[Android] NAND Boot Method for Polaris: FLASH IT!

Search This thread

luzbel_es

Sep 27, 2007
I think that calibration and gps files must be in the nbh, but I dont know how I can edit it.

Haru13

Sep 4, 2009
Problem here..

I've got a problem...It doesn't work...what .tar have you put in the andboot directory? i've tried myn's warn...

Is there a way to go back to windows mobile? I can't have a link with my PC so can't flash any more...
Could you help me?

M@x1mu5

Mar 4, 2009
Reinstall WinMo

You have to put your device in bootloader. You can't don that from Android (at least I couldn't). Reset your device and when Android loads press the camera button + reset with stylus. Your device should enter bootloader and than connect it and flash WinMo. If that does not work, take out your SD card. When Android boot it says "Waiting for the SD card" and then try to press the above combination to put your device in bootloader.

Hope it helps

Haru13

Sep 4, 2009
It works!!! Great! I'm back to (winmo) business!! Thank you very much!!!

I've tried the camera button+reset with stylus to start bootloader (seems to work every time) while lanching CustomRUU,and could go back to winmo!!!!

OK, Next time'll try with haret...^^

But could you tell me what so i have to put in andboot file? only the .tar? Which one...I've tried Eclair with update also...

My actual winmo rom is the Kikou Vodacruise 0.8 with a 1.59....radio...

Here is my bootlog (if it helps):
sh: 0: unknown operand
mount: mounting /dev/block/mtdblock3 on /data failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/tmpcache on /cache failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/shared_prefs on /shared_prefs failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/tmpcache on /tmp failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/bin/su failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /system/xbin/su failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles/su on /bin/su failed: Invalid argument
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles on /system/etc/ppp failed: No such file or directory
mount: mounting /data/sysfiles on /smodem failed: Invalid argument

Kiiv

May 21, 2008
Paris
Solved it. I put my device in bootloader by pressing the camera button + stylus reset when Android loads. I don't know if it worked because I removed my SD card and on the screen appeared "Waiting for SD card" but in that moment I've reset the device in bootloader.
Does not work for me :(

I'm stuck with a non working android, I don't know what to do...

M@x1mu5

Mar 4, 2009
You can read "showthread.php?t=619980" (unable to post links)
If you have a POLA100 and want to run from SD card with Haret then try the "Classic SQSH method". The other method, NoMoRootFS for SD card does not work for Polaris (it didn't work last time I tried). If you want to use NAND (I think you've tried that method) then you put only one file (.tar) in andboot folder and flash the nbh for Polaris.

M@x1mu5

Mar 4, 2009
Does not work for me :(

I'm stuck with a non working android, I don't know what to do...
Tried again. The only way to put my device in bootloder is this: removed SD card, reset Polaris, Android loads and at one moment says "Waiting for SD card" at this moment I press camera button + stylus reset.

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
omg!

i installed eclair252_androidinstall rom and it´s very VERY FAST!

thanks a lot

I would like to donate but it will have to wait since I am from spain too and I´m also suffering zapatero´s politics

great work

i´ll flash again to wm since having android without internet i cant concieve

hope we get gps and wifi soon

vestlink

May 6, 2008
It worked for me too, but i wasn't able to install data to sdcard. Should I make ext2 partitions in order for that to work??

Nicolai

ISEEKA

Do you have a link to the tar??

Last edited:

Kiiv

May 21, 2008
Paris
Tried again. The only way to put my device in bootloder is this: removed SD card, reset Polaris, Android loads and at one moment says "Waiting for SD card" at this moment I press camera button + stylus reset.
Ok, thanks for the help :)
I'm back on WinMo! I will retry later, but I have some problem with connection (due to my phone is a bit broken... ^^)

SuperJMN

Mar 4, 2007
Ciudad Real
superjmn.wordpress.com
In order to get WIFI working, we need a calibration file that is unique for each device, as some Luzbel said. I wrote to DZO (Martin). This is what he answered:
wifi does work, you just need to change build.prop and have a calibration file.

Well, I couldn't imagine why Android just can't generate the file itself. If it's not possible, does anybody know where to put this file and what to modify in build.prop?

This is a pain in the **s. Why do we have to be so tricky? One file for each device :S!

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
Hmm let me check something

This is in the buil.prop in the android.tar i am using related to wifi

# system.prop for sapphire
#

rild.libpath=/system/lib/libhtc_ril.so
wifi.interface = tiwlan0
# Time between scans in seconds. Keep it high to minimize battery drain.
# This only affects the case in which there are remembered access points,
# but none are in range.
wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 45

Last edited:

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
Originally Posted by zenity
Ok I managed to find a 'workaround' to the WiFi and GPS problem:

Download and run the standard Haret based Android Build of your choice, ( I used the Polyrhythmic Dark Themed Eclair build from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=600154 )

Run this from sd card using haret, and start up WiFi and GPS, this generates the configuration files.

Now shutdown the phone using the power off, don't just pull the battery, since this may leave some data uncached.

Then copy the whole SD card to a temp folder on the PC.

Now make up another SD card using a Tinboot NBH of your choice, copy the System.sqsh, data.img, rootfs.img, GPS and Configuration files from the temporary folder, add the three empty files datafsonand, systemfsonand and rootfsonand giving a total of 9 files on SD card, rather than the normal 7.

The reason for running from SD card first sets up the data.img, wifi and gps files, which does not happen during Nand installation, this may be due to Squashfs being a readonly filesystem, not sure about that yet, since I discovered this workaround by happy accident.

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
Originally Posted by zenity

Now make up another SD card using a Tinboot NBH of your choice, copy the System.sqsh, data.img, rootfs.img, GPS and Configuration files from the temporary folder, add the three empty files datafsonand, systemfsonand and rootfsonand giving a total of 9 files on SD card, rather than the normal 7..

???? anyone?

iseeka

Jul 5, 2006
maybe just copy a calibration file to /sdcard/calibration? i´ll try this night

Ok I think I've found why the WIFI isn't working for you. It's due to missing calibration file. if you don't have it in /sdcard/calibration you propably won't be able to use wifi on NAND build. Not sure if the file is same on all kaisers, but propably not because it's generated during startup when it's missing. So the workaround for now might be to start any build in windows mobile and generate the calibration file using the following :

Code:
	dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd0ro of=/sdcard/tempcal bs=8192 count=1 skip=4736
	dd if=/sdcard/tempcal of=/sdcard/calibration bs=1 count=752 skip=64
        rm /sdcard/tempcal

unfortunately this can't be done in NAND version of android you have to haret.exe under winmo :-(