[ROM][WWE][2010-NOV-25][SENSE 2.1/2.5/NO-SENSE] The Captain's Special (23149/21914)

Search This thread

lomo2002

Oct 5, 2007
oh, ya, i have to change the signature. i just bought it, so i am little new to pro version.

macieh

Feb 5, 2008
USA
a bit of confusion...

i didn't notice if this was before or after i installed the dusk package, however the left and right sft keys on the home tab take the form of any other tab and it's own tabs like it should....anyone use this rom and experience this?? it may just be a dusk problem but i didn't have it on other roms which is why it confuses me...i'm running the 2.5 28011 version on an att fuze

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
Hey Captain Just flashed(sense 2.1 29014) but have to revert to some other ROM got problem.
When i put my SIM the connection setup goes up fine.
As you must be aware that When the user is in a area where there is no 3G connectivity one has to go to advanced network settings and disble HSUPDA and set accordingly i did that like i always do for all ROMs and then in the comm manager tried to switch of 3G it was not willing to switch off and till that would not off the phone never registers on any network as India ( my operator- Vodafone ) does not have 3G yet.
So please solve this problem i guess it is to do with the comm manger version you are using.
Please really want to try your ROM sir.
Though Sense looked swoosh especiaaly on the auto rotate landscape DAYAAAM Beautiful ! ! ! !

Thanks
please help sir

paulyluca

Aug 24, 2008
Alba Iulia
maybe someone can figure this out and help me:

I am using a Touch Pro, so I can't conect to the internet in opera with the AT&T proxy settings. So I run the "disable proxy' cab. It did not worked. Naturally, my next step was to remove proxy's manually trough Opera, accessing "opera:config". After removing all proxy settings and saving, I was able to access the internet just fine. But now comes my problem: after soft resetting, the proxy settings are back in. Removed them again, soft reseted, proxy's are in opera again.

What can I do, besides removing them each time after reset?

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
hi captain !
what are the bugs in this port?
As was stated, there are (supposedly) some minor cosmetic bugs. The only "bug" I found so far is when adding a Push Internet page, and changing the frequency, the page moves down by itself. But that's barely even worth mentioning.

i didn't notice if this was before or after i installed the dusk package, however the left and right sft keys on the home tab take the form of any other tab and it's own tabs like it should....anyone use this rom and experience this?? it may just be a dusk problem but i didn't have it on other roms which is why it confuses me...i'm running the 2.5 28011 version on an att fuze
I'm not sure what the "dusk" package is - is it made for this version of Sense 2.5 (1921?), VGA, ported by Kisja, amarullz, & yozgatg? I've seen people report issues using customizations not specifically made for this version of Manila. If it doesn't happen without the theme, then it's likely that's your problem.

Sorry for asking this question but is this ROM for 6.1 or 6.5?

Thanks
All of these ROM are 6.5. I'm considering making a 6.1 Sense 2.1 ROM, but that will depend on how many people want it.
Hey Captain Just flashed(sense 2.1 29014) but have to revert to some other ROM got problem.
When i put my SIM the connection setup goes up fine.
As you must be aware that When the user is in a area where there is no 3G connectivity one has to go to advanced network settings and disble HSUPDA and set accordingly i did that like i always do for all ROMs and then in the comm manager tried to switch of 3G it was not willing to switch off and till that would not off the phone never registers on any network as India ( my operator- Vodafone ) does not have 3G yet.
So please solve this problem i guess it is to do with the comm manger version you are using.
Please really want to try your ROM sir.
Though Sense looked swoosh especiaaly on the auto rotate landscape DAYAAAM Beautiful ! ! ! !

Thanks
please help sir
If you disable HSUPA/HSDPA in Comm Manager, you shouldn't have to change anything in Comm Manager - I think both of those things do the same thing. To test this, try re-enabling HSDPA/HSUPA in Advanced Network, and then see if you can toggle 3G. Also, make sure you change the authentication method to "PAP Authentication", and then go into the phone settings and try to "Find Network".

To be honest, I've been having some Comm Manager issues (but only with WiFi, as far as I knew), so this may be related to that. I'll look into it further if that doesn't work.

maybe someone can figure this out and help me:

I am using a Touch Pro, so I can't conect to the internet in opera with the AT&T proxy settings. So I run the "disable proxy' cab. It did not worked. Naturally, my next step was to remove proxy's manually trough Opera, accessing "opera:config". After removing all proxy settings and saving, I was able to access the internet just fine. But now comes my problem: after soft resetting, the proxy settings are back in. Removed them again, soft reseted, proxy's are in opera again.

What can I do, besides removing them each time after reset?
That's because the AT&T Proxy settings are stored in the opera.ini file. You'll need one that isn't customized with the AT&T settings for it to work correctly. I'll attach the stock one here (in a zip file). Replace the one under \Windows\Opera9, and you should be good to go (hopefully).

Attachments

• opera.zip
    1,013 bytes · Views: 68
Last edited:

M4st372

Nov 8, 2009
Thanks for the quick reply! :) 2 more noob question now..

1. Where and how can i upgrade my phone to 6.5

2. Do all of these ROMs come with those buttons on the bottom

Thanks again

macieh

Feb 5, 2008
USA
I'm not sure what the "dusk" package is - is it made for this version of Sense 2.5 (1921?), VGA, ported by Kisja, amarullz, & yozgatg? I've seen people report issues using customizations not specifically made for this version of Manila. If it doesn't happen without the theme, then it's likely that's your problem.

I was referring to the dusk manila 2.5 evolution v2.0...by grzegorz10...i've installed the cab before with other roms and this problem didn't happen so that is why i was scratching my head...i'm going to HR and see if it continues...besides this, i like the work you put into setting this up for a fuze...one other question i had was, where can i find the manila locker settings??

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Thanks for the quick reply! :) 2 more noob question now..

1. Where and how can i upgrade my phone to 6.5

2. Do all of these ROMs come with those buttons on the bottom

Thanks again
1. Go to this thread: [Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs). That should give you all the information you need to flash a custom ROM.

2. What buttons?

I was referring to the dusk manila 2.5 evolution v2.0...by grzegorz10...i've installed the cab before with other roms and this problem didn't happen so that is why i was scratching my head...i'm going to HR and see if it continues...besides this, i like the work you put into setting this up for a fuze...one other question i had was, where can i find the manila locker settings??
I'm not using the latest version of Manila Locker that has the Settings. I'm using BETA 5. I'll be updating it once a new, worthy ROM build comes along (if it works to my satisfaction).

i'm really sorry to mention this but
can't u provide a mediafire mirror too?
Mediafire's upload limit is 100MB, so no, I can't, unfortunately. Mediafire is actually my preferred upload site as well :rolleyes:. The ED/TP links should be working fine now.

M4st372

Nov 8, 2009
1. So do i just flash a ROM that is made for 6.5?:confused:

2. Those buttons in the picture

Attachments

• Buttons_Fuze.JPG
    Buttons_Fuze.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 29

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
1. So do i just flash a ROM that is made for 6.5?:confused:

2. Those buttons in the picture
1. Yes, if you want a 6.5 ROM, you must follow the instructions in the n00bs thread I posted (flash HardSPL, etc.) and then flash a custom 6.5 ROM.

2. Well, if you look in the screenshots on post #2, you'll see those "buttons" aren't there :rolleyes:.

dlee83

Dec 9, 2008
I just flashed the 21885 ROM, and my VZ TP is stuck in a reboot cycle!

It gives me the 1st screen "Verizon Wireless Please wait, phone starting up" and after about 5-10 seconds on that screen, it reboots!

Anyone encounter this with this ROM? Anyone know how to get out of this?

Thanks!

Daniel

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
1. Thanks again Captain :D

2. Im talking about post #3
Ah. I haven't cooked a 218XX Sense 2.5 ROM. I'll consider that for next time as well.

I just flashed the 21885 ROM, and my VZ TP is stuck in a reboot cycle!

It gives me the 1st screen "Verizon Wireless Please wait, phone starting up" and after about 5-10 seconds on that screen, it reboots!

Anyone encounter this with this ROM? Anyone know how to get out of this?

Thanks!

Daniel
This is a GSM forum, and thus, this is a GSM ROM. You have a CDMA device. You need to flash your stock CDMA ROM to your device, and then you can flash a custom CDMA ROM (not this one, or any of the ones in this sub-forum). I have added a note respecting this as the first line of the first post of the thread.

Last edited:

Ken B

Aug 28, 2006
Voice Command over BT

Hi Captain, I really like the rom so far, using the 21885 with 2.1 sense. I had to change a reg setting to get Voice Command to work over Bluetooth and I thought I would share it with you:

Change: HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Bluetooth>AudioGateway>“BTAGExtModule"=OEMAGW.dll to vcbthag.dll

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is there any way to disable the caller id slide to unlock? sometimes its a pain to pick up a call and depending if my hands are at all wet i cant slide the slide to pick up a call
    No, not really. You do know you can use the hardware keys to answer the phone, right?

There aren't any non-Slide-to-Answer dialers being made by HTC anymore. The last one I know of was the original Raphael dialer (which doesn't play nice with Sense or WM 6.5).

There is a hack to use the stock Dialer, I think. But it's definitely not as pretty, and I'm not sure how well it works, to be honest :rolleyes:.
    * IMPORTANT *

THIS IS A GSM ROM. Do NOT use this ROM if you have a CDMA (Sprint, Verizon) Touch Pro!!!

To flash a custom ROM, you MUST first flash Hard-SPL by OliNex!!

If you don't know what's involved with flashing a ROM, PLEASE see mskip's guide for n00bs!!

A BIG special thanks to XDA member dschlaefer for donating his Fuze so I can continue cooking for the Raphael!!

I know what you're thinking. Does this forum really need another ROM thread? I agree; I don't think it does either. But, here I am, opening one anyway.

So, here's the skinny:

These ROMs are based on builds 23554, 23541, 21898, and 21893, and are customized for the AT&T HTC Fuze and Touch Pro. One series includes Sense 2.5 VGA, and the other includes Sense 2.1 VGA. For those who want lower CPU usage, go with the Sense 2.1 version.

The 218XX version will generally be the most stable, so if that's what you're looking for, that's the one I'd go with :rolleyes:.

I use the 4-row Start Menu (thanks to showaco), because I like it :p.

What's included in my ROMs (common to both versions):

Cooked in -
    Code:
    Opera_Browser (9.5 for Sense 2.1, 9.7 for Sense 2.5)
    EzInput 2.1 (thanks to [B]rsw686[/B])
    HTC Framework/Shared Resources (thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    HTC LockScreen (thanks to [B]conflipper[/B] & [B]indagroove[/B])
    Menu Enhancement
    HTC Connection Setup
    Album (Sense 2.5 version includes Social Networking Support - VGA version thanks to [B]programatix[/B])
    Office Mobile 2010
    Windows Live (10.7) - [I]Messenger NOT Included[/I]
    JETCET Print
    Adobe PDF
    Leo Comm Manager
    YouTube (Rhodium version w/Landscape support)
    AT&T Phone Canvas from Tilt 2 (w/Video Share support - thanks to [B]pyrorob[/B] & [B]amarullz[/B])/Rhodium Phone Canvas w/Video Call support
    Arcsoft MMS
    JBlend Java
    Enhanced Power Off Warning
    Streaming_Media
    Quick GPS
    Notification Enhancement (COM5 builds use 3.5, COM2 builds use 2.0 - thanks to [B]Digicast Solutions[/B] for the snooze options CAB)
    Long Press End Key (accessed through a tab in "Buttons" applet under "Settings")
    G Sensor Calibrator
    HTC Calculator
    Teeter
    HTC CAMERA
    RandomAccess (Letter Picker in Contacts)
    FM Radio
    Installed by CAB (uninstallable via "Remove Programs" applet in "Settings") -
    Code:
    Mortscript - thanks to [B]mort[/B]
    Notepad Mobile (thanks to [B]shamasis[/B])
    psShutXP Power Key (skin thanks to [B]dharvey4651[/B])
    AMeBa 0.8 RC (thanks to [B]xtep[/B])
    AutoA2DP (thanks to [B]xiaojin1985[/B] & [B]supware[/B] for the CAB)
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591248"]DINIK's HD2 Icon Set[/URL]
    6Fg8's Top Bar icons (thanks to bilbobrian)
    Adobe FlashLite Distributable Player
    Flip_IT (Topaz) - thanks to [B]bepe[/B], [B]WildBerry Team[/B], & [B]tom_codon[/B] (COM5 Builds only)
    BsB G-Config (COM2 Builds only)
    Google Maps 4.0
    Microsoft My Phone
    Microsoft Marketplace
    Customization:

This ROM uses RunCC for customization, and supports User Customization (UC).

UPDATE: NEW No-SENSE version available (Fuze & TP Editions)!! See here for details (Fuze Edition): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=7989374&postcount=1668; TP Edition: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8079649&postcount=1683

Features:
    • Build updated to 23541 (thanks to Da_G!)
    • Most HTC apps removed (including Album, Comm Manager, EzInput, Menu Enhancement, & Notification Manager)
    • CHome Customizations remain (Titanium Weather, myLocation, ATFavePeople)
    • Opera removed from ROM (IE panel added back to CHome/Titanium)
    • Flip_IT moved under "Utilities"
    • Office Mobile 2010 included
    • JETCET PRINT removed
    • HTC Connection Setup, HTC Calculator, Long Press End Key, HTC Dialer w/Video Call included
    DOWNLOAD LINKS:

The Captain's Special - Build 23541 - "Non-Sense"

Other ROMs/Links:

Post #2: Sense 2.1 VGA - Build 23541/21893 (FUZE - 21898)
    Post #3: Sense 2.5 VGA - Build 23133/21914
    Post #4: Add-On CABs/Fixes/Change Log/To Do/Donation Acknowledgements
    Post #5: FAQ
    Post #6: Tab by Tab Comparison of Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5
    For the Sense 2.1 lovers . . .

Here's my "refreshed" Sense 2.1 ROM.

Changes since previous version:
    • 6.5.x Build updated to 23149 (COM 3)
    • AMeBa removed from ROM in favor of uTask (smaller memory footprint). NOTE: Long Press Start button now opens Comm Manager, Task Manager icon on Home screen opens Windows Task Manager.
    That's all I can think of for now - it's likely there are other updates (I basically had to rebuild the entire ROM, since my kitchen's been updated).

I must admit, I had forgotten how smooth Sense 2.1 is . . . (I do still prefer all of the other features of Sense 2.5). To each his own, I suppose.

Oh right, almost forgot. Here's the link:

The Captain's Special - Sense 2.1 - Build 23149 - Touch Pro Edition (Mediafire)
    I responded to the 1st two via PM, but I'm not aware of that 3rd item. Is there an additional fix you need for Rogers to fix the timestamp on SMS?

Got the PM ... much appreciated. Some carriers such as Rogers/Fido have an issue with SMS timestamping. Here's a link to a .CAB for those experiencing a time offset issue with SMS:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2252296&postcount=5

The .CAB changes the first registry key below ... but it's possible that the second registry location is required as well.

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\PhoneSetting\]
    "TrustTimeZoneField"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\OEM\SMS\]
    "RecvTimeStamp"=dword:00000001

Cheers,
    Hi cap :) So i was thinking about new rom :) Are there any new things you could cook in ? You can add hotfixes and so on :)
    I can't think of any reason to cook a new ROM at this point. I'm running a 23151 version of my Sense 2.1 ROM on my Fuze, and it's just about perfect. I almost don't want to cook anything else & ruin it :rolleyes:.