Working MMS after flashing Note 3 Features zip

Search This thread

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
This is how I was able to get mms working after flashing Note 3 features zip .

After flashing your preferred 4.3 ROM, use a root accessible file explorer(I use root explorer), go to Root/System/app... scroll down to SecMms.apk, copy and paste to int/ext memory. Flash the Note 3 Features zip...Flash the AirCommand icon fix zip.
Once phone has rebooted and is running take the original SecMms.apk you copied (from the 4.3 ROM you originally flashed)and push to System/app. Fix permissions rw/r/r, reboot. Let phone start up then send an mms to yourself or anyone else. Have them send one back.
It won't be the Note3 mms but it works and still allows you to keep the rest of the Note3 features with AirCommand.

Last edited:

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
So this would fix the MMS issue with SyngergyRom r3?

I flashed Team Venom mK4 ROM and these are the steps I did and it worked. When you flash the Note 3 zip the SecMms.apk is like 10.4 mbs but the original one for 4.3 for our phone is only 5+mbs. Hopefully it works for you as it did me. Just try and see.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
I flashed Team Venom mK4 ROM and these are the steps I did and it worked. When you flash the Note 3 zip the SecMms.apk is like 10.4 mbs but the original one for 4.3 for our phone is only 5+mbs. Hopefully it works for you as it did me. Just try and see.

Let me know how it goes. That way we can try to fix this issue.
Thanks.

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery

brokenbmx06

Mar 12, 2008
Awesome! Works for me on Synergy r3 as well! Going to have to share over on that thread!

Edit: Looks like ianmb already posted it to that thread, thanks!

Last edited:

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
302 views and no other comments as to know if this has helped anyone?
Some useful feedback would be appreciated so as to know if this is working for others.
Thanks everyone for your possible feedback and have a safe and happy holiday!

cajun9924

Dec 24, 2012
302 views and no other comments as to know if this has helped anyone?
Some useful feedback would be appreciated so as to know if this is working for others.
Thanks everyone for your possible feedback and have a safe and happy holiday!

Worked for me on synergy r3 thanks for sharing

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Note 2. Flashed Synergy Rom. Flashed The AirCommand Fix Along With Note 3 Features. Phone Wont Boot. Any ideas?

Which Synergy ROM did you flash? The latest r3 ALREADY has the Note 3 features baked in...so if you flashed Synergy r3 then flashed the Note 3 features...that's why.Just flash the ROM itself let it boot then try the Note 3 features. If Air Command icons show and the other Note 3 features that are available for our phones work then don't flash anything else.

burna

Jun 10, 2008
could someone please post note 3 features zip. Cant find it. Would really appreciate it thanks

Jun 15, 2010

After flashing your preferred 4.3 ROM, use a root accessible file explorer(I use root explorer), go to Root/System/app... scroll down to SecMms.apk, copy and paste to int/ext memory. Flash the Note 3 Features zip...Flash the AirCommand icon fix zip.
Once phone has rebooted and is running take the original SecMms.apk you copied (from the 4.3 ROM you originally flashed)and push to System/app. Fix permissions rw/r/r, reboot. Let phone start up then send an mms to yourself or anyone else. Have them send one back.
It won't be the Note3 mms but it works and still allows you to keep the rest of the Note3 features with AirCommand.

What do you mean Push? Do I need to use ADB or can I just use file explorer and move it back to the correct location?

Kingpacatron

Oct 6, 2013
Hey

Hey witch one did you try and methods im mk4 rooted tw
Been trying to port it since the update and non of them work on the l900 nor installing the apks forced I keep getting tw failed gapps failed etc.. ?

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Hey witch one did you try and methods im mk4 rooted tw
Been trying to port it since the update and non of them work on the l900 nor installing the apks forced I keep getting tw failed gapps failed etc.. ?

Huh? This mms fix is for sprint. Not sure why your gapps failed. Just copy downloaded apk to system/app using root explorer, fix permissions...reboot. Done!

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers

Kingpacatron

Oct 6, 2013
Huh? This mms fix is for sprint. Not sure why your gapps failed. Just copy downloaded apk to system/app using root explorer, fix permissions...reboot. Done!

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers

Sorry I misread I been yrying to fimd the correct port mod mk4 note 3 for galaxyn2 l900 I did that I opened up the zips when installing failed and tried using root explorer fixed pms and reboot but nogo im giving up also I have to be deodex todo it but even than idk anyone are read on anyone l900 with all the gn3 goodies

Top Liked Posts