at times.

bhundven

Inactive Recognized Developer
Just don't let anyone catch you talking on it lol they might think you're nuts

Buck_on_rock_phone_by_Chidori1334.png

I get that sometimes... Try owning a Galaxy Note.

Bryan, you should get the Stone III. It's stronger than the rock, it's got a huge screen(face), It's got great signal, you can get rid of everything out of your path if you throw it. It's water resistant all the way down to the bottom of the ocean, and when placed in space, it attracts objects at a faster rate than the rock, so you can make your screen bigger. My only negative points are that it doesn't fit in my pocket, and unfortunately, it won't last through my expedition to the core. You may also need to defragment its hard drive cause the stone has a tendency to fragment at times.

Stone III is ok. I'm thinking about getting the IRON 4G. It's solid! I'll probably never go to outer space or the core of any planet. So I'm probably good.

Reactions: chacua358

Beastmode

Dec 28, 2010
Los Angeles
But the people who leach off of you upset you an you won't share. My problem is with the community not the development :D

Lol I agree with hechoen it's not leeching.
And if I can be honest here I think I'm the user who shares the most lol if anything people have complained about me putting out builds too quick. As for 4.2.1 I haven't put it out because I just stabilized it today and my plans were to work on 4.1.2 until it's stable then work on 4.2.1 the only reason I released cm10.1 was for people to play with and see that it is coming but I got bombared with posts about instability battery life and PMs so why would I rush myself when I said alpha build. So I'll still stick to my plan and go with that. Not because people piss me off but because it's not ready enough.

pisherthefisher

Jan 1, 2012

Thank you based beastmode

I still have another year and a half on contact, so I'll be sticking with the sgs4g for a while. It does everything I want it to and almost runs the latest version of android. Honestly I think phones with quad core processors and 2 gigs of ram are huge over kill

avrillapete

Jun 9, 2010
Columbus
I'm moving on to the Nexus 4 (arriving today, even though it said 1 - 2 weeks, it took 5 days). The SGS4G has fared me well for over 2 years, and thanks to the developers here, I wasn't stuck on TouchWiz. Had GB months before Samsung updated it, and ICS wouldn't have even been possible.

It sucks that this phone was pretty much abandoned by Samsung, and never got support for official Cyanogen because of it's wonky file systems. If only they had kept it more like the Vibrant and just upgraded the modem. It was a great phone for it's time, and still works well even with 2 years of heavy use. Happy to be moving on, but sad to retire a phone that's been in my pocket for so long.

zargeus

Jul 30, 2008
I went to Galaxy Nexus after hard bricking my SGS4G and and got my Nexus 4 at the end November. Loving my Nexus devices.

Last edited:

bkoon1218

Apr 25, 2011
New York
Moved onto Nexus 4 since December, as a Xmas gift to myself. :p

I'm still checking SGS4G forums though, since there's still great development.

abonides

Dec 2, 2012
Fredericton
Waiting for sgs4....staying away from ANY HTC, and cannot see buying anything non expandable or no ability to change out battery.....

sent from my t959w running RemICS UX, Voodoo sound, Rom Toolbox pro,sys tuner pro

eollie

Mar 30, 2011
send your changes to cm and have someone approve it though I think they want Aries and not herring to get it approved

Plus you need somebody committed enough to maintain the device FOREVER! (say forever in that obnoxious voice)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Lol I agree with hechoen it's not leeching.
    And if I can be honest here I think I'm the user who shares the most lol if anything people have complained about me putting out builds too quick. As for 4.2.1 I haven't put it out because I just stabilized it today and my plans were to work on 4.1.2 until it's stable then work on 4.2.1 the only reason I released cm10.1 was for people to play with and see that it is coming but I got bombared with posts about instability battery life and PMs so why would I rush myself when I said alpha build. So I'll still stick to my plan and go with that. Not because people piss me off but because it's not ready enough.

Already upgrading mine to an S2. Gonna keep my sgs4g for testing purposes though. You all know me, I won't leave this community, just merging with another. This is home for me. I'll always pop in to help when I can and also will keep you all updated with my new projects GFX wise. Will really miss using this phone for my Daily Driver, but I'll put it to good use to help make it better for the people still using it.

There's no problem with this community. Some people do, some don't and some full in the middle. I don't want to speak for erik, but, I have a feeling he puts his work out publicly so others may enjoy it as well. It isn't leaching the way I look at it. More of a enjoy what you have and stop asking for more idea. So yeah 4.2 is stable enough and it will most likely be released soon. One final thought before I go, you are part of the community you have a problem with. Be one of those who do.