Custom Rom Compatible With Htc One?

Search This thread

Tommyboy77

Apr 2, 2014
Looking for a compatible rom for an htc one m7wls (sprint) running twrp 2.6.3 I have tried several and cant seem to find any that are compatible. Secondly do I have to flash the unzipped boot.img file that's with the rom after I flash the rom? I have tried viper, beanstalk, android revolution and cant seem to find any to get my phone back up and working again, it has no os on it at the moment. Thanks for all your help any suggestions and help would be awesome

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Looking for a compatible rom for an htc one m7wls (sprint) running twrp 2.6.3 I have tried several and cant seem to find any that are compatible. Secondly do I have to flash the unzipped boot.img file that's with the rom after I flash the rom? I have tried viper, beanstalk, android revolution and cant seem to find any to get my phone back up and working again, it has no os on it at the moment. Thanks for all your help any suggestions and help would be awesome

Unless you are S-Off (not just HTC Dev unlocked) then you will need to fastboot flash the boot.img in fastboot mode as well. Any of those roms should work fine if installed correctly. Just make sure that you have the appropriate firmware installed as well to make sure that the touch and other functions work properly. This means if you're original stock system was 4.2.2 and you are installing a 4.3 or 4.4.2 rom (at least Sense based) then you will need to install the firmware package as well for that update. How you install that depends on S-Off or HTC Dev unlocked, I believe.

Tommyboy77

Apr 2, 2014
hello

Unless you are S-Off (not just HTC Dev unlocked) then you will need to fastboot flash the boot.img in fastboot mode as well. Any of those roms should work fine if installed correctly. Just make sure that you have the appropriate firmware installed as well to make sure that the touch and other functions work properly. This means if you're original stock system was 4.2.2 and you are installing a 4.3 or 4.4.2 rom (at least Sense based) then you will need to install the firmware package as well for that update. How you install that depends on S-Off or HTC Dev unlocked, I believe.

Well I installed the ecliptic custom rom and it installed correctly however I can not text or use the phone features just wifi works.....I accidentally erased the os before I put the custom rom on.....could you help me figure out how to know what sprint stock rom I can go back to stock on ? I was told in order to get my calling and text features back I need to reload a sprint stock rom then go back to a custom rom if I wished however I just need to know what sprint stock rom I can use. thanks for all your help

Tommyboy77

Apr 2, 2014

If you could please send me a link to the correct sprint m7wls sprint stock rom I can use to get back to root to get phone working that woujld be awesome....so after adb pushing the zip to my internal sed card I can use twrp to install it I take it? then flash the included boot .img with the rom after flashing the rom to get it to work correct right?? just want to make sure im doing the right thing instead of going in circles.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Well I installed the ecliptic custom rom and it installed correctly however I can not text or use the phone features just wifi works.....I accidentally erased the os before I put the custom rom on.....could you help me figure out how to know what sprint stock rom I can go back to stock on ? I was told in order to get my calling and text features back I need to reload a sprint stock rom then go back to a custom rom if I wished however I just need to know what sprint stock rom I can use. thanks for all your help

Weird that that one isn't working, but just shoot for a regular Sprint based custom rom like Bad Boyz and you should be fine. What was your previous firmware/OS before you wiped it? Which baseband are you using? Which version of the rom are you trying to use now? What recovery are you using? What happens when you try to make a call or text - error code or message? But either way, if you load a regular or custom Sprint based rom and update your PRL and Profile, then you should be fine to switch back to another rom, if wanted. This is why it's always good to both make a nandroid, and to save it in a save space, if needed, for times like this. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

If you could please send me a link to the correct sprint m7wls sprint stock rom I can use to get back to root to get phone working that woujld be awesome....so after adb pushing the zip to my internal sed card I can use twrp to install it I take it? then flash the included boot .img with the rom after flashing the rom to get it to work correct right?? just want to make sure im doing the right thing instead of going in circles.

You are correct about adb pushing the zip to internal, flashing, then fastboot flashing the boot.img to finish. I can't make a suggestion of which rom to use without knowing what you were using before though so everything will match up and work properly (firmware, baseband, OS, etc).

Tommyboy77

Apr 2, 2014
Hello

Weird that that one isn't working, but just shoot for a regular Sprint based custom rom like Bad Boyz and you should be fine. What was your previous firmware/OS before you wiped it? Which baseband are you using? Which version of the rom are you trying to use now? What recovery are you using? What happens when you try to make a call or text - error code or message? But either way, if you load a regular or custom Sprint based rom and update your PRL and Profile, then you should be fine to switch back to another rom, if wanted. This is why it's always good to both make a nandroid, and to save it in a save space, if needed, for times like this. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

You are correct about adb pushing the zip to internal, flashing, then fastboot flashing the boot.img to finish. I can't make a suggestion of which rom to use without knowing what you were using before though so everything will match up and work properly (firmware, baseband, OS, etc).

Well I tried installing bad boyz 5514 and the old version 5512.....then I flash the boot img.....it installs fine however when it gets to unlock the screen it sneds me in a reboot...happened for both versions any ideas whats wrong?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Well I tried installing bad boyz 5514 and the old version 5512.....then I flash the boot img.....it installs fine however when it gets to unlock the screen it sneds me in a reboot...happened for both versions any ideas whats wrong?

Might need to do another factory reset. But I've already said repeatedly that it is important to know what the original firmware / software was on the phone before it started having issues and its because of troubleshooting issues like this as well as it is just important on most HTC phones to have these things matching properly between the firmware and OS as well as the radio.

Last edited:

Tommyboy77

Apr 2, 2014
hello

Might need to do another factory reset. But I've already said repeatedly that it is important to know what the original firmware / software was on the phone before it started having issues and its because of troubleshooting issues like this as well as it is just important on most HTC phones to have these things matching properly between the firmware and OS as well as the radio.

I completely erased my entire phone including the os and don't know what firmware software was on the phone to begin with was stock sprint....so I don't know what firmware was on there or os or radio

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I completely erased my entire phone including the os and don't know what firmware software was on the phone to begin with was stock sprint....so I don't know what firmware was on there or os or radio

Then it is recommended to run the newest RUU to make sure your partitions, OS, radio, and firmware are all properly matched. Once that happens, you can just fastboot flash a recovery back and then redo whatever 4.4 rom you want at that stage. Yea, it sucks to have to do the extra steps, but some things you just have to do to make sure everything works properly. It never pays to cut corners when you need your phone to function correctly.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2658910