Help needed on custom ROM's

Search This thread

mbsam2003

May 10, 2011
Hi guys, I am not able to post on development thread because the post count is less. So posting here. I have following gadgets with me. Samsung note N7000,grand duos I9082, galaxy s duos, micromax canvas magnus A117 and A54. I have rooted all phones except A117 which is in warranty.
I have some issues with the custom ROMs on I9082 and s duos.
In I9082 am running the kitkat cosmic ROM. Problem here is am not able to see from which sim the miss calls came. It is not showing the details of sim details in miss call log. Other than that every thing seems to be fine.
On Samsung galaxy s duos I am running pmp ultra ROM v 7.5. There am not getting an option to dual from 2nd sim.
Could anybody please help me here on above issues
Cheers
Sam
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

Hi guys, I am not able to post on development thread because the post count is less. So posting here. I have following gadgets with me. Samsung note N7000,grand duos I9082, galaxy s duos, micromax canvas magnus A117 and A54. I have rooted all phones except A117 which is in warranty.
I have some issues with the custom ROMs on I9082 and s duos.
In I9082 am running the kitkat cosmic ROM. Problem here is am not able to see from which sim the miss calls came. It is not showing the details of sim details in miss call log. Other than that every thing seems to be fine.
On Samsung galaxy s duos I am running pmp ultra ROM v 7.5. There am not getting an option to dual from 2nd sim.
Could anybody please help me here on above issues
Cheers
Sam
Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

There might be a colour set for a specific SIM .. go to settings>Sim management and set it according wise..
And when call comes u'l see the colour of sim for which the call came.. IF ONLY THE CUSTOM ROM HAS SIM MANAGEMENT SETTING..

mbsam2003

May 10, 2011
In setting I have Dual SIM setting. But can't find color change option.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app

mbsam2003

May 10, 2011
There might be a colour set for a specific SIM .. go to settings>Sim management and set it according wise..
And when call comes u'l see the colour of sim for which the call came.. IF ONLY THE CUSTOM ROM HAS SIM MANAGEMENT SETTING..

Did anybody facing low speaker volume on Cosmic KitKat Rom in Samsung galaxy grand. My speaker(Normal and External) volume is decreaded. Is there any patch or something to solve this

mbsam2003

May 10, 2011
Cosmic CM (kitkat 4.4.x) samsung grand dual sim settings

Hi,
How to configure the dual sim settings in Cosmic CM on galaxy grand duos. I have enabled both the sim's, Problem is in call history it is not showing from which sim the call came or called. Any help really appreciated
Cheers,
Sam

Hi,
How to configure the dual sim settings in Cosmic CM on galaxy grand duos. I have enabled both the sim's, Problem is in call history it is not showing from which sim the call came or called. Any help really appreciated
Cheers,
Sam

Maybe , It is a problem with ROM porting . All you have to do is flash a ROM made for your own phone model or just try to update the ROM via OTA updater . It may work :)

The ROM which i have installed is for the I9082 only. See bellow link.. I can't post any query there because i don't have permission..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2627818

How do I enable Dual SIM?
To enable or disable, run the following command from adb or terminal emulator and then reboot. SIM Settings can then be found in Settings -> Multi Sim Settings.

Enable:

su
setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds

Disable:

su
setprop persist.radio.multisim.config none

-Note that Dual SIM mode currently has the following limitations:
-Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
-"Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
-The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
-There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
-Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
-Changing 2G/3G mode in Settings may show too many options if the language used is not English. If more than 3 options is shown, only use the 3 top options (which will be WCDMA only/GSM only/WCDMA preferred regardless of the actual label shown).
-3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
-Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
-Baseband version not displayed in Settings

Posted By k2wl

Duel Sim Patch HERE

NB: YOU HAD BETTER READ THIS ONCE MORE

mbsam2003

May 10, 2011
How do I enable Dual SIM?
To enable or disable, run the following command from adb or terminal emulator and then reboot. SIM Settings can then be found in Settings -> Multi Sim Settings.

Enable:

Disable:

-Note that Dual SIM mode currently has the following limitations:
-Both SIMs are always enabled (no way to disable one SIM)
-"Receive incoming call while data is enabled" is always enabled
-The QuickSettings tile will display the status for the currently selected SIM for data
-There is no arrow activity indicator in the status bar.
-Changing 2G/3G network mode using the QuickSettings toggle is not supported, only do it from Settings.
-Changing 2G/3G mode in Settings may show too many options if the language used is not English. If more than 3 options is shown, only use the 3 top options (which will be WCDMA only/GSM only/WCDMA preferred regardless of the actual label shown).
-3G may not work properly if Dual SIM mode is enabled with only 1 SIM inserted
-Cannot set different ringtone for each SIM
-Baseband version not displayed in Settings

Posted By k2wl

Duel Sim Patch HERE

NB: YOU HAD BETTER READ THIS ONCE MORE

Thanks mate, I am aware of above comments, My problem is in call log it is not showing from which sim the call came or called. Normally in dual sim phone call log it will show from which sim the call came or called.

Thanks mate, I am aware of above comments, My problem is in call log it is not showing from which sim the call came or called. Normally in dual sim phone call log it will show from which sim the call came or called.

Great . It is just a problem with call log (APK) . You can take it from any other duel sim phones . I will try to modify the app . You had better report it to some devoloper :)

so how to go about that.. do we need to uninstall current one and install that??? any documentation or notes on that....

If you are backed up using CWM, the APK will be somewhere here ----------------------clockworkmod\backup\ (date) \system.ext4.tar
There will be system APKs in Apps. You can find yours and extract it (WinRAR will be goooooooooooooood)

Steps to install phone log ( Or any system App)
1-Copy desired apk to SD-Card (Using USB or something else)
2-Download ES File Explorer OR Root Browser
3-Copy the APK to device/system
4-Change permissions to re-writable
5-Copy APK to device/system/App folder
6-Restart the phone

NB: Both APK files (current in system and the one you intend to install) must have same name :cowboy:

Try it your self :good:

Hit thanks if I helped ;)

Last edited: