[Q] upd_1 trojan

Search This thread
Aug 3, 2014
Good Morning,

i want to use a newer Android Version on my Samsung Galaxy Ace and for that i want use this tutorial: [ok, i cant post links. But in this tutorial is a link for a upd_1.zip download from this site]

If i click on the link to download the upd_1.zip i get a trojan alert from avast free antivirus. Can I assume that it is a false alarm?
(Maybe i should buy a second fullversion of eset for this notebook.)
Or will each windows antivirus programm give an alarm beacause the upd_1.zip is a non windows data?

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
Good Morning,

i want to use a newer Android Version on my Samsung Galaxy Ace and for that i want use this tutorial: [ok, i cant post links. But in this tutorial is a link for a upd_1.zip download from this site]

If i click on the link to download the upd_1.zip i get a trojan alert from avast free antivirus. Can I assume that it is a false alarm?
Or will each windows antivirus programm give an alarm beacause the upd_1.zip is a non windows data?

i dont know the answer to your queston, but i would try finding other methods. if they all give you an alert, its probably safe to assume that they are safe.
for samsung galxay ace, there is a website novafusion, http://novafusion.pl/downloads/
which has good files, i use them.

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
Good Morning,

some exploits trigger as a virus, this is normal. just make sure you get the files from a good site like xda, so you don't get tricked and it is a virus for real.

Aug 3, 2014
i dont know the answer to your queston, but i would try finding other methods. if they all give you an alert, its probably safe to assume that they are safe.

I had previously tried that, but I could not find a download that worked, which I trust or with the correct file.

some exploits trigger as a virus, this is normal. just make sure you get the files from a good site like xda, so you don't get tricked and it is a virus for real.

Ok thanks for that information.
And for the case that there is a real trojan in the download can it only be a Windows trojan right? I supposed that a anti virus programm for windows cant find malicious software for android.