[Full ICS ROM] Multilanguage/Toggle2g /STK/Tethering [Updated 10/3/2014]

Search This thread

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlike the V1 package this is now a Full ROM, You don't need to install anything before it.

The Rom is in TWRP backup format, so you need to use TWRP to install it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what's inside ?

The ROM v2 is still almost stock but has some more addition/variations if compared with v1:

This is the original v1 description

#1 A couple of C-Spire specific Apps are removed

#2 The chrome Browser and the Gmail client are removed to keep the downloads small (they can be easily installed from the Playstore, if needed)

#3 the stock Contacts app from the C-spire ROM has a white background, so I used the one from the Sprint ROM (i like it black :) )

#4 The static backgrounds are from the Sprint ROM too (i like them more :) )

#5 the hotspot applet is added

#6 the Toggle2G app is preinstalled, is very useful to get more juice from your battery, but is usually impossible to have it on a stock ROM (credits to TheMasterBaron for this nice piece of code)

#7 The whole ROM is translated in many languages (see the image below to know, what languages are included). Most of the more relevant menus are translated, although the translation is not 100% complete (you can expect some English on LTE, NFC, phisical keyboard settings menus, and similar settings)

28v83o3.jpg

#8The Swipe OEM keyboard is not limited to English and Spanish anymore, and supports even more languages than the ROM itself

53322d.jpg

#9 All the Google apps included and the Smartactions App are already updated to the latest available version as today [18/11/2013]

#10 The (ugly) C-spire bootanimation is replaced with the unbranded Motorola "dual core" one.

And this is what's new on V2.

• Fixed the missing "allow GSM data" menu that often prevented to use the data from GSM networks.

[*]Tetheron.sh script included to unlock the stock tethering function.

[*]Operator name in status bar.

[*]Four button navbar mod preinstalled.

[*]arrrghhh'skernel, meant to reach 1.8GHz, modded by me to have the external SDcard as default storage location

[*]Additional translations, some refinements in the ones already present

[*]Updated playstore/gapps/motorola apps

[*]The the network type (G,/H, H+) is visible (in gray) even when data are disabled

[*]Status Led is lit when the pgone is charging

[*]The Xperia home is preinstalled as alternate launcher choice

[*]The Xperia keyboard (great !!) with T9 and swipe function is provided as an alternate input method

[*]I reversed the approach to make toggle 2G working here, in v1 was resigned to match my own signature, in v2 the whole ROM is signed with Cyanogen's, signature. So any future version of T2G should work w/o any modifications.

[*]Additionally, given the Cyanogen signature, some other tools meant to work with the Cyanogen ROMs that needs signature may work here.

[*]Additionally, with the "standard" signature a developer other than me can easily improve the rom w/o the need to contact me.
    So the ROM is now more future proof.

[*]Likely something I forgot to mention given the rom was built many months ago.
:D

Now how to install:

(Assuming you are already unlocked and rooted, and you have the latest TWRP recovery already installed)

#0 Do a full backup with titanium backup, likely you need to do a full wipe to use this (likely even if coming from the Rom V1)

#1 Download the four 7zip packages and extract their contents. (its a multivolume archive, just place all four files in the same place and extract the content from the first one)

#2 copy the extracted folder in the right place

/mnt/external1/TWRP/BACKUPS/{phone serial}/

#3 do a full wipe and reboot.

#4 follow the initial wizard (it will give an error at the very beginning, just use the phisical keyboard to get rid of it and choose a language other than English, then continue as usual).

#5 Start to use the phone.

#6 Optionally use Titanium to restore the data and the settings you like to restore.

All credits for toggle 2g are deserved to to Rangerbry

The rom is provided with a fully working STK (Sim toolkit), maybe for the very first time on a stock Motorola ROM coming from a CDMA provider.

Most of the credits are due to kabaldan for the useful suggestions that made it possible.

2irvml1.png
d8cwn.png

-----

Not mandatory, but you can enable/disable the internal SD emulation editing a line in /system/build.prop

persist.fuse_sdcard = true

persist.fuse_sdcard = false

------

Not mandatory but is suggested to freeze com.motorola.storageoptimizer (or remove/rename Fileservices.apk from the /system/app directory)

This apk is responsible of the option to move photos and videos from the internal SD to the external SD, that becomes pointless and misleading using this mod.

Attachments

• PQ-T.S.-international.V2.txt
    250 bytes · Views: 357
  • PQ-T.S.-international.V2-new-mirror.txt
    78 bytes · Views: 58
Last edited:

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
Some little FAQs to prevent boring questions.

#1 Can I use this on any Photon Q ?

Yes you can, (assuming you have TRWP already installed) just restore the backup files provided using TWRP

#2 Can I use It to update the stock Sprint ICS ROM ?

V2 ROM is not in update format anymore, it's a whole ROM, so it will overwrite the old one.

#3 Do you mind to redo the same for Sprint ROMs

No, I'm afraid no

#4 And what about JB ?

See question 3, I don't like JB in general, and even less on PQ (idiotic app picker, features missing, way more ram used and so on), if you don't mind the flick email/contacts function and You like more the quick settings sidepanel from JB you can just use the JB launcher on the ICS ROMs (you need to replace three apk for this (circle, home and home settings)

#5 Why C-spire and not Sprint ROMs as base ?

Because the C-Spire one is way cleaner than the Sprint one, so better suited for non CDMA users.

#6 So this ROM is already debloated ?

Yes and no, it has natively way less bloat than Sprint (or Verizon) ROMs, but I left the ROM as untouched as possible, so feel free to remove what you don't want inside your ROM, according to the dozens of threads about the debloat topic.

#7 What about 4 navigation buttons/battery/toggle mods ?

Can I use Rangerbry's modded apks meant to work on Sprint ROMs?

No, not out of the box.

The modded APK must be resigned to work with this ROM ( I'll post something later. Maybe :) )

#8 What about the extended Power menu ?

I don't mind to work on it, just use Xposed framework + the advanced power menu module, it works perfectly on PQ

#9 What about the themes ?

See #8, use the linked Xposed framework, install the Xtheme engine, and any theme made for it, they will work flawlwssly on PQ

#10 What about overclock ?

The included kernel is already overclocked to 1.8 GHz, it's not a strong overclock and should work on any PQ, if you want to run @The stock frequency, just use "No-frills CPU Controll", setCPU or something similar to control the CPU frequency

Last edited:

ZenInsight

Jun 29, 2010
Kansas City
So this is based on ICS?

If a mod like this comes to 4.4 for the Photon, this phone could be the most popular keyboard phone on Earth (for modders), considering that 4.4 doesn't have the same overhead (RAM wasting) as JB.

By the way, how is the battery life?

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
So this is based on ICS?

If a mod like this comes to 4.4 for the Photon, this phone could be the most popular keyboard phone on Earth (for modders), considering that 4.4 doesn't have the same overhead (RAM wasting) as JB.

Yes it's based on ICS, maybe I'm too old school but i like more what solves my problems rather than some bells and whistles.

My priority now is to iron out some remaining glitches and to fix some limitations like the tethering one

By the way, how is the battery life?

My Photon still suffers of an hw problem on the cellular radio section (it's way less sensitive than it should be) so the battery life is affected by the higher transmission power it uses.

So, until I replace the logic board my observations about the battery life would be pointless for the other readers.

Anyway the ROM is almost untouched on its basics, so the battery life is no more and no less than the stock ICS one, that can be roughly translated in "is better than any AOSP/Cyanogen ROM"

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
How can I get data connection working with C-spire rom?

I have sim mod and I have TIM sim card (italy) but with C-spire rom restored from recovery I can't get data connection working..

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin

I have sim mod and I have TIM sim card (italy) but with C-spire rom restored from recovery I can't get data connection working..

I'm sorry, there's an option disabled on native C-Spire ROM's, I already fixed this long time ago, but given the lack of interest I forgot to ulpoad it.

I will upload the fix ASAP.

Reactions: nagash91

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
As promised i posted the fixed Rom with many improvements

I removed the old download links as the ROM is already fully integrated with the bells and whistles, once provided as separate downloads.

I'm going to edit the faqs according to make them match the new situation.

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Thank you, but how to remove the 4 button navigator to get the standard 3 button?
:silly:

I don't need search key, and I really need multitasking key.

Using these files I can't get UI working (no navigation bar and no notification bar)

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
Thank you, but how to remove the 4 button navigator to get the standard 3 button?
:silly:

I don't need search key, and I really need multitasking key.

Multitasking key = long press home as in gingerbread, samsung.

Search key is not just a search key (that anyway is useful on almost any app) but can be customized with varius sw to do a lot of quick task

Using these files I can't get UI working (no navigation bar and no notification

As I wrote in the instructions, just chose the language (with the phisical keyboard) during the initial wizard and your UI will start working fine

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Multitasking key = long press home as in gingerbread, samsung.

Search key is not just a search key (that anyway is useful on almost any app) but can be customized with varius sw to do a lot of quick task

As I wrote in the instructions, just chose the language (with the phisical keyboard) during the initial wizard and your UI will start working fine

I have explained badly and I forgot to paste a link:

I would like to have the standard 3 buttons with istant multitasking (don't like the long press).
I used these flashable in this topic: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1860983
But won't work. I think that these flashable are for sprint rom only.

Do you have another solution? Also with xposed I can't get that mod, becaues gravity box mods are only for android 4.1+
(I think I could flash original file for GUI)

Thanks

Last edited:

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin

I would like to have the standard 3 buttons with instant multitasking (don't like the long press).

Looks like google is succeeding in teaching bad habits :D

I think that these flashable are for sprint ROM only.

Indeed they don't world as they are. Just look at point #7 on the faqs

The akp involved on the phone core must be signed with the correct signature.

Motorola ROMs have a Motorola signature, this one have the cyanogen one.

So you need just to grab the original SystemUI.apk and resign it with the Cyanogen signature to make it working on my Rom.

If I have time I can do it for you, but not now, later this week.

Do you have another solution?

You can also use Ultimate Navbar Pro to have a dynamic (and fully customizable) navbar + GMD hide bar to hide the default one. (and to get more screen size)

Or

GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys to have more or less the same effect

or GMD hide bar + any navbar replacement, like some circle apps, some floating navbar and so on.

Or a combination of the above to get what fits best your needs.

Last edited:

Techman666

Jan 17, 2009
I have just flashed this rom - works great, but i have a problem with persist.fuse_sdcard i have it set to true, but everything is being put on my internal memory and the sd card is empty - should i change something else ?

Edit: Additionally I have uninstalled the com.motorola.storageoptimizer with Titanium Backup - but I'm still getting the notification that I'm low on space and it wants to move my pictures and other stuff.

Last edited:

Logos Ascetic

Nov 12, 2010
Moto X4
where are all of the download links? Does anyone have the Rom and additional files that were posted by the Developer?

**EDIT** Sorry I found the links in the Attached TXT

Last edited:

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
....i need multilang version 4.1.2 for my customers :)

Hi Cornholio - are you still using this ROM, how do you find it? I'm thinking about rolling back to a simpler/faster ROM.
If you aren't using this one, what do you recommend? Can I simply wipe & flash this with TWRP, coming from KK PAC-ROM?

Thanks mate.

Sent from my PHOTON Q using XDA Free mobile app

CornholioGSM

Apr 13, 2005
Prague
Last edited:

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
if you give me ftp i can upload it :)

...here are stock firmwares:
http://motofirmware.com/files/category/1-asantic/

Hi there, I sent you a dropbox link to upload into (your gmail email address). Do you think it will flash easily onto the phone coming from a KK ROM?

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

if you give me ftp i can upload it :)

...here are stock firmwares:
http://motofirmware.com/files/category/1-asantic/

I checked out the link - there are 6 files there, all different?

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
Got this up & running after a few tries - the english keyboard error is a pita, so rebooted into recovery & wiped a few times. Set it for English UK & the error stopped.

Kinda nice to see the old UI etc. Just need to check that everything I want to use will run on this in the way I'm used to.

Comes up with google books etc, which I don't want, so will look for a way to strip those out.

Sent from my XT897 using XDA Free mobile app

schmandroid

Apr 29, 2013
Perth
Got this up & running after a few tries - the english keyboard error is a pita, so rebooted into recovery & wiped a few times. Set it for English UK & the error stopped.

Kinda nice to see the old UI etc. Just need to check that everything I want to use will run on this in the way I'm used to.

Comes up with google books etc, which I don't want, so will look for a way to strip those out.

This is running well so far, not found any apps or features missing that I want to use from KK yet. Fixed my mic issues (so far).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Unlike the V1 package this is now a Full ROM, You don't need to install anything before it.

The Rom is in TWRP backup format, so you need to use TWRP to install it

So, what's inside ?

The ROM v2 is still almost stock but has some more addition/variations if compared with v1:

This is the original v1 description

#1 A couple of C-Spire specific Apps are removed

#2 The chrome Browser and the Gmail client are removed to keep the downloads small (they can be easily installed from the Playstore, if needed)

#3 the stock Contacts app from the C-spire ROM has a white background, so I used the one from the Sprint ROM (i like it black :) )

#4 The static backgrounds are from the Sprint ROM too (i like them more :) )

#5 the hotspot applet is added

#6 the Toggle2G app is preinstalled, is very useful to get more juice from your battery, but is usually impossible to have it on a stock ROM (credits to TheMasterBaron for this nice piece of code)

#7 The whole ROM is translated in many languages (see the image below to know, what languages are included). Most of the more relevant menus are translated, although the translation is not 100% complete (you can expect some English on LTE, NFC, phisical keyboard settings menus, and similar settings)

28v83o3.jpg

#8The Swipe OEM keyboard is not limited to English and Spanish anymore, and supports even more languages than the ROM itself

53322d.jpg

#9 All the Google apps included and the Smartactions App are already updated to the latest available version as today [18/11/2013]

#10 The (ugly) C-spire bootanimation is replaced with the unbranded Motorola "dual core" one.

And this is what's new on V2.

• Fixed the missing "allow GSM data" menu that often prevented to use the data from GSM networks.

[*]Tetheron.sh script included to unlock the stock tethering function.

[*]Operator name in status bar.

[*]Four button navbar mod preinstalled.

[*]arrrghhh'skernel, meant to reach 1.8GHz, modded by me to have the external SDcard as default storage location

[*]Additional translations, some refinements in the ones already present

[*]Updated playstore/gapps/motorola apps

[*]The the network type (G,/H, H+) is visible (in gray) even when data are disabled

[*]Status Led is lit when the pgone is charging

[*]The Xperia home is preinstalled as alternate launcher choice

[*]The Xperia keyboard (great !!) with T9 and swipe function is provided as an alternate input method

[*]I reversed the approach to make toggle 2G working here, in v1 was resigned to match my own signature, in v2 the whole ROM is signed with Cyanogen's, signature. So any future version of T2G should work w/o any modifications.

[*]Additionally, given the Cyanogen signature, some other tools meant to work with the Cyanogen ROMs that needs signature may work here.

[*]Additionally, with the "standard" signature a developer other than me can easily improve the rom w/o the need to contact me.
      So the ROM is now more future proof.

[*]Likely something I forgot to mention given the rom was built many months ago.
    :D

Now how to install:

(Assuming you are already unlocked and rooted, and you have the latest TWRP recovery already installed)

#0 Do a full backup with titanium backup, likely you need to do a full wipe to use this (likely even if coming from the Rom V1)

#1 Download the four 7zip packages and extract their contents. (its a multivolume archive, just place all four files in the same place and extract the content from the first one)

#2 copy the extracted folder in the right place

/mnt/external1/TWRP/BACKUPS/{phone serial}/

#3 do a full wipe and reboot.

#4 follow the initial wizard (it will give an error at the very beginning, just use the phisical keyboard to get rid of it and choose a language other than English, then continue as usual).

#5 Start to use the phone.

#6 Optionally use Titanium to restore the data and the settings you like to restore.

All credits for toggle 2g are deserved to to Rangerbry

The rom is provided with a fully working STK (Sim toolkit), maybe for the very first time on a stock Motorola ROM coming from a CDMA provider.

Most of the credits are due to kabaldan for the useful suggestions that made it possible.

2irvml1.png
    d8cwn.png

-----

Not mandatory, but you can enable/disable the internal SD emulation editing a line in /system/build.prop

persist.fuse_sdcard = true

persist.fuse_sdcard = false

------

Not mandatory but is suggested to freeze com.motorola.storageoptimizer (or remove/rename Fileservices.apk from the /system/app directory)

This apk is responsible of the option to move photos and videos from the internal SD to the external SD, that becomes pointless and misleading using this mod.
    Some little FAQs to prevent boring questions.

#1 Can I use this on any Photon Q ?

Yes you can, (assuming you have TRWP already installed) just restore the backup files provided using TWRP

#2 Can I use It to update the stock Sprint ICS ROM ?

V2 ROM is not in update format anymore, it's a whole ROM, so it will overwrite the old one.

#3 Do you mind to redo the same for Sprint ROMs

No, I'm afraid no

#4 And what about JB ?

See question 3, I don't like JB in general, and even less on PQ (idiotic app picker, features missing, way more ram used and so on), if you don't mind the flick email/contacts function and You like more the quick settings sidepanel from JB you can just use the JB launcher on the ICS ROMs (you need to replace three apk for this (circle, home and home settings)

#5 Why C-spire and not Sprint ROMs as base ?

Because the C-Spire one is way cleaner than the Sprint one, so better suited for non CDMA users.

#6 So this ROM is already debloated ?

Yes and no, it has natively way less bloat than Sprint (or Verizon) ROMs, but I left the ROM as untouched as possible, so feel free to remove what you don't want inside your ROM, according to the dozens of threads about the debloat topic.

#7 What about 4 navigation buttons/battery/toggle mods ?

Can I use Rangerbry's modded apks meant to work on Sprint ROMs?

No, not out of the box.

The modded APK must be resigned to work with this ROM ( I'll post something later. Maybe :) )

#8 What about the extended Power menu ?

I don't mind to work on it, just use Xposed framework + the advanced power menu module, it works perfectly on PQ

#9 What about the themes ?

See #8, use the linked Xposed framework, install the Xtheme engine, and any theme made for it, they will work flawlwssly on PQ

#10 What about overclock ?

The included kernel is already overclocked to 1.8 GHz, it's not a strong overclock and should work on any PQ, if you want to run @The stock frequency, just use "No-frills CPU Controll", setCPU or something similar to control the CPU frequency

I'm sorry, there's an option disabled on native C-Spire ROM's, I already fixed this long time ago, but given the lack of interest I forgot to ulpoad it.

I will upload the fix ASAP.
    As promised i posted the fixed Rom with many improvements

I removed the old download links as the ROM is already fully integrated with the bells and whistles, once provided as separate downloads.

I'm going to edit the faqs according to make them match the new situation.

I would like to have the standard 3 buttons with instant multitasking (don't like the long press).

Looks like google is succeeding in teaching bad habits :D

I think that these flashable are for sprint ROM only.

Indeed they don't world as they are. Just look at point #7 on the faqs

The akp involved on the phone core must be signed with the correct signature.

Motorola ROMs have a Motorola signature, this one have the cyanogen one.

So you need just to grab the original SystemUI.apk and resign it with the Cyanogen signature to make it working on my Rom.

If I have time I can do it for you, but not now, later this week.

Do you have another solution?

You can also use Ultimate Navbar Pro to have a dynamic (and fully customizable) navbar + GMD hide bar to hide the default one. (and to get more screen size)

Or

GMD Auto Hide Soft Keys to have more or less the same effect

or GMD hide bar + any navbar replacement, like some circle apps, some floating navbar and so on.

Or a combination of the above to get what fits best your needs.