[MOD][XPOSED][4.0+] Icon Themer v1.5 [Updated 16/5] WinterBoard-like app for Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
MOD EDIT: Thread closed for the time being considering the XDA version is outdated.

zzynJkP.png

Icon Themer allows you to use Nova/Apex/ADW etc. icon packs on your device.

You can now use *any* launcher you prefer and still have the power to customize how your application icons look like. Icon Themer is also more consistent because the icon theme is applied throughout your device and not just confined your launcher!

Features:
★ More than 100 icon packs available in Play Store ready to be applied to Icon Themer
★ Works with Paid Icon Packs
★ Works with Odex/Deodexed ROMs
★ More features to come!

Requirements:
★ Android 4.0+ and ROOT
★ Xposed Framework (Icon Themer will prompt you to install if not found)
★ Only for ARM devices (x86 devices NOT supported)

You can read Xposed Framework FAQ to understand more about compatibility.

Screenshots:

ZJRvM8d.png
iWCHhqk.png
Kaq9gwo.png
x3JzLHL.png
3dtMZzc.png

Install Instructions
  1. Install Xposed Installer
  2. Install Xposed Framework (from the Xposed Installer app)
  3. Install IconThemer
  4. Activate the module in Xposed Installer app
  5. Download Icon Packs from Play Store and apply through Icon Themer
  6. Enjoy!

Changelog:
v1.5:
- New: Some interface improvements
- New: Detect when applied theme is updated/reinstalled and react accordingly
- New: Reboot no longer needed after applying theme (although is strongly recommended / may not work with some launchers)
- New/Improve: Updated Xposed Installer to 2.1.4 (should fix issues with HTC One and Galaxy S4)
- Improve: Better handling of requirements (App in internal, Xposed Installer, Module Activation etc.)
- Fix: Some icon not themed
- Fix: Ignore themes with no appfilter.xml
- Fix: Nova Launcher crash fix (accidentally introduced a bug in previous release)
- Fix: Some other tiny fixes

v1.4:
- New: Folder Organizer Compatibility
- New: Faster Icon Packs Loading
- New: Send debug log directly from app
- New: Disable Icon Mask on demand
- New: Improved caching mechanism
- Fixed: Some icon not themed due to package alias

v1.3.2:
- Fixed Nexus 7 issue with small icons for Action Launcher

v1.3.1:
- Improved icon caching
- Now compatible with HTC Sense (tested with HTC One X)
- Fixed Nexus 7 ever changing icon size issue
- TSF Shell compatibility
- Stabilized Nova Launcher compatibility
- Other bug fixes

Complete Changelog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmgn36lmctvpamj/IconThemerChangelog.txt

Download:
Play Store Version ($1.49 Get it before the price increases again!):
mod edit

XDA Version*: mod edit: apk's infected with viruses Updated 23/6, 1:00PM GMT 8+

* For now, Play Store version and XDA version is the same. Get Play Store version to get updates easier and to support the development of the app. XDA version (free) will be up until further notice.
** Tested on Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Xperia T/TX/V. HTC Users: Xposed framework needs to be patched to support Sense. I submitted a patch, awaiting approval.

Last edited by a moderator:

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
trying this out now! if you need a tester for this lmk... also, as a themer, is there a template to use for these themes?

wyan122

Nov 29, 2012
thx for sharing ,I will try it

works perfect on my galaxy s duos

Last edited:

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Not working with Next Launcher 3D themes.

Hi, it's because the launcher is overriding the system-level icons. Can't do much about that...

-------------

Updated first post with v1.1: Implemented checks for correct installation

Working on for next release:
- Icon Mask support

Guys, feel free to post screenshots of your home screens with this mod activated. Let's show off our beautiful home screens!

Show your support by either/both purchasing the app on Play Store and pressing the Thank button on main post.

Last edited:

dmoses1969

Dec 30, 2007
Kansas
Installed this and tested it on Galaxy Note II running NoveIIa Dos rom. Using BuzzLauncher.

It changes some of the icons but not all. Also both times I have tried to apply an icon pack and select soft reboot the screen goes black, softkeys stay lit up and phone is unresponsive. Had to pull battery both times to reboot.

Wonder why it doesn't theme all icons?

Anything I can do to help troubleshoot, let me know.

Thanks

jevupy7e.jpg
y4edeba3.jpg
7evehy5u.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Currently, IconThemer does not support icon mask. Hence, it only changes icons which has a proper replacement in the theme.

Sent from my LT25i using xda app-developers app

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Updated first post with v1.2: Fixed a bug where the the prompt tries to install Icon Themer instead of Xposed Installer (weird bug!)

Reactions: avishekghosh

eZdubzitmk4

Sep 1, 2011
RI
Tested on infuse 4G. Works great thanks

Screenshot_2013-04-23-21-15-15.png

Running glass theme on trebuchet

Sent from my SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

avishekghosh

May 14, 2011
Kharagpur
Working perfectly with my razr hd xt926.I am using xposed theme modes(chromium theme) & aspek icons(with icon themer app), but some icons(phone, text message, google apps etc) already changed by the chromium theme was not changed by the icon themer. So i am getting some most used apps icon which are chromium themed n others which are aspek themed. I think after enabling icon masking with the next version of icon themer app, these problem will no longer remains...

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Working perfectly with my razr hd xt926.I am using xposed theme modes(chromium theme) & aspek icons(with icon themer app), but some icons(phone, text message, google apps etc) already changed by the chromium theme was not changed by the icon themer. So i am getting some most used apps icon which are chromium themed n others which are aspek themed. I think after enabling icon masking with the next version of icon themer app, these problem will no longer remains...

Sent from my hTc Droid Incredible 2 on MTS

I'll be releasing a new version of XThemeEngine soon. This version will give priority to Icon Themer to theme icons.

Reactions: avishekghosh

awesomeandroid

Nov 25, 2010
Butterworth
Can't install icon themer v1

Hi, I've installed Xposed framework APK, installed updates and rebooted. And then I downloaded Icon Themer V1 and it keeps saying backup not found. Went to Xposed Installer I cant install anything, module's tab is empty.

Guidance please! :)

ruqqq

Oct 12, 2008
Hi, I've installed Xposed framework APK, installed updates and rebooted. And then I downloaded Icon Themer V1 and it keeps saying backup not found. Went to Xposed Installer I cant install anything, module's tab is empty.

Guidance please! :)

Backup not found? Have you clicked Install/Update in Xposed Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD EDIT: Thread closed for the time being considering the XDA version is outdated.

zzynJkP.png

Icon Themer allows you to use Nova/Apex/ADW etc. icon packs on your device.

You can now use *any* launcher you prefer and still have the power to customize how your application icons look like. Icon Themer is also more consistent because the icon theme is applied throughout your device and not just confined your launcher!

Features:
    ★ More than 100 icon packs available in Play Store ready to be applied to Icon Themer
    ★ Works with Paid Icon Packs
    ★ Works with Odex/Deodexed ROMs
    ★ More features to come!

Requirements:
    ★ Android 4.0+ and ROOT
    ★ Xposed Framework (Icon Themer will prompt you to install if not found)
    ★ Only for ARM devices (x86 devices NOT supported)

You can read Xposed Framework FAQ to understand more about compatibility.

Screenshots:

ZJRvM8d.png
    iWCHhqk.png
    Kaq9gwo.png
    x3JzLHL.png
    3dtMZzc.png

Install Instructions
    1. Install Xposed Installer
    2. Install Xposed Framework (from the Xposed Installer app)
    3. Install IconThemer
    4. Activate the module in Xposed Installer app
    5. Download Icon Packs from Play Store and apply through Icon Themer
    6. Enjoy!

Changelog:
    v1.5:
    - New: Some interface improvements
    - New: Detect when applied theme is updated/reinstalled and react accordingly
    - New: Reboot no longer needed after applying theme (although is strongly recommended / may not work with some launchers)
    - New/Improve: Updated Xposed Installer to 2.1.4 (should fix issues with HTC One and Galaxy S4)
    - Improve: Better handling of requirements (App in internal, Xposed Installer, Module Activation etc.)
    - Fix: Some icon not themed
    - Fix: Ignore themes with no appfilter.xml
    - Fix: Nova Launcher crash fix (accidentally introduced a bug in previous release)
    - Fix: Some other tiny fixes

v1.4:
    - New: Folder Organizer Compatibility
    - New: Faster Icon Packs Loading
    - New: Send debug log directly from app
    - New: Disable Icon Mask on demand
    - New: Improved caching mechanism
    - Fixed: Some icon not themed due to package alias

v1.3.2:
    - Fixed Nexus 7 issue with small icons for Action Launcher

v1.3.1:
    - Improved icon caching
    - Now compatible with HTC Sense (tested with HTC One X)
    - Fixed Nexus 7 ever changing icon size issue
    - TSF Shell compatibility
    - Stabilized Nova Launcher compatibility
    - Other bug fixes

Complete Changelog: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmgn36lmctvpamj/IconThemerChangelog.txt

Download:
    Play Store Version ($1.49 Get it before the price increases again!):
    mod edit

XDA Version*: mod edit: apk's infected with viruses Updated 23/6, 1:00PM GMT 8+

* For now, Play Store version and XDA version is the same. Get Play Store version to get updates easier and to support the development of the app. XDA version (free) will be up until further notice.
    ** Tested on Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Xperia T/TX/V. HTC Users: Xposed framework needs to be patched to support Sense. I submitted a patch, awaiting approval.
    When is the xda version getting the update, dev? You're advertising on xda right now, but there should be a working xda version to be allowed to do that. Play store version was updated over a week ago.
    Thread is reopened and the OP will be providing new links
    I better get a lot if thanks for this lol jkjk but thanks if I helped

I bought the app so I cab upload and share with you guys

Mod Edit:Link Removed

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks! Any estimated time until the feature comes along?
    Sorry, I have no ETA at the moment. Meanwhile, I'd like to update you guys that the engine rewrite is going well! I have a working version which is now optimized to use lesser RAM. This will probably solve memory related issues. At the same time, the new engine would also mean you no longer need to reapply icon pack after installing a new app; v1.5 already implemented this but it's a little buggy.